Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Some quick googling tells me the Kia theft problem is because the cars lack basic anti- theft measures and can be started with a screwdriver, a flaw which has apparently gone viral on tiktok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

PT6A posted:

I don't think the the supposed rights of victims ought to be considered too heavily, to be honest. Justice must be done dispassionately, and I acknowledge that even if it really pisses me off in certain cases.

Yes I agree that people should be made whole when possible, but I don't think the length of a sentence should have anything to do with the victims. I don't think anyone has a right to revenge

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How do you feel about the 17 year olds who stole our car and got taken home to their parents, out of curiousity?

I’m sure the parents will teach them to not get drunk, bust up cars for fun, and then drive drunk away this time?

There is a seperate issue here which is that grand theft auto is a serious crime, so I do feel that letting them off with a warning is not how this should be handled. However if they were given a sentence of like 6 months in a juvenile facility, I don't think that the victim has a right to be upset that its too little