Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Show was mainly the heels all trying to outfuck each other, which is interesting and never really happens

and that's not even counting Ruby Soho and Angelo Parker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Counterpoint: it absolutely did feel like a cop out

I'm tired of wrestlers just kicking people in the balls when the ref is distracted. It's become cliche and it's a lazy way for a heel to win while "protecting" the opponent. I thought the whole point of this loving tournament was to have straight competition with winners and losers (and draws), for it to be different to what we normally see. So far, it's same old. No reason why Switchblade couldn't have won clean. Hoping we don't see more of this.

so you haven't watched much Jay White before huh

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

Only his AEW stuff and his awesome recent match with Kenny in Japan that didn't end in a nut shot.

Just tired of nut shots in AEW. it's lazy. Find a new way to cheat. Don't book a tournament when you're loving scared to have people lose clean!

Curious: does the G1 have a lot of people cheating with nut shots, or are we just lucky?

I think Jay White has won literally every single G1 match he's ever won with a nutshot

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

Jay White in the finals of a G1 pillmanized Ibushi's ankle the previous day and Gedo ran in during the match to help him as well. He still lost.

are you tellin me Jay White lost to

a one legged man?????

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

did i miss a dynamite with Jeff Farmer on it???

One of Sting's AEW matches was actually Jeff Farmer and I'm not at liberty to reveal which one

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Wishful thinking on my part. The Secret.

get outta here Ryback you big bitch go eat a big hamburger on tiktok

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Punk is back in the fed. Just showed up at Survivor Series

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Think they made Punk get that hairstyle to make him look younger lol

they ran out of bootblack on Lexis King's beard and hairline, otherwise Punk woulda come out lookin like Ryan Day

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i've decided to stop touching the burners on the stove when they're turned on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Majinfoose posted:

I just want King of Fighters

i've actually wondered this before, has anyone ever done an actual KOF style match type where it's 3 on 3 but its an elimination match without tags

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"Soda" Stan Lane and "Bagel" Bobby Eaton

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

My 5 point plan to fix AEW:

-Book Ryback

-Book The Big Guy

-Book The Ryback

-Book "Silverback" Ryan Reeves

-Book Skip Sheffield

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

blunt posted:

Sorry yeah I meant "invisible" cameras instead of "hidden" ones - basically I meant the hyper overproduced shenanigan videos like the MJF/Cole/Strong and LFI-In-Mexico videos that they've been doing recently.

Technically they're not even invisible, like at the start of the trampoline park one Cole acknowledged the camera, but then there's slow motion closeups of kids getting smashed with dodgeballs so 🤷‍♂️.

I probably should have put "go back to sports-based presentation" instead, but those terms feel equally as loaded.

remember Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss beating up goons at a gas station

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

magiccarpet posted:

That one, like a bunch of Darby and some Lance Archer packages, were really well done because they leaned into a style that made sense for the character and built them up.

The slow motion balls to the face cut to slow motion extreme close up laughing over and over is just not interesting. I remember watching and getting aggravated at what could be a fun idea being presented so poorly. A few wide shots would have gone a long way. You never actually saw the wrestlers interacting with the kids. Recreate a Dodgeball scene. Something. At least the boat one had the moment where MJF might have hit Cole.

well yeah thats just Jimmy Jacobs and Twitch Boy Chuggs thinking that poo poo is funny

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

also Twitch Boy Chuggs sounds like an NWA Wildside wrestler

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

was that SI article written by Drew Ortiz

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Someone even faker

*clicks through*

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Stamford is in the little panhandle part of Connecticut that feels like part of Westchester County that got annexed for tax purposes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

If tony can get Stacey Kiebler on the payroll then I will go back to being an AEW homer overnight

Da Dutchess of Dudleyville...

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gumball absolutely cranking up the gimmick posts in the past month or so

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

my main memory of Danny Limelight leaving AEW was that when he did, rovert made some weird comments insinuating he was like, a chomo or something

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

For you my friend, anything

:five:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dragonshirt posted:

Where the gently caress is JR's preview?

the guy who made them hasn't posted here in months

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lmao the way his eyes light up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I assume audio is important here but it doesn't embed with sound what are they talking about

right click > show controls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

I love it but lol poor Emi, best worker jobbing to someone with like 2 year's experience (I like Julia don't get me wrong). Hopefully she'll win a match on TV one day

its karmic retribution for the dozens of trainees she's squashed over the decades