Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Keep it up, also keep backstabbing each other over the leadership crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I keep getting irrationally upset over Nat stealing the crown from Tea! :mad:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I enjoy how playing this game with two players has made it both simultaneously easier and harder at the same time.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Hey guys, I can only apologise for the patchiness of updates recently. I've been on holiday in Milan, came back from that and immediately started a new job which is *way* more responsibility than I should be allowed to have. I'm hoping things should get back to normal schedule now, but uhhh, it's been a little tough!

Oh I will note, Patreon seems to have a feature where you can subscribe to that without donating cash. If you do that then the advance episodes are released on a timer there before I can make them public on youtube, so it ends up being the most reliable place for updates in some ways.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 10, 2024

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

drat, tea talking about things being dark and dreary and not warm... these last days have been too warm and I want cold.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Hey guys, I can only apologise for the patchiness of updates recently. I've been on holiday in Milan, came back from that and immediately started a new job which is *way* more responsibility than I should be allowed to have. I'm hoping things should get back to normal schedule now, but uhhh, it's been a little tough!

Oh I will note, Patreon seems to have a feature where you can subscribe to that without donating cash. If you do that then the advance episodes are released on a timer there before I can make them public on youtube, so it ends up being the most reliable place for updates in some ways.

I really liked the goomba level, jolly cooperation.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

I really had a great time with the goomba mechanic!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I really had a great time with the goomba mechanic!

You missing the very obvious side passage repeatedly frustrated me.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
About beer and gin being the same, William Hogarth would beg to differ.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Auto-scroll levels are a crime against humanity.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021
Hot! Hot! Hot!'s wonder flower is one of the most annoying to find. I had to look it up.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Was it me or were there spots of odd audio on this video, like a secondary audio track or something?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fun fact: If you hit the block with the Wonder Flower at the wrong time during Wavy Ride through the Magma Tube, a Talking Flower pops out. It promptly says, "Look at me! I'm the Wonder Flower!" :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bremen posted:

Was it me or were there spots of odd audio on this video, like a secondary audio track or something?

If you can give me the timestamps I'll have a look. I was playing with an AI audio cleaning feature on the premiere pro beta so it might have caused a problem.

Quackles posted:

Fun fact: If you hit the block with the Wonder Flower at the wrong time during Wavy Ride through the Magma Tube, a Talking Flower pops out. It promptly says, "Look at me! I'm the Wonder Flower!" :v:

Goddamn that rules. I love how much Nintendo has thought of in this game.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Natural 20 posted:

If you can give me the timestamps I'll have a look. I was playing with an AI audio cleaning feature on the premiere pro beta so it might have caused a problem.

It was just little bits where it kind of sounded like a different voice saying things I couldn't make out. Like at around 21:52 after Tea says "uh" it's like someone else in the background says "hanook." Or at 22:00 Tea says "I can't imagine we're gonna have to go all the way back up" there's another cut in that sounds like "and so". It made me keep checking my other tabs wondering if something was playing audio.

AI trying to clean things up and seeing things that weren't there would definitely explain it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bremen posted:

It was just little bits where it kind of sounded like a different voice saying things I couldn't make out. Like at around 21:52 after Tea says "uh" it's like someone else in the background says "hanook." Or at 22:00 Tea says "I can't imagine we're gonna have to go all the way back up" there's another cut in that sounds like "and so". It made me keep checking my other tabs wondering if something was playing audio.

AI trying to clean things up and seeing things that weren't there would definitely explain it.

Huh that's so so strange, okay, I won't be doing that again even if it helps get rid of background noise really well.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Your house is just a bit haunted, it's fine.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The yellow flower powers do appear to be awkward double-edged sword ones. The sort of powers you'd set to do challenge runs but could maybe enable ridiculous speedrun tech if you can master 'em.

Solar Roller looked awesome fun.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:argh:

Nat, Tea

Drill Hat, Elephant power up

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I do hate to rain on y'all's parade, but just a warning: Unlocking [REDACTED] requires collecting all the 10-coins and flagpoles.

fatsleepycat
Oct 2, 2021

Quackles posted:

I do hate to rain on y'all's parade, but just a warning: Unlocking [REDACTED] requires collecting all the 10-coins and flagpoles.

I thought it was only the 10-coins, but frankly that seemed annoying enough to get me to not bother.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
It seems like you can just smash those blocks as an elephant? That would be my guess.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, Nintendo intended you to come into the stage with a power-up and keep it to the very end so you can smash the blocks, but you made that statement ir-relephant.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 29, 2024

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
All I can say after watching that is WOWIE ZOWIE.

Still, you can't argue with the results, and congratulations on concocting and completing such a silly plan.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i also did this exit this way (tho i wasn't playing multiplayer) and i think the statement of 'you came the cool way' is clearly implying that the shell method is intended. weaklings who use the elephant powerup are only looking for excuses to skip out on life

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

I don't think it would be a 20 and Tea LP if there wasn't some sort of earth shatteringly stupid incident of some sort.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Playing Super Mario World on a playstation? That just feels so wrong.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Congrats on beating The Final Challenge!

You probably won't need to come back to the Special World until you've gotten every 10-coin, flagpole, and Wonder Seed. :getin:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 2, 2024

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

time to 100% it nat, the wonder demands it of you.

then for your next game since the last world is next

Armored Core, I think you would enjoy it much more than your experience with a soulsborne.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I thoroughly enjoyed your finding a workaround of the intended mechanics to get to that special exit, and holy cow that special level was amazing! I hope it was as fun to play as it was to watch!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

AtomikKrab posted:

Armored Core, I think you would enjoy it much more than your experience with a soulsborne.

We are pretty strongly considering this.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It's a good idea. AC6 doesn't have all the normal soulsborne BS that threw you off with Bloodborne. It's just fun

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Slaan posted:

It's a good idea. AC6 doesn't have all the normal soulsborne BS that threw you off with Bloodborne. It's just fun

Not saying some of the bosses aren't tough, but you can generally recognize what you are doing wrong if you take a moment to stop and think, and adjusting your build is easy, and checkpoints for things like bosses are generally RIGHT before the boss room

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Bowser just wants to throw the biggest party, and everyone's invited :3: Whether they want to or not!

As for your next game or one of your next ones, I'll throw Mushroom Kingdom Fusion in the suggestion box, one of the oldest and weirdest fangames out there. Imagine one of those ludicrously over-ambitious forum projects from the late-00s that were all doomed from the start due to sheer in-built feature creep, except that this one is somehow still in very active development, has received surprising amounts of polish over the years, and could potentially even get finished at some point. Said point might very well still be 5 years in the future, so I'd say there's no issue with playing it now. Basically, if you're thinking about what sort of platformer you should play next, there is an "all of them" option :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Are you going to try for the secret level in the Special World of this game?

Also, y'all should totally play Dawn of Sorrow, but with the patch that means you don't need to use touch controls.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 6, 2024