Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Swerve/Farmer got the full five for those who like to know that crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

AEWVI8IE6A0J

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Collision predictions?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Big Chest Big Traps Big Neck Big Checks Big Arms Setting Off Car Alarms Everybody Loves The Big Guy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The continental classic is heating up, with exciting match ups already announced for next week. Who will take home the prestigious AEW Triple Crown?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

I’ll also say that even when I may not be as excited about a particular match in the C2 or am disappointed by a finish, as soon as guys start cutting promos about the tournament I’m right back in.

I wonder why the promos aren’t on TV. They’ve all been really good but they’re stuck on socmed. Harkens back to when the best out-of-ring Fed stuff was all Dot Com exclusives.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

They were on Collision! They were wrapped up in video packages but there were promos in there, plus the ones at the top of the show. I’m guessing they’ll recut whatever else shows up on socials into short informative video packages like they did last night.

My mistake. That’s good then. Apologies for my assumption.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

What napping does to an mf

Rest does the body good.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm doing it so right, many have come up and said, Sir, you're doing it the most right.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Normalize 👏 Fatasses 👏 In 👏 Wrestling 👏

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Well, let's see how this goes (Being the Dark Order Ep. 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQPKWZ61Fw

oh no...

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to be honest, as I always am - Colt is a very unfunny person to me. #Brave

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Rankings were great because it was a way to attempt to keep them honest about matchmaking. Yes it's fake and yes "It's Just Wrestling" but I don't see AR Fox getting 7 random title matches if they were still around. And they helped with good out-of-ring storytelling like the Farmer losing to Brian Cage and having to bulldoze some fuckers to get back in the mix.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Weird to insinuate that the only way to feel negative about AEW is because you read attendance numbers.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

No poo poo. My point is that the actual figures don't back up how you or others personally feel.

Sounds like you're too deep in the figures and discourse. Take a step back.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Fightful Select thing came out. Nothing crazy. Tony is more worried about Shibata than Punk which makes sense. AEW morale is low, some think the debut makes them look second rate, bla bla bla. Some in WWE very upset, "tepid" reaction similar to his return for Collision.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard posted:

Any details on exactly what is going on with Shibata? Is it a visa thing? Personal?

No idea

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Pylons posted:

You'll notice that there's actually nothing like that in the article.

Sorry, I mixed up my articles. Too deep in the articles :razzy:

https://www.si.com/wrestling/2023/11/27/wwe-survivor-series-recap-cm-punk-return

quote:

Although nobody will say so publicly, there were people in WWE unhappy with the decision, believing that Punk carried a ton of baggage and wasn’t somebody the company needed, given that it is at its hottest point since the Monday Night Wars in the late ’90s, not to mention he’d been fired from his previous employer for unprofessional conduct and going after his boss. Others argued that, well, it was AEW, he clearly didn’t respect anyone there and felt he was by far the biggest star, and that things will be different in WWE where he’ll know they won’t tolerate any bad behavior. Of course, he’s been in WWE before. and his last run there also ended in disaster. Interestingly, morale might have been even worse in AEW, with a lot of wrestlers upset about the optics of Punk moving from AEW to WWE, feeling it made AEW look even more like a minor league, and others disappointed that after all the damage he did to their company, he was rewarded by walking right onto WWE TV and securing a massive multiyear deal.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Nice try though dumb gently caress

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alaois posted:

was that SI article written by Drew Ortiz

Someone even faker

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

You gotta stop doing this man. Go take a nap

Everyone else gets to I just wanted in on the fun

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Sorry, maybe not every week – but Smackdown seems to do close to 10,000 fairly often. I find it interesting that Smackdown looks to do higher attendance than Raw (going by a quick search of WrestleTix on twitter) considering how clear they tried to make it that Raw was the A-Show for so many years.

I don't watch WWE and don't care about them as a company, but from an outsider's perspective it seems like fans of the show are into what they're doing and that the product is hot from a fan perspective.

They cater to their audience in a way that they never did with Vince. I think it's still completely unwatchable but it can sure fill a building. Smackdown became the A Show when it was on Fox (larger viewerbase)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Yeah they're the best ever

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

845k/0.26

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hopefully my fact checkers can verify

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

(I think that demo is identical to last year, P2 might be higher)

Last year was 880k/.32

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/bryandanielson/status/1729286918536667514

lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

#AEW is so ohsome I'm so #Thankful . I believe it was a boaking accident.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/QTMarshall/status/1729289313819427229

Rats leaving the sinking ship

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

QT is a shawn spears type for the boys good fundamentals nice snap worker. Go spread your wings and fly, QT. @Billy could use a good hand

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe VoW will back it up but I don't think being a wrestling star is a huge motivating factor for QT. Seems at odds with some other things but it's possible.

Joe was hinting pretty strongly about it being Create-A-Pro related but it'll be talked about Thursday #Podcasters

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

smarxist posted:

The <what was it?> faction

People give you a loit of poo poo on these forums and sometimes I think it's a little much, but how dare you forget The Factory

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://www.hausofwrestling.com/2023/11/28/qt-marshall-felt-aew-was-becoming-like-njpw-more-on-his-exit-exclusive

quote:

Curiously, one of the reasons he listed for his AEW resignation was that he felt the company had changed since its inception in 2019 and was now moving in a new direction. Based on those I have spoken with close to Marshall, he was alluding to the fact he believes AEW is heading in a more NJPW-related direction that is more focused on matches than storytelling. When asking around about why Khan is going that way, one source told me flatly, “TK has always liked that style.”

lmfao

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

drat, scooped. I gotta get deeper.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Fightful reporting Danielson was in charge of the disciplinary committee that fired CM Punk

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1729587949291843745

quote:

CM Punk was terminated by AEW following a situation at AEW All Out by a quickly developed discipline committee, and we’ve learned more, largely because of a tweet that may have referenced it.

Recently, Fightful revealed that a long rumored member of the committee, Megha Parekh, had actually stepped back from a lot of her duties as Chief Legal Officer by that time and actually had nothing to do with the committee. We’ve since learned that AEW General Counsel Chris Peck, who assumed many of her responsibilities, was a part of the three-person committee, along with an outside attorney.

However, there was also one long-respected member of the AEW talent roster that was involved, in Bryan Danielson. When asking sources on the AEW roster about his inclusion, one called him an “appropriate moral compass who exemplifies objectivity" and said that he effectively headed up and was the face of the disciplinary committee. Danielson was said to have spoken to the roster when addressing them about Punk’s termination, and noted that the decision was a particularly hard one. He cited the positives that CM Punk brought and his longstanding friendship with Punk, but said that it was the decision that had to be made.

On November 27, Danielson tweeted “My dad always told me, “The right thing is often the hardest thing to do. It won’t always make the most money. It won’t always be the most popular. But it’s still the right thing." We’re told that’s what Danielson said when speaking to talent at the meeting months before.

We weren’t given any indication regarding the decision making process that occurred by the disciplinary committee. Those that we spoke to said they believed CM Punk was aware by now that Danielson was a pair of said committee, as many of his friends were included in the meeting where Danielson addressed them.

This is a continued duty for Danielson, as he's also responsible for handing out fines when necessary.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Bryan 100% gave some dipshitted Ayn Rand speech and the rest of the brainiacs in the locker room misunderstood what Objectivism meant

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

So now it's okay to send people home.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1729602209590161686

let him loose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The full quote is "You don't want to know what I think. I didn't see it."