Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I thought all the talking segments were dire. The Christian one was ok but the dead crowd brought the segment down. The crowd brought the whole show down to a degree in my opinion and I’m not as high on last nights episode as most here seem to be. It was a very WWE-type crowd where they only popped for the entrances and finishes for most matches. They were into the main event at least and I did like that match. I think they probably should have had Briscoe pull off the upset but Mox has traditionally been a final boss character so it’s probably too early in the tourney to pull something like that off.

I think they tried a few What chants with Christian

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I thought MJF's ultra hacky promo schtick was supposed to be meta heeling but it turns out he's just Like That

I missed the start of the show, I rly wanna see swerves match but that would mean going out of my way to see a jay lethal match so idk. im already all in on the fake G1 tho. its cool its a cool way to do a tournament, rush and jay white rocked. agreed that mox feels kind of a holding pattern yet still around having matches, getting wins. im not saying he should be on a losing streak he should just really consider taking that vaycay

daddy magic really giving "only person contributing to a group project" energy in that promo and I rly like it. gently caress it daddy magic push, we've got enough belts he can be ahhh roh tv champ hows that bud

oh I forgot, Christian hosed up bad by not naming his sons "unprettier" and "nick cage" but the rest of the segment was wrestling maury and pretty great. Adam Copeland looks like a demon man

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

daddy magic really giving "only person contributing to a group project" energy in that promo and I rly like it. gently caress it daddy magic push, we've got enough belts he can be ahhh roh tv champ hows that bud

first good idea I’ve seen today, now we’re talkin’

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

It's fine, he's a jacked dude who really likes 80s punk.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

beer crab. cr ab wrestler

....all this time I haven't looked too closely at their avatar, I thought it was a crab with a hat and not a crab holding a beer

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

magiccarpet posted:

I think they tried a few What chants with Christian

It wasn't just then, they were doing it throughout the night

Really really hoping last night was an aberration, I was excited about going when AEW comes back to town in January but I don't know if I'd enjoy a whole evening of whating and AAADAAAAAM

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Worst chants
- What
- Adaaaam
- We want fire

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
never should have left Daly's place aka american koruaken

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i really hope worlds end isnt a 1v1 w joe and mjf bc no way in the world joe is winning that and i would like mjf to no longer be champ asap. the courageous, battered babyface (who's still annoying and hack as gently caress but youre supposed to like it now) is getting accosted on all sides by dastardly heels and i want all of them to kick his rear end immediately

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

shiksa posted:

i really hope worlds end isnt a 1v1 w joe and mjf bc no way in the world joe is winning that and i would like mjf to no longer be champ asap. the courageous, battered babyface (who's still annoying and hack as gently caress but youre supposed to like it now) is getting accosted on all sides by dastardly heels and i want all of them to kick his rear end immediately

Joe's winning at Worlds End, op

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

apophenium posted:

would love to be wrong!!!

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

apophenium posted:

that's right

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, there were a couple of What chants. It was very obnoxious. I was on the upper level and it seemed like a more casual crowd than usual. I don’t think they were that bad overall, but it seemed less full than the last two Thanksgiving shows. And having two heel vs. heel matches and a main event match featuring a guy who is only sporadically on TV created a lot of weird vibes. It certainly wasn’t the best Chicago crowd, but it was fine.

I think the Jake Hager hat taunting was one of the loudest bits of the night. The fact that Danhausen actually had the hat was insane.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Danhausen was the most over thing on the show :eyepop:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Punch McLightning posted:

Please stop pushing Skye Blue.

Keep pushing Skye Blue. She rules and I like her new presentation

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DeepDickPizza posted:

Yeah, there were a couple of What chants. It was very obnoxious. I was on the upper level and it seemed like a more casual crowd than usual. I don’t think they were that bad overall, but it seemed less full than the last two Thanksgiving shows. And having two heel vs. heel matches and a main event match featuring a guy who is only sporadically on TV created a lot of weird vibes. It certainly wasn’t the best Chicago crowd, but it was fine.

I think the Jake Hager hat taunting was one of the loudest bits of the night. The fact that Danhausen actually had the hat was insane.

that crowd sucked. They whatted way too much and sat on their hands during good wrestling matches.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i got a new soundbar yesterday to replace my tvs bad speakers and i thought the crowd sounded really hot through the whole show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

MJF wins so the winner of the C2, Swerve Strickland, can beat him at Revolution.

Or Joe wins and Swerve beats him. Whatever. Swerve champ in the first quarter of 2024, I don’t care how he gets there.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

i got a new soundbar yesterday to replace my tvs bad speakers and i thought the crowd sounded really hot through the whole show.

Sweetened

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Bonk posted:

It's fine, he's a jacked dude who really likes 80s punk.

TK's going to have some Chicago-area punk one way or another

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

The Danhausen hat reveal popped me twice because I thought he was gonna bring out teeth, but instead he brought out Jake Hagers beloved hat.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

MJF wins so the winner of the C2, Swerve Strickland, can beat him at Revolution.

Or Joe wins and Swerve beats him. Whatever. Swerve champ in the first quarter of 2024, I don’t care how he gets there.

i can hold off a little longer if it means swerve being champ, you have my posting sword

2024 needs to be year of swerve, no fuckin exceptions

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Good, it sounded awesome

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Defenestrategy posted:

The Danhausen hat reveal popped me twice because I thought he was gonna bring out teeth, but instead he brought out Jake Hagers beloved hat.

The live thread all joking that Danhausen should bootleg a hat only for him to immediately pull out the hat had me in tears :allears:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shard posted:

that crowd sucked. They whatted way too much and sat on their hands during good wrestling matches.

Well, yeah. He's getting the Sports Entertainment crowd now

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

apophenium posted:

lol

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well, yeah. He's getting the Sports Entertainment crowd now

History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Trust me brother, I've seen the book

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Danhausen was the most over thing on the show :eyepop:

I'm glad he was cleared of criminal charges on bootlegging and rum-running but the pending civil suit still worries me.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Cabbit posted:

I'm glad he was cleared of criminal charges on bootlegging and rum-running but the pending civil suit still worries me.

those people gave away their teeth fair and square and im sure the court will show this

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

....all this time I haven't looked too closely at their avatar, I thought it was a crab with a hat and not a crab holding a beer

no problem.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Guinness did a lot of great ads with critters holding a pint of dark.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2023-promotions-black-friday/products/kaiju-mono-blu-ray

Kota Ibushi beat up a kaiju once????

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the movie was ok for 5 dollars its worth it, suzuki is also in it and iirc a couple other wrestlers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

You cannot convince me that Suzuki wasn't actually in the film but just saw a dude in a costume and thought,"I'm gonna gently caress that dude up."

Same deal with Ibushi except he really thought he had been gigantified somehow and this was a real Kaiju.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_GBsR6TAQw

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good Dynamite with only a couple of dull moments and no outright bad matches.

- Opening match was decent. Not amazing, but serviceable.
- The MJF / Adam Cole segment ran too long and Tony you REALLY don't need to call attention to MJF wrestling two matches in one night, one of them with a broken leg, and beating Switchblade.
- Oh right, the pape is in Long Island. OK so there's absolutely zero chance of MJF dropping it to Joe. So the world title spins its wheels for at least a month because the Devil stuff sure as poo poo ain't getting resolved before then.
- MJF is still crazy over but man those promos did absolutely nothing for me.
- I love Danhausen and I love Danhausen's Silver Shamrock theme. And yoooo, it's my boy! God bless you and your Thanksgiving gift, Orange Cassidy!
- Trios match wasn't amazing, but what do you expect from a match featuring Jake Hager? Still some fun spots, a really fun finish, and Shibata owns. Loved the bootleg hat spot, and props to Hager for the most inventive curse sell in recent history.
- Oh jesus loving christ, this ADAAAAAAAAAAAAM poo poo is STILL going on?
- Oh gently caress off with his what poo poo, you morons.
- I hope they're not seriously renaming Luchasaurus to Killswitch permanently. Luchasaurus owns. And hinting at unmasking him? loving don't, we can have an angry wrestling dino man. It's cool.
- Man, Christian is so loving good. "THAT'S MY SON! THAT'S MY CHILD" oh my loving god.
- And lol the good guy in the feud gives Nick Wayne a loving conchairto in front of his mum, I love pro wrestling
- That was a great segment. More of that and less of MJF!
- God drat that beard works for Hatless Gunn.
- I remember when ROOOSH came to AEW, I was very much not into him but holy gently caress has he managed to turn me around. What an incredible signing he's been.
- Match was good. Loved that it featured about 70% brutal chops, which are my favourites.
- OK this is great. RJ and Rene presenting Toni Storm with the championship, the crowd redeeming themselves by chanting "SPEECH! SPEECH!", incredibly corny but great. And then immediately unredeeming themselves with the what poo poo again. Segment great, crowd poo poo.
- Oh loving hell, the Outcasts poo poo is still going on as well?! Thank god Toni escaped, but poor Ruby is still trapped.
- I want to like Wardlow because on his day he's great in the ring, but good loving lord the man is like a personality void.
- Main event was good, but man I wanted Mark Briscoe to win.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Ganso Bomb posted:

The problem with Swerve winning the C2 is that he'll be a triple crown champion, so they wouldn't put him in the world title program until he drops that, as much as Swerve cleaning up the too many title situation by simply winning them all and unifying them would be awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The thing you gotta remember about Swerve is that he's really loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classicst3ve
Feb 28, 2019
Toni Storm should refer to her kid fans as "Tiny Storms." (Tini Storms?)