Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Know it's only one night in but kinda disappointed in the C2 so far. Obvious winners and none of the matches blew me away like we get for a G1 or King of Gate opening night.

Also it would be nice to know what the matches are for Minneapolis next week so I can see if I want to go or not. Last time through here they promoted the poo poo out of the show.

Sort of agree, but without doing a full night of block matches it's harder to have all bangers with some super bangers. I would have liked a Briscoe upset.

Sounds like it's a good thing I skipped the MJF promo, as usual.

I wish there were a couple more lower carders in the C2 but it's tough when there are only 12 spots.

Christian has been such a blessing to AEW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

I swear they've both been advocating for this match for a couple years. I'd love to see it though I fully expect it to be career ending for at least one of them.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Enjoy All In, some British goon or someone who is more willing to fly to England in August than I am! I'll probably have to visit the in-laws over there before too long but summer in the UK just doesn't do it for me.

ID3ARJ4D

The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am – 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.
Follow this link to order: https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/23005F6DD4C01105?did=aewvip

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Give them the belts and then make all trios matches Lucha tag rules

It should have been this way from the beginning.

How about a trio of Keith Lee, Lee Johnson, and Lee Moriarty called "Tenacious Lee" with Tenacious D's "Lee" as their theme song?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

So do y'all think we're gonna get Danielson vs McGuiness for All in? (If Danielson can not be invited)

Danielson vs. McGuinness or Ospreay or ZSJ would be my guesses.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Le Saboteur posted:

AEW really does need some big fridge looking motherfuckers. Guys that look like Bronson Reed or Otis.

Push JD Drake.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Jiro posted:

I fail to see how a dude who wanted to and tried to take a swing at the company's owner no longer being in AEW is bad for AEW. Punk went back to the place he can be his most toxic, and it's normal because that's obviously what he wants not really what he needs to be a better person.

I get it from a "Tony should have managed the situation and personalities better" perspective but "we hired the guy who was so much of an rear end in a top hat that he needed to be on a shorter leash" doesn't seem like a huge win.

A lot of it is probably just WWE and their stans controlling the narrative though.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

The Gold block and Blue blocks would also make baller trios tag matches.

Assuming the block finals are at the PPV they could also run a 4 on 4 match with the remaining participants.

Mons Hubris posted:

I haven’t followed this thread for a week because I forgot to bookmark it but what am I missing here

People are complaining that AEW is doing too much WWE stuff lately.

shiksa posted:

tony do one for the women in the spring itll get everyone off your back for like half a year on that, also it'd fuckin rip

At one match per show it will also last half a year!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

kinetic77 posted:

I get the metaphor but how does this actually play out on the shows?

Too many pretapes, too many lengthy promos, running things into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

He keeps getting hurt :(

This is true, but he's been booked way more in NJPW this year than AEW and he hasn't even been in NJPW often.