Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Quackles posted:

Oh, you're going there? With Spring Feet on?

:allears:

You get the badge after the level, but Spring Feet is actually recommenced for Jump Jump Jump and whoever set that officially deserves the job title of Rat Bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I still have yet to successfully climb to the beat. It's bottlenecking the rest of my progression.

...I haven't been trying since the game came out, I 99%ed it and said "I'll come back later". Later never came.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

By the way, if you reach a point when playing this that you need to inject a little more whimsy there's a hardware gimmick in this game that I love. Doesn't affect gameplay.

If using rumble, when running over a note block hold the controller up to your ear.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

Hm, I could swear I recognize that tune at 11:40 from something else but I have no idea what it could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIdELJ9UZi0
Manbo's Mambo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

berryjon posted:

Remember, in theory, every level can be completed solo.

Now, with the amount of stepping-on-toes that you two are having, imagine having a full party of 4! ;)

I miss player collision, wish it was an option to turn on. Fond memories of NSMB Wii trying to manage 4 people through a platforming level like the bone snake, which completely changed the nature of the level from a platforming challenge to Chaos Mode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Torrannor posted:

I think some "purists" would scoff that Nat and Tea basically just brute forced the level with tons of respawns together with the other players. But personally, that looked fun as hell, and the ending was super cute. This is one of the coolest multiplayer features around. I really like it.

Purists can play the game themselves. I'm usually one of them and I'm only going to gripe if someone's playing a game wrong (included game modes don't count) AND trashing it as a result. "This spoon is a terrible hammer" sort of things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Explopyro posted:

I don't really know why they bothered including this mechanic, honestly, it never really changes anything. But I guess it allows them to make the screen a bit more chaotic on occasion by spamming the small pickups?

That's exactly it. Lets them make the Wonder segments feel more rewarding without blowing out the economy for flower coins .