Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

This game is so dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I don't think I like the elephant form. It feels boring.

Ah, but when you're an elephant the music changes. That makes the whole thing, for me.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Oh, you're going there? With Spring Feet on?

:allears:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

For Climb for the Beat, to get the wonder seed, you have to grab it quickly once you're at the top.

The first time I beat the level, I was just sitting around and it timed out before I grabbed it. So I had to do it again :negative:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nice job!

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

berryjon posted:

Remember, in theory, every level can be completed solo.

And I've done it. Though I did have to turn on 2P mode for the very last section of the very last level. You'll know why when we get there. (Nat don't look)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I mean, I 'brute forced' the level with Yoshi, so I don't hold it against them at all.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Boosting Spin Jump is absolutely the best badge in the game, and there is a lot of cheese you can do with it, especially regarding the flagpole challenges.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Torrannor posted:

Those levels where you work with other players are a delight to watch, this was really cute.

I know the "double jump"/"gliding" badges are the best, but it would be cool to see you and Tea use some other badges some levels.

Like Jet Run or Spring Feet :getin:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Also, regarding mining games... I'd say you are thinking of MineCraft. :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AtomikKrab posted:

Thats some good stuff, now go back to world one and get to the secret level there.

Yeah, I'm excited for your takes on a lot of the rest of world 1.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Fun fact: If you hit the block with the Wonder Flower at the wrong time during Wavy Ride through the Magma Tube, a Talking Flower pops out. It promptly says, "Look at me! I'm the Wonder Flower!" :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I do hate to rain on y'all's parade, but just a warning: Unlocking [REDACTED] requires collecting all the 10-coins and flagpoles.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yeah, Nintendo intended you to come into the stage with a power-up and keep it to the very end so you can smash the blocks, but you made that statement ir-relephant.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 29, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Congrats on beating The Final Challenge!

You probably won't need to come back to the Special World until you've gotten every 10-coin, flagpole, and Wonder Seed. :getin:

Quackles fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 2, 2024

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Are you going to try for the secret level in the Special World of this game?

Also, y'all should totally play Dawn of Sorrow, but with the patch that means you don't need to use touch controls.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Remember those chompy guys? The Gnawshers or whatever?

Apparently there was an unused Wonder effect where Mario's head would turn into blocks and he'd have to advance while avoiding getting it eaten by them:

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/1770566024213279030