Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Christian segment was worth the price of admission alone. Also, I’m pretty sure the cameras tried to cut away after Swerve’s win because the entire hard cam side was doing the Nana dance.The people love Swerve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The MJF poo poo is still so bad. I really thought we’d get the week off from his dumb bullshit with the holiday. The crowd still seemed to like it, though. Bleh.

Bless Joe for coming out and bring cool, though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
With the way Cole was talking, I really thought they were going to relinquish the tag titles for a second there, which would have made the whole dumb thing even dumber. With Cole talking MJF into honoring his word, I think it's a guarantee he helps MJF retain at Worlds End to tease the Devil poo poo out more, whether it's eventually him or some dumb swerve.

Oh, and the crowd also loved Rush. Hopefully this tournament helps him get a sustained push. Those two chopping the poo poo out of each other was cool. Gave me flashbacks to last year's beautiful Jericho/Suzuki chop-off.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, there were a couple of What chants. It was very obnoxious. I was on the upper level and it seemed like a more casual crowd than usual. I don’t think they were that bad overall, but it seemed less full than the last two Thanksgiving shows. And having two heel vs. heel matches and a main event match featuring a guy who is only sporadically on TV created a lot of weird vibes. It certainly wasn’t the best Chicago crowd, but it was fine.

I think the Jake Hager hat taunting was one of the loudest bits of the night. The fact that Danhausen actually had the hat was insane.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I liked the Switchblade/RUSH finish because it wasn't protracted. It was quick, punchy, didn't feel too bullshit, and was done in a flash. Made Jay immediately seem like a real slimy bastard and RUSH is gonna hopefully go on a warpath in the next few rounds. Dug their match a lot.

Yeah. I liked it. Jay can get away with that blatant level of cheating and not have it feel like a cop out. Like Christian, he’s just that much of a weasel. And it protected Rush, who I think is going to get over so much from this tourney. I honestly think he’s the guy who’s going to see the most proportional benefit from being in it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Hobo Adam Cole taking over BCG so that Jay White can shave and become the smooth babyface he was born to be.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Does someone have a link to that C2 prediction thing? I can’t find it. :(

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Thanks, friend. I’m on the move and have a lot of family poo poo going on this week, but figured since I went through the trouble of filling out the form on Wednesday, I should finish throwing poo poo at the wall.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
:rip: to AEW

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
One of the biggest stars in wrestling went back to the bad company that’s already been on an upswing, but at least we get 4 more months of MJF working the worst angles that wrestling has ever seen.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Shard posted:

lol the worst angles? The katie vick angle was way worse than this. And what about the new blood vs millionaires club? Or Eugene?

:thunk:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Kenny hitting PAC with every one of his belts was the type of inspired cheating I can get behind.

God drat, that poo poo was so rad.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Despite my lukewarm feelings on the product recently, I don’t think a ton needs to be done to freshen things up. All of the MJF-adjacent angles just take up too much of the show and have been dragging on forever. Him dropping the Title and moving things along would seriously do so much for the product overall.

I also think the BCC, especially Mox, needs a new direction. Despite good matches, they’re all over the card and their earlier chaotic energy isn’t there. A heelish Trios Title run would be good, I think. Focus that overall energy into one thing for a bit. They just feel like a dominant faction that isn’t really doing much with it.

And they should really put the Intercontinental Title on someone hot who hasn’t been belted. This is what OC should have done in the first place instead of that Mox redemption arc. They spent all this time building the belt and Orange in tandem and then wasted the rub. Now both him and the belt feel like they’re in limbo. Put it on Brody, put it on Malakai, put it on RUSH, put it on Garcia, put it on loving anyone else. There’s a million belts flying around. Let some other people get the juice from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
lol I called it the Intercontinental Title. Always do that. Should’ve called it something else imho