Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'll withhold judgment on the main event until we see the finals of the tournament. Cause honestly even with the two losses in the last two months or whatever I'm tiring a little bit of Mox and the BCC in general

Edit: over the years I've also noticed I'm just particular about how long I enjoy certain stables just remaining dominant. I'm fickle, I'm the guy heels blame in the crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Waffleopolis posted:

I figured this will be it. I am more interested in who his goons are.

If you see one visibly sweating through their goon outfit and panting heavily like they're still not anywhere close to being in the shape they'd like, there's a good chance that one is me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

beer crab. cr ab wrestler

....all this time I haven't looked too closely at their avatar, I thought it was a crab with a hat and not a crab holding a beer

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2023-promotions-black-friday/products/kaiju-mono-blu-ray

Kota Ibushi beat up a kaiju once????

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Bucks can respect my nutssssssssssssssssssss

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Just need your avatar on HHH's head, EMF

still 5 stars tho

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ringo Roadagain posted:

everyone apologize to Hanger. everything he said in that promo was right.

:yeah:

lmao

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Moving forward I just hope this weekend strikes at least one or three nails into the coffin of a belt or three. Also, the MJF/Adam Cole should now be the standard bearer for "injuries happen and that sucks, but change your fuckin plans when they happen." I don't know if the original plan was to drag this out this long (lol), but it's not great even if MJF can win over any crowd on earth.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW really does need some big fridge looking motherfuckers. Guys that look like Bronson Reed or Otis.

bear country wasted

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DeepDickPizza posted:

Despite my lukewarm feelings on the product recently, I don’t think a ton needs to be done to freshen things up. All of the MJF-adjacent angles just take up too much of the show and have been dragging on forever. Him dropping the Title and moving things along would seriously do so much for the product overall.

I also think the BCC, especially Mox, needs a new direction. Despite good matches, they’re all over the card and their earlier chaotic energy isn’t there. A heelish Trios Title run would be good, I think. Focus that overall energy into one thing for a bit. They just feel like a dominant faction that isn’t really doing much with it.

And they should really put the Intercontinental Title on someone hot who hasn’t been belted. This is what OC should have done in the first place instead of that Mox redemption arc. They spent all this time building the belt and Orange in tandem and then wasted the rub. Now both him and the belt feel like they’re in limbo. Put it on Brody, put it on Malakai, put it on RUSH, put it on Garcia, put it on loving anyone else. There’s a million belts flying around. Let some other people get the juice from them.

:agreed:

The Punk stuff looks bad for AEW, but regardless of my feelings on the guy I think both companies are probably okay with things currently. AEW's door for Punk is firmly closed and nailed shut, WWE gets to kick the tires on a nostalgia act and totes rub it in TK's face.

Now if AEW can't actually rebound and get the current stagnation out of their system, well then there's cause for concern.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I watched all of Raw, and I must say some people are a little too harsh on AEW and should not be throwing the WWE comparisons around so freely.

JUNGLE BOY I always loved you

Ganso Bomb posted:

Apparently Punk’s promo on Raw was very bad, so maybe everyone in AEW who thought him showing up in WWE made them look bad will feel better now.

Since I'm partially this, I'll re-iterate that I was pretty pleased with Punk going to WWE just so that his specter won't loom over AEW moving forward. It was bad optics short term, but grand scheme of things I think it's great and I'm happy to see him salt his AEW grave.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rotinaj posted:

Hanger has undoubtedly had to sign an NDA and nondisparagement clause after all the poo poo with punk and can’t call punk out on being a hypocrite who sucked up his pride and went back to wwe to make money since he cannot hang in aew, and did a lovely wet fart promo as his return

Hangman had to sign an NDA because if he hadn't then nothing would stop him from telling the world how Punk went backstage and cried a lot after Hanger clumsily mumbled an unplanned dig at him on live television. Cried so hard he had a waterfall of snot.

My uncle who works at Nintendo saw all of this.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

xbilkis posted:

Bryan firing Punk might be the most beast moment in the company’s history. AEW is back baby

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess the big question is how expensive could it be to start a persistent blu ray business? AEW isn't brand new anymore, they have enough history in PPVs alone to put out a new blu ray every couple of months if they really want to.

"Physical media isn't the future" doesn't quite apply to wrestling fans, in my estimation. But I'm no businessman nor a billionaire, so what the gently caress do I know?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Quantum of Phallus posted:

They can’t even stock T-shirts lol

This is a good point, I admit

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony could surely afford a bluray burner and a spindle of BD-Rs to accommodate the 3 people on the planet who still buy physical media

Given that AEW still doesn't have a widespread streaming on demand option (yet) or some jank rear end AEW network, I think there would be interest.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Like a kid on Christmas morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fez_machine posted:

Obviously, Emi holding the belt or winning matches on tv would be a bonus but right now she's in exactly the place she should be in AEW

Yeah I'm just happy the woman who can wrestle is at least on TV