Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah that was definitely jack perry’s voice modulated for the devil

What if the devil and his crew are britt, sammy guevara, jungle boy and darby and the everest climb is a work, brother

The real four pillars unite to beat mjf once and for all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

daddy magic really giving "only person contributing to a group project" energy in that promo and I rly like it. gently caress it daddy magic push, we've got enough belts he can be ahhh roh tv champ hows that bud

first good idea I’ve seen today, now we’re talkin’

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jimmy jacobs had one hit and a lot of it was the visual of the briscoe brothers bleeding all over him during the age of the fall debut, idk why anyone gives a poo poo about him as a booker or agent or whatever his title is

One of the title divisions should be the unofficial beef title, and they should lean into that, the fact that tony dropped the meatball after the meat match with miro and hobbs blows my mind

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW really does need some big fridge looking motherfuckers. Guys that look like Bronson Reed or Otis.

I am partway there with you but I also want a yokozuna or earthquake

Wrestling needs big fat guys

I will also support a dude like bam bam bigelow or vader

Keith lee used to be that before covid ravaged his endurance

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mooseontheloose posted:

I might be the only who wants to rankings to come back. It allowed for more out of the box match ups, built up people to be threats, and makes sure people are focusing on grabbing the title. I think the main problem of the MJF run is that for a guy whose suppose to be getting it from every angle, they stove piped one challenger at a time.

I am down for the rankings to come back so long as we don’t wind up seeing the bullshit where someone who never has wrestled on dynamite has racked up like 40 wins on dark and now totally is on a hot streak to take on the champ or champs

Without dark it will be harder but still, that was a decent idea precisely once, and just led to poo poo like scorpio sky being a title contender despite not being on tv in a solid year

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

You say this like that was the reason TK kept trying to push Scorpio Sky

Not the reason, but certainly the easy and lazy booking trick he used to try to make us care about him

Ed:

Ganso Bomb posted:

Well now that there's no Dark they should be perfect!

This is rampage baby

Adrenaline pumpin in my chest

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

haunted bong posted:

* “No more BS” Paul Wight

Scars left on these hands

Whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Waffleopolis posted:

6. Show Hole.

I gotchu

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nea posted:

if keith lee didn't get covid he would be AEW champion right now.

Don’t remind me, one of the best moments of my AEW fandom was seeing Keith Lee come over

I had such high hopes, keith lee was my favorite dude not in aew at the time. I love big stout dudes of gravity who can go, s’moe joe was my favorite wrestler during his roh title run

And then

:negative:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pylons posted:

They don't get 10,000 for TV every week and the TKO merger tanked the stock price and it has yet to recover.

Didn’t vince making preparations to cash out a lot of his tko stock also tank the stock price?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s the bad news

Punk is gonna demand to fight in ufc again

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eat This Glob posted:

i was at a grocery store in stamford one day recently and i saw the top story in the town's newspaper was vince selling some stock and realized not a lot happens in stamford. that's my "vince selling stock" story

Not a lot happens in the entire state which contains stamford

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The mayor of stamford is married to a chud republican fuckboy who inherited all his money and worked for marco rubio

Said mayor graduated from harvard

Burn stamford to the ground

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I realize that this is on me for being duped by clickbait but I am getting super duper tired of wrestling news sites using deceptive headlines for their articles

“Tony khan speaks on cm punk at survivor series” results in “i cannot legally speak about that at this point, but let’s talk about all in 2024”

Well that was a nothing news article

“Wwe legend hall of famer speaks on aew wrestler, criticizes him, aew wrestler responds” results in some dumb bullshit booker t said on his loving podcast and kota ibushi blew it off and just made a joke about strong style

I am only slightly grinding my teeth

“Undertaker weighs in on bray wyatt, speaks on not passing the torch to him at mania” results in some bullshit from taker’s loving podcast where he just goes on to blow wyatt and say how that dude didn’t need the torch passed, he made his own

Ugh, loving christ

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Make the aew title a fractal championship, every defense the two people become champ and interim champ, then they go and face another person each and make there be 4 champs, 8, 16…

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

Swerve or whoever should absolutely destroy MJF for the title like Brock beating Cena.

Mjf barely squeaking through joe and picking up a hurt neck in the process, only for swerve to brutally pick the bones in a onesided stomp would be rad

And then mjf can have a big hot match down the road and we can see if he is a better babyface in the chase

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I want to see jay lethal be reduced to a chunky paste by jon moxley

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

The problem with AEW is that it's too WWE-like and focused on promos and pretapes, and also too njpw-like and focused on matches and in-ring.

“So, you want a realistic, down-to-earth AEW that’s completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?”

“And, also, you should win things by watching”

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Stroker Ace posted:

I don’t get it. Is it just shitposting?

Hanger has undoubtedly had to sign an NDA and nondisparagement clause after all the poo poo with punk and can’t call punk out on being a hypocrite who sucked up his pride and went back to wwe to make money since he cannot hang in aew, and did a lovely wet fart promo as his return

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

Shockwave the Robot vs Takeshita in a special commercial-free segment sponsored by DraftKings where YOU can win $500 in DraftKings Cash (TM) by tweeting a secret message that appears.

I was joking but now I am totally in

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Majinfoose posted:

In WWE, Punk won't be someone's hero or special boy. He has no power over there. I'ma laugh if they try to do a WWECW throwback entrance for Punk.

Wanna see him come out with the old hair and the little yellow stripe trunks

https://youtu.be/_NdtYpvECm8?si=JTY5pWo-lczjFeo5

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
qt marshall is the most boring dude to ever use the diamond cutter and there is zero reason ddp should have given him the blessing

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lamuella posted:

This is "Lance Archer throwing a dude through the ceiling" erasure

I was just rewatching lance archer vs marko stunt because I have a half-memory of him chucking marko into the crowd

Lance archer is rad and i do not get why he is booked so sporadically in aew

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe with the tag title shot hanging in the balance, Kenny & Jericho can finally move away from the Callis stuff completely.

I would personally be quite annoyed if they couldn’t figure out a way to loving end the storyline and have a final match

Mostly otherwise agreedo, though

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Rob posted:

Yeah my issue was that it was just a super long trip for us to end up at exactly the same spot. They could have done the whole getting attacked by the Gunn club stuff but they didn’t need the ambulance stuff and not knowing if he was cleared and all that.

I personally would have preferred if they did the attack and just didn’t pillmanize his leg and send him off in an ambulance

Just do some chairshots to the leg and he will hobble around like it is broken, the chair being used in a way that all other times results in someone going on vacation for a month or two just makes the whole thing look so much shittier

But i am just salty and happen to not be the booker so it doesn’t matter, does it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Answers Me posted:

Now that it’s all over I think we can all agree that Tony being a gigantic mark and putting the world title on Punk at the earliest opportunity was a catastrophically bad booking decision that he’s only just managed to dig himself out of.

Cm punk upon his return was the hottest thing in pro wrestling and drew numbers that were undeniable

That being said, after he broke his everything, he should not have come anywhere near the title whether or not he had his prop bag and replica title

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Danielson is the wrestler punk wishes he was, in every way

Lol, lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gumball Gumption posted:

I can't hate Hobbs in QTV that much because it was better than anything Hobbs was trying.

His current thing with Don is his best AEW work and arguably the first good gimmick

His initial heel turn and sneerface and being a monster in team taz was pretty cool imo

Didnt lead anywhere but lots of stuff didnt lead anywhere

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

RandolphCarter posted:

Jay Lethal will shock the world tonight

By jon moxley tearing out his entrails and eating them?

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/_TheSZN/status/1729900140519973030?s=20

I really hope this dork doesn’t get what he wants

Baron corbin fans should never be happy