Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Well if hamas killed 600 IDF and the IDF killed 600 civilians, that adds up to 1200 civilians killed by hamas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
One of the contractors that works for our client outside of Tel-Aviv lost his brother on Oct 7. Sorry I don't have a link, but I also don't really need to prove it to you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my condolences to the idf troops that had no choice but to kill the brother you don't know of a person you also don't know.

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Books On Tape posted:

One of the contractors that works for our client outside of Tel-Aviv lost his brother on Oct 7. Sorry I don't have a link, but I also don't really need to prove it to you.

he fell out the guard tower? 😂🤣😂🤣🤣

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

ya, it sucks... !

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
my sister's friend's cousin's hairdresser's pen pal's former neighbor was one of the babies that hamas decapitated.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

my sister's friend's cousin's hairdresser's pen pal's former neighbor was one of the babies that hamas decapitated.

It's a guy I'm in Teams meetings with multiple times a week but keep on with the hyperbole. I suppose it is possible it's fake and he's lying.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Al! posted:

it already is a good thread, debunking the myth that hamas has killed a single non combatant civilian on october 7

im almost certain they killed some noncombatants and its kinda silly to pretend they didn't because its statistically unlikely 1000+ people get into a day of firefights in populated areas with automatic weaponry and dont kill anyone

what i haven't seen established is that there was any intent of targeting civilians with killing and especially not any wholesale massacring of civilians on the part of hamas nor any intent to

if they wanted to go for a body count they'd have had a million billion times more success with explosives+serial lone gunmen, but that would obviously kill their international support

the simpler proof is that they haven't demonstrated the degree of cultural radicalization that creates a general willingness to do that kind of thing in the first place. isis did, and isis fighters proudly advertised everything they did. you can't like, order people who're fighting for a specific principled cause to go be ISIS now if it's not what they've been doing and won't benefit their cause

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

Books On Tape posted:

tell him I said to gently caress off

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

FirstnameLastname posted:

im almost certain they killed some noncombatants and its kinda silly to pretend they didn't because its statistically unlikely 1000+ people get into a day of firefights in populated areas with automatic weaponry and dont kill anyone

what i haven't seen established is that there was any intent of targeting civilians with killing and especially not any wholesale massacring of civilians on the part of hamas nor any intent to

if they wanted to go for a body count they'd have had a million billion times more success with explosives+serial lone gunmen, but that would obviously kill their international support

the simpler proof is that they haven't demonstrated the degree of cultural radicalization that creates a general willingness to do that kind of thing in the first place. isis did, and isis fighters proudly advertised everything they did. you can't like, order people who're fighting for a specific principled cause to go be ISIS now if it's not what they've been doing and won't benefit their cause

settlers on illegally colonized land are not "non-combatants" hth

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

also like with how much planning and preparation and sheer discipline preparing for the operation involved, the people who took part obviously have some self control, they spent years Not doing attacks to get the guard low enough for it
a group that collectively abstains from violence and catching attention that long isn't longing to drink baby skull blood and also don't seem like the kind to spontaneously lose control and start once they were in israel

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

500 bad dogs posted:

there were still tourists and migrant contractors and stuff like that who weren't residents or weren't there by choice/much choice and some palestinian workers who were in the country legally n stuff like that
not a lot but not 0

haven't seen any sign they were intentionally targeted tho. i heard about one attack happening on thai migrant workers but idk if it's proven the attsck happened or how much detail on who was involved etc
if any of that was committed by people from gaza it was prob. random crimey psycho people who came thru the border while it was opened cuz hamas was too busy taking hostages to gently caress around w/ heads or hunting down kids or burning people alive or whatever poo poo

FirstnameLastname has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Nov 22, 2023

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

there were still tourists and migrant contractors and stuff like that who weren't residents or weren't there by choice and some palestinian workers who were in the country legally n stuff like that
not a lot but not 0

yeah that's probably fair

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

hamas are the most moral army on/in earth and it's not even close

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

youre right i was inaccurate in that post. i meant intentionally killed any non combatants, like i stated in the title of this thread

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

It'll turn out the hamas operation had much less civilian casualties then ur usual USA black ops mission

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

haven't seen any sign they were intentionally targeted tho. i heard about one attack happening on thai migrant workers but idk if it's proven the attsck happened or how much detail on who was involved etc
if any of that was committed by people from gaza it was prob. random crimey psycho people who came thru the border while it was opened cuz hamas was too busy taking hostages to gently caress around w/ heads or hunting down kids or burning people alive or whatever poo poo

yeah this is an important point. every palestinian that crossed the breach wasnt a Hamas mujahideen despite the broad brush the us and israel want to paint them as

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

were there hamas comments on what happened that day or did they get white noised away by insane israeli propaganda

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

threads gay now

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

threads gay now

in the good way or bad way

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

geez you'd think by page 2 we'd have something more credible than "a guy who works for my company knows a guy who died" which doesn't provide proof that hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lpzie posted:

al!s gonna end up being right once again as always. strap in, folks...

500 bad dogs
Nov 22, 2023

Al! posted:

geez you'd think by page 2 we'd have something more credible than "a guy who works for my company knows a guy who died" which doesn't provide proof that hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7

what reason does the IDF have to lie about it

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Al! posted:

Everyone else is working on finding proof that the moon landing was real and that planes really were enough to take down the towers. Get in line.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lpzie posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

holy cow not a single crumb of evidence let alone proof that hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7 still?

why are we expected to believe they did without evidence? racism? i can only conclude that if you are reading this and believe hamas killed civilians on purpose without evidence much less proof you can only be a racist

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

holy cow not a single crumb of evidence let alone proof that hamas intentionally killed civilians on october 7 still?

why are we expected to believe they did without evidence? racism? i can only conclude that if you are reading this and believe hamas killed civilians on purpose without evidence much less proof you can only be a racist

:hai:

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

there were still tourists and migrant contractors and stuff like that who weren't residents or weren't there by choice/much choice and some palestinian workers who were in the country legally n stuff like that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C4MVQby0InQ

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its possible, likely even, that those 1200 were vaxxed

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Technically the idf has not killed any civilians because they do not consider anyone else to be fully human #debunked #VBNMW

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
the idf provided iron clad audio proof of the Hamas saving their one and only missile that could do any damage for days after the initial attack to bomb their own hospital full of refugees. they even waited until the idf bombed the hospital beforehand and called the hospital to tell them they’d bomb it again to unleash their devilish attack.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Lpzie posted:

Eh, I'd give it to the PLA. Hamas has some heinous poo poo they're going for but it's just on paper and theoretical.

But that's just splitting hairs. I hope beyond hope we see a world where their current righteous cause is over and we, way out here, get to argue about their true colors when the rest is done

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a crumb of proof.... just a spoonful????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ok, i can consider this one closed, and settled forever, as a question. wikipedia, freel free to link here.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

looks like this is back in the news specifically regarding mass rapes and genital mutilation which means some proof must have materialized right? we have some proof now that hamas raped and mutilated women on october 7? reopening this thread

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

still completely innocent, zero proof.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lpzie posted:

still completely innocent, zero proof.

tumbleweeds

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Books On Tape posted:

Do you have any indication as to who killed him? Trying to be open to the idea that Hamas could have killed a civilian on purpose, at least in this thread. Also can I ask what this fellow did for a living? And if he was an IDF reservist or had previously served?
Thank you for sharing, if only to have a real case to discuss.

500 bad dogs posted:

I think a baby is a non combatant, apart of course from Israel's 40 strong infant platoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Weka posted:

Do you have any indication as to who killed him? Trying to be open to the idea that Hamas could have killed a civilian on purpose, at least in this thread. Also can I ask what this fellow did for a living? And if he was an IDF reservist or had previously served?
Thank you for sharing, if only to have a real case to discuss.

I'd be willing to bet it's just the same situation as with most of the casualties, where people were just told it was Hamas by the authorities. Even if it was an IDF helicopter or tank, the victim's family would still obviously be told it was Hamas.