Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I thought Briscoe would be the night 1 upset that we get in G1 but nope. Maybe Garcia gets that upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Skye Blue has moments where it seems like she has it figured out and is ready ro be a real good wrestler and that has nights like tonight where she clearly isn't ready for Dynamite/Collision

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

I didn’t say it was good, I just said it was obvious that they weren’t about to screw everybody out of the advertised main event so that particular complaint is just a weird one to me.

if it was just MJF getting taken away by ambulance and the build was would he be able to show up and not the added on layer of Adam Cole getting the match I'd have probably been okay with it and knew they were setting up for a super Cena match (which the match was one of the better versions off). But they added in the Cole stuff and even though down the road it'll probably make sense (Cole did it cause he wants to steal the title and storyline they'll play off his injury as fake) at the time it just was stupid and given that promoters have been dumb before (even smart ones) I had just enough doubt that maybe they'd do Cole/Switchblade for the storyline and it just soured me on the match. It wasn't bad and without the prematch stuff I'd probably HM it but it's there and it made me not like it despite it getting over with the crowd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I thought Adam Cole was actually going to wrestle Jay White. And when he won he, he’d refuse to give MJF the belt.

I was thinking this or we'd get Bullet Club shenanigans with Cole joining Bullet Club or Cole taking over Bullet Club

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jay White has done some great vulnerable promos and can 100% do a great babyface run but you need the right moment for it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

In terms of the opinion here the product in places is cool and for some the MJF run just isn't doing it so you've got people getting turned off the product and the more sports entertainment angles.

In terms of actual business? In terms of attendance they've had some weak gates for TV but have had some decent attendance and seem to be ramping up local promotion to do good walk ups. PPV is still doing okay though some of the numbers are getting a bit soft which maybe due to the increase in PPV's. And in ratings Dynamite is still doing okay especially with the decline in ratings but Collision...well it's hard to tell given the night what WBD actually wants

The Company isn't hot but it's not really cold business wise and in the end the future of the company is gonna it's next TV deal and who knows how that shakes out given TV and the state of WBD

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AEW probably has can get away with one quick gold watch world title reign and Joe wouldn't be a bad choice but if they do the switch it should be straight to Swerve. The match between him and Joe would be so easy to build, Joe an unstoppable monster vs the killer Swerve

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

QT was very good in ring as that lower card heel that can make a babyface look good on the way up but his creative stuff was never super strong and his school really didn't output a lot of AEW ready talent

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AEW isn't hot but it's attendance has picked up recently and WWE advances for future dates are down which is part of the reason they brought Punk in

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The_Rob posted:

It’s so funny that all it takes is for Twitter algorithm accounts to declare that AEW is cold and dying and everyone just believes it.

Like the product is cold in places and has some issues so I get where it's coming from as I'm not as high on AEW as I have been in the past but also it's just had it's best business year ever and while I really don't like the MJF stuff it's nowhere near WCW/TNA company killing bad.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I didn't mind the ambulance and the injury spot for MJF/Jay and if it was just that and tease of forfeit and MJF wrestling from behind I'd have been fine with the match. It's the having Cole take his place that felt just a bit too far and too silly for me

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I guess the big question is how expensive could it be to start a persistent blu ray business? AEW isn't brand new anymore, they have enough history in PPVs alone to put out a new blu ray every couple of months if they really want to.

"Physical media isn't the future" doesn't quite apply to wrestling fans, in my estimation. But I'm no businessman nor a billionaire, so what the gently caress do I know?

I mean they doin't even need to do that just ask WBD to print some Bluray's and DVD's for them!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Et tu Bryan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This is my favorite now. Bravo