Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This is some of the good stuff here

Good Mario Gameplay and some really just out there stuff with those flower moments... which are... on a timer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Explopyro posted:

This game is fun and has a lot of great moments, I definitely think it's worth playing and it'll be interesting to see what you both think of it.

I'm not sure how I feel about the "wonder" gimmicks overall, a lot of them are cool and surprising and do put interesting twists on the gameplay, but when you know every level is going to have one (and when some of the concepts start repeating even if the execution is different), it starts to feel forced rather than genuinely whimsical. I don't know how one would go about fixing this, maybe it's just the cost of designing around this concept, but I personally would've liked there to be some normal levels, or maybe fakeout levels where it looks like there might be a wonder flower but it turns out there isn't, to contrast with the weirder ones and make them pop out more.

Regardless, game good and it's a fun take on 2D Mario.

I think what we have seen so far is neat and pretty fun, the developers clearly had fun making these levels.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think the levels have all been neat so far,

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Use different badges Nat

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Someone said things get boring, I haven't seen it yet

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The game mechanics are really really neat, thats all I can say

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I think we're currently going to maintain our policy of just randomly picking ones when we get to a store for now.

We tried an online recording session earlier this week, but apparently you can't play in levels that one player hasn't unlocked yet so Tea needs to beat the entire game up to where we are!

WHY NINTENDO WHY.

Rip Tea

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think the wonder seed you are missing in world one will lead you towards the secret level part of world one

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

These are really cute and well put together. I think the world one secret entrance is back in that one level with the bulls where there was like a wall of blocks you couldn't go through because you had lost power ups.

edit: I went back to the third video, bulrush express, I think you need either the drill hat or being an elephant and not getting hit so you have it at the end, I bet thats where the hidden level is.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 28, 2023

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Really a wonderful level, and I like how the online multiplayer stuff can really help you with clearing something you are stuck on by just bouncing to them.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I liked the water boss fight.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Exceptional Singing Talent

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I like the slime mechanics in this world

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Thats some good stuff, now go back to world one and get to the secret level there.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep it up, also keep backstabbing each other over the leadership crown.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

Hey guys, I can only apologise for the patchiness of updates recently. I've been on holiday in Milan, came back from that and immediately started a new job which is *way* more responsibility than I should be allowed to have. I'm hoping things should get back to normal schedule now, but uhhh, it's been a little tough!

Oh I will note, Patreon seems to have a feature where you can subscribe to that without donating cash. If you do that then the advance episodes are released on a timer there before I can make them public on youtube, so it ends up being the most reliable place for updates in some ways.

I really liked the goomba level, jolly cooperation.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

I really had a great time with the goomba mechanic!

You missing the very obvious side passage repeatedly frustrated me.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:argh:

Nat, Tea

Drill Hat, Elephant power up

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

time to 100% it nat, the wonder demands it of you.

then for your next game since the last world is next

Armored Core, I think you would enjoy it much more than your experience with a soulsborne.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Slaan posted:

It's a good idea. AC6 doesn't have all the normal soulsborne BS that threw you off with Bloodborne. It's just fun

Not saying some of the bosses aren't tough, but you can generally recognize what you are doing wrong if you take a moment to stop and think, and adjusting your build is easy, and checkpoints for things like bosses are generally RIGHT before the boss room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That was a really fun final boss stage.

Kept it all within what you would expect from a Mario game while still being different.

And Bowser got to ROCK ON.