Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Ey Stab, are Angelo and Ruby dating IRL, give us the scoops!

People have seen them together at like, clubs around areas AEW is running but Stab would have the real scoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/CiaranRH93/status/1727628064199483704

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1727794147145216204?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1727861583957680163

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Taxman posted:

I don't think Rousey is a one-and-done based on that match, which was a good one.

Her and Marina won and Rousey taunted Athena with the belt

They posted a social media exclusive thing that basically had her with Marina going "nah it was fun but I just stopped by because I live here"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jay White in the finals of a G1 pillmanized Ibushi's ankle the previous day and Gedo ran in during the match to help him as well. He still lost.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1728143542550253844

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The reporting is that AEW and WBD are largely on the same page when it comes to the value of AEW's TV shows, the sticking point in the negotiations is that Tony values the AEW library higher than WBD does. I suspect Tony will fold on that point which will leave AEW without hitting the $1B total deal which includes everything they offer, but they won't miss that target by much.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I know Ryback is big but saying he has Five Backs seems a little harsh.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Lee Moriarty vs. Keith Lee has been booked for Collision as has Statlander vs. Diamante for Rampage

Statlander vs. Mercedes Martinez would be a slugfest.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That was probably the best double-shot AEW has ever done. Rampage and Collision were both great.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Punk is back in the fed. Just showed up at Survivor Series

That's cool. Don't care though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He got the Wardlow haircut

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He's their problem now.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DeepDickPizza posted:

One of the biggest stars in wrestling went back to the bad company that’s already been on an upswing, but at least we get 4 more months of MJF working the worst angles that wrestling has ever seen.

Shut the gently caress up, goddamn.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

One of the best episodes yet. He promised to use the Rob Zombie song for an entrance one day.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1728775621936103900?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1728866213902876691?s=20

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

Don't care, it's bad. He's booking 6 matches a show, if once in a while one or two change then that's just card subject to change. If his wrestlers are popping positive for covid so much that it's preventing him from advertising shows then maybe fix that.

Smh, Tony can't even cure covid, Worst Booker of the Year.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rankings were bad.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Three Contract Colt

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

BTDO should try to get sponsored by 8bitdo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rankings sucked because people discoursed them to death even more than fans of actual sports that use rankings do.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

if they actually knew how to use the rankings consistently for booking reasons instead of using them conveniently and counting Dark wins and losses whenever they felt like it people would have had too many issues with it

This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

blunt posted:

They're a privately owned company owned by a billionaire, nobody thinks they're literally going out of business.

People are using "Death spiral" in reference to their popularity and engagement, ie "the product/company is cold as gently caress"

It's only cold as gently caress if you're too deep in the discourse. Attendance is actually up this quarter.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

Eh, regardless of ratings or tickets or whatever, the show is just way less interesting right now. A year ago I was excited to watch AEW, now I find myself fast forwarding most of it except the one or two matches/segments that I'm interested in. There's just too many bad segments/squash matches/stuff that you know is inconsequential and doesn't matter.

Okay, but we're talking about engagement/popularity, not how you, the individual poster, feels about the show.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

I'm not the only person down on the show right now, homie

No poo poo. My point is that the actual figures don't back up how you or others personally feel.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

yea ok posted:

Fightful Select thing came out. Nothing crazy. Tony is more worried about Shibata than Punk which makes sense. AEW morale is low, some think the debut makes them look second rate, bla bla bla. Some in WWE very upset, "tepid" reaction similar to his return for Collision.

quote:

We’ve continued to gather more information on CM Punk’s return to WWE.

We're told that many WWE talent expect to speak with higher ups and gain some assurances about Punk and how he will be in the company moving forward.

As far as AEW, Tony Khan seemed more concerned Saturday night about losing Kastuyori Shibata than CM Punk heading to WWE. The majority of reactions we’ve gained within AEW is people asking about how the reaction within WWE has been. The answer to that is much more tepid than originally expected, just as was the case when Punk came back to AEW for Collision. In both WWE and AEW, there had been people that had said they didn’t want to work with him and would consider leaving, but we heard of no release requests from people in AEW and now WWE connected to it.

There were top WWE talent asking some in AEW if Punk was involved in the AEW devil storyline as recently as the last month or so. Punk was never discussed for that. While the Punk appearance was a closely kept secret in WWE, Punk had told or at least hinted to a couple of close friends that it was happening.

WWE ended up using renders from Punk’s last run in the company, and the same Titantron video from that era. We asked a source at Peacock about the playlist of Punk content that was added, and were told that takes relatively no time to put together. There were some guidelines given on how to address Punk chants for Smackdown and Survivor Series, which was to ignore them as best possible.

We can confirm that there was a real offer put together for CM Punk by IMPACT/TNA, as Ibou of WrestlePurists mentioned recently. Fightful spoke to several associated with the company this weekend that said he was well liked during his visits there, and we’re told the door remains open. There had been some friends of Punk’s that thought that was a real possibility before talks with Triple H started. Those close to him fully believed he would wrestle again, and when it looked like the door wasn’t open for a return, it seemed like an option if Punk wanted it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Curious to know why some in AEW think Punk's return to WWE makes AEW look second rate

You'll notice that there's actually nothing like that in the article.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

They get 10,000 for TV every week and everyone is making a lot of money. Seems accurate, even if the actual content sucks by most of our standards.

They don't get 10,000 for TV every week and the TKO merger tanked the stock price and it has yet to recover.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

rotinaj posted:

Didn’t vince making preparations to cash out a lot of his tko stock also tank the stock price?

No, not really. It hurt but the TKO merger tanked the price by about $30 and the market cap is way below what they promised investors. There's also more bad news for WWE and UFC on the way.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

What’s the bad news

UFC lawsuit is going to cost them an absolute shitload in fighter backpay and WWE didn't get as much for Smackdown's media rights as they anticipated they would (and they won't for Raw either.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Here's why WWE having sellout crowds is actually bad for them and Joe Biden

Nobody said that.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Seems fine

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He really is just like Cody

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Answers Me posted:

How come Shibata ended up in the Khanverse anyways? I'd have thought he'd have been a lock to go back to New Japan if he got healthy, considering his last match was for the world title. Are they just more squeamish about medically clearing him? (I mean, I don't blame them, what with his brain being taken out and all...)

The rumor is that the spot where he told Ren Narita they were going to work a regular match instead of a UWF style match was a shoot and not cleared by NJPW.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Was this also from the elbow drop spot?

I'm still baffled why they didn't just grab another table or something for it.

No, this was from the top-rope Uranage.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Joe should win but I think there needs to be another champion between him and Swerve. Darby or Eddie maybe.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW filed a trademark for "East West Express" so expect Jordan Oliver to show up soon to back up Nick Wayne in the Patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

What will we do without QTV?