Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Explopyro posted:

Well that was... certainly one way to get through that level. ;)

Of course, now you still have to go back and do it properly if you want the first seed... good luck.

This level is a huge difficulty spike out of nowhere and (IMO) the second-hardest and/or second-most-annoying level in the game. For all that, it's a really tightly-designed level and actually getting through it properly feels awesome, but oh god it took me hours and my hands were aching by the end of it. I do like the Special World levels in this game overall, but I found this one more painful than enjoyable.

Also, I don't know if you noticed specifically, but (as I hinted behind spoiler bars earlier) the standee shop in Special World is different, and purchasing any of the character-specific options here guarantees you don't get duplicates. If you want to complete the standees this is much less frustrating than the random route. (Also worth noting, you can't carry more than 999 purple coins at once, I tried to get in a habit of going out of my way to spend them whenever I started to get too many, otherwise they start going to waste.)

Specifically running the math. The guaranteed one for 30 is an equal or better deal when you are more likely than not to draw two or more old ones randomly for 10 before getting a new one or (numStandees/144)^2 >= 1/2. Which simplifies to numStandees >= 144/squareroot(2) or 102 standees being the mark where you're better off with the 30 coin guaranteed option.

E: The actual number is probably a bit lower because I forgot the standees have different rarity probabilities for gold/silver/normal, so your odds of hitting one you already have are higher.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Natural 20 posted:

I think we're currently going to maintain our policy of just randomly picking ones when we get to a store for now.

We tried an online recording session earlier this week, but apparently you can't play in levels that one player hasn't unlocked yet so Tea needs to beat the entire game up to where we are!

WHY NINTENDO WHY.

Because playing with people online should be as hard as possible.

It's funny to me that the company that introduced and popularized 4 controllers to let you play with a big group of friends is so stubbornly opposed to letting people play together online.