Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Didn't get to watch the show live but here are some notes I wrote while watching the recording .

Hoots n Hollers

-holy poo poo Swerve is over, as he should be

-if Swerve isn't booked to win this he should be 

-I am a unironic Wheeler Yuta enjoyer

-Joe will soon hopefully condense MJF into a cube 

-Joe is super cool

-Golden Jets winning on Saturday means The Best Bout Machine might have to confront Bill so vast that every man simply refers to him as Big 

-I'll still hoot for 2.0 even if I hate their entrance music 

-TRADING SLEEPER HOLDS 

-I wish my dad was Christian Cage

-KILLSWITCH, it would be so stupid if it wasn't so awesome 

-this Christian segment is a roller coaster 

-'that's my son, that's my child' 

-Christian is a good father and Adam Copeland's new gimmick is he will murder children 

-RUSH RUSH RUSH 

-the C2 means we are getting so much RUSH in the coming weeks 

-I don't care how janky the C2 announcement was, this is awesome, also I'm glad I'm watching this on fite with no commercials 

-Mox and Briscoe both rule

Circles of AEW Hell

-Wooooooooo Energy

-I would enjoy Better than You Baby if the world title wasn't involved, but the crowd loves it

-MJF mouthing off to Joe reminded me how good he is as a heel

-2.0 should be coming out to something that sounds like its ripping off the jets song from west side story 

-the empty space were Juice should be

-Tony Storm wouldn't need the world title if they gave the woman's division more TV time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Ganso Bomb posted:

MJF wins so the winner of the C2, Swerve Strickland, can beat him at Revolution.

Or Joe wins and Swerve beats him. Whatever. Swerve champ in the first quarter of 2024, I don’t care how he gets there.

The problem with Swerve winning the C2 is that he'll be a triple crown champion, so they wouldn't put him in the world title program until he drops that, as much as Swerve cleaning up the too many title situation by simply winning them all and unifying them would be awesome.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I think the triple crown as a belt could work based on the idea it is composed of titles from 3 companies and thus doesn't belong to any one company and can be challenged for by the locker room of any company.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Ganso Bomb posted:

Wrestling needs a Quadruple Crown Champion, friend. He can gift the other belts to Cage, Nana, and the Gates of Agony.

Like Cyrus the Younger before him Swerve's problem will be far to many crowns and to few friends to share them with.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Most Power Alex posted:

Like Cyrus the Younger before him Swerve's problem will be far to many crowns and to few friends to share them with.

Also I apologize if this if my mention of Cyrus the Younger derails another AEW thread into a discussion about whether Alexandermania was actually as good in retrospect as it seemed at the time or at what point the RWO jump the shark (there were problems even before they split into RWO East and West).

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Pinwiz11 posted:

I love that I made my 1-6 predictions, and then proceeded to complete ignore them for the match-to-match picks. :allears:

I'm working under the assumption that I am a mathematics genius and that I instinctively managed to make my match-to-match picks match my 1-6 predictions. In fact I am so confident I feel no need to ever attempt to confirm this.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Sandman McMahon posted:

Whoa, why does Toni Storm look so weird here??

Toni Storm currently lives in 1907, the event in the picture takes place after the New Year.

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Since a cross Atlantic flight might be a bit much I'll just drop my Fite code here as well for anyone that may want it: AEWV5RJFYH6R

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

DeepDickPizza posted:

Jay White can shave and become the smooth babyface he was born to be.

I'm reacting to this the same way I would if someone said 'let's take the shell off of a turtle.'

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
I'm feeling like we need a AEW Purgatory thread for those that are cautiously optimistic.