Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Man, that episode flew by for me. Any part I was colder on (the non-Joe parts of the MJF were corny) didn't last too long and the things I loved were in full force. The C2 is off to a great start. But I'm going to probe Mox every day until Mark Briscoe gets more points than him :mad:

That Christian/Adam Copeland segment, though, what a treat. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Loving the C2 already, and also wrestling is a land of contrasts so I'm both hype for the great wrestling but also for Christian's batshit Patriarchy stuff, as well as Daddy Magic and Saraya being committed to the notion of preventing their best friends from loving.

Saraya and Daddy Magic shouting at each other at ringside was so drat funny.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Okkult posted:

Mark can still win.

Whether he wants to or not!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

:pray:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

The Danhausen hat reveal popped me twice because I thought he was gonna bring out teeth, but instead he brought out Jake Hagers beloved hat.

The live thread all joking that Danhausen should bootleg a hat only for him to immediately pull out the hat had me in tears :allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

trophys are cool

:hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I liked the Switchblade/RUSH finish because it wasn't protracted. It was quick, punchy, didn't feel too bullshit, and was done in a flash. Made Jay immediately seem like a real slimy bastard and RUSH is gonna hopefully go on a warpath in the next few rounds. Dug their match a lot.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Y'all are reading the original post very weirdly.

I agree, the predictability of it was what made it especially egregious and boring, even if the bell-to-bell action was solid. It was just too convoluted for no real gain!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

do NOT peel jay white!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

God the match where Shibata just pasted Yuta for ten minutes straight was so drat good

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

aew please book the big guy

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

We've been over this. It's five Rybacks

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

lmfao

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

The Righteous are good.

:hai:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Because many are calling them the shitechus

midcent and botch

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

neoaxd posted:

lexis king, however...

This!!!!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

neoaxd posted:

The JR video announcing Dynamite's cancellation was supposed to be a joke...............

Pulling the PLLUUUHHGG

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

This Hey! (EW) is loving hilarious, Copeland is matching RJ's energy perfectly.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

This Hey! (EW) is loving hilarious, Copeland is matching RJ's energy perfectly.

It's also interesting because I think it's showing his strengths (extremely funny, quick-witted, unmatched energy, convincing and assured speech) as well as the things he'll need to work on (overexcited in a way that leads to him talking over others when trying to get your shots in, mouth runs faster than his brain). All in all it's a very very funny episode. I'm glad he's in AEW.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Davros1 posted:

It's one of the best ones ever.

Also, they better start calling his reverse Scorpion the "Coping Mechanism"

I popped off so hard for that as well as RJ Hamlet and the hug.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Eddie needs adversity to unlock his truest final form and it immediately puts Brody on the map in a shocking way, which is extremely cool as hell

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I just find sincere cynicism to be boring at this stage in my life. I can complain when this company does things I don't like but in the end is it really worth more than a shrug when I have hundreds of hours of classic wrestling playing on my TV, a local Indy to go to, and a Wrestle Universe sub to get my fix? Dynamite's a fun way to spend two hours every week, and Collision is there if I'm in the mood on the weekends too for some live content. I know that, in general, I'm a much more optimistic person online when it comes to wrestling and always have been - getting insanely into it in late 2007 and watching on a tape delay in high school, with the first Raw I could watch as it aired being the "Stan Kroenke" episode will do wonders for perspective - but as funny as ironic dooming can be (I LOVE those sarcastic JR audios and making bad wrestler pun names lmfao) I think there's a point where one can take a hobby so seriously that it clouds all judgment and just makes one miserable and at the point it's like, why even bother? There's so much wrestling out there. But y'know, that's been a cycle as long as wrestling has been a thing. You can find some incredible Usenet posts from back in the day complaining about how bad the first episode of WWF RAW is and how the fed killed the territories; it's great stuff. No real point getting worked up about how other people watch a TV show because it's not in any way a personal slight; I just know posting like that is not for me, so I simply don't and I move on with my life. :shrug:

Rhonne posted:

It's time to bring back the Edgeheads

There is nothing stopping him from bringing in Matt Cardona, Brian Myers, and THE BIG GUY and frankly it's cowardly that he has yet to do so

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i want top flight and action to win the trios titles and start defending them regularly

:hmmyes:

So glad that Dante was able to heal up. The injury was horrible to watch live and I really like both Top Flight boys a lot. Darius and Action have been a fun duo so sticking with that trio should be a no-brainer.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Completely sold on the new Killswitch name after hearing Dasha go "And representing The Patriarchy...Killswitch!" :allears: Wrestling's great.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I like when Schiavone lobs him softballs and kk just sits there in complete silence in response lmao

It's genuinely such a bizarre thing, there's not even any stammering. It's like he's just being a brick wall while Nigel and Tony are crushing it by arguing about Christian or what-have-you.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gavok posted:

The Dark Order guys have been posting a logo of BTDO and all of them have been retweeted by the BTE account. So that's probably happening tomorrow.

lmao hell yeah

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

My 5 point plan to fix AEW:

-Book Ryback

-Book The Big Guy

-Book The Ryback

-Book "Silverback" Ryan Reeves

-Book Skip Sheffield

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I wish they had gotten JONAH when he was free. Maybe they could get Jeff Cobb. I want more big fat fuckers. Get Ace Romero or something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

I'm really enjoying the Adam Copeland vs. Christian feud, especially with that killer promo Copeland cut on Collision and the Dynamite segment before, but I do hope that he's used for more cool singles matches going forward. He said himself on the Jericho podcast that he came in knowing fans would want to know why they didn't use their history immediately and I really do respect that, but it was neat as hell seeing him do a match with Luchasaurus. Let's get Adam vs. Nick Wayne in a singles and then once the Christian feud has done its thing let's see him take on the whole drat roster. He has a shelf life, let's get the most of it!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

haunted bong posted:

* “No more BS” Paul Wight

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

A Fancy Hat posted:

AEW survived a pandemic as a much smaller and less prestigious company, if anybody seriously thinks they're dying just because somebody looked at TV sideways then I highly suggest you take some time off of online wrestling discussion and just enjoy the show on its own merits. I cannot stress enough how much more fun a show can be when you're not also microanalyzing how many people are attending the show, what the live viewership numbers are, and whether a thing is sports, entertainment, or sports entertainment.

yeah lmao

If you start to find yourself more interested or invested in discussing wrestling to the point that it drowns out the enjoyment of the actual artform, especially in a world where there's so much wrestling out there, past and present, it's time to talk about wrestling less and watch wrestling more.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nea posted:

if keith lee didn't get covid he would be AEW champion right now.

It's so drat sad. I'm glad he's still around because he's still charismatic as hell but... :smith:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

AEW fans are dumb bitches and the haters are brain damaged losers imo honestly to be clear

If they're girls we call them Cootie Face, if they're boys we call them Bucket Head

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

yea ok posted:

Nice try though dumb gently caress

You gotta stop doing this man. Go take a nap

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

When's Danhausen's public execution again

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

On The Internet posted:

I liked the idea of the fragmented belt someone posted about. If you collect all 7 pieces then The Devil (Tony Khan) comes out and gives you a wish.

Twisted Metal style. Joe is already Sweet Tooth, just get Tony as Calypso. We're onto something.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Darby winning to finally get one up over MJF because of their long-time rivalry would be fantastic, and then Joe killing Darby would also be fantastic. Samoa Joe is the best.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Pylons posted:

AEW filed a trademark for "East West Express" so expect Jordan Oliver to show up soon to back up Nick Wayne in the Patriarchy.

EAST WEST

EAST WEST

EAST WEST

EXPRESSSSS!!

That's how I was introduced to Nick Wayne before he showed up in AEW; he was at a GCW show I went to and it was super fun.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

yeah but i'd kill and die for bryan danielson so who am i to argue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Oh, this feels like a big blow. :(