Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
It's probably going to be Jack Perry just because it's the most boring answer, but I'm still going with my theory:

Jay White orchestrated his own attack as a diversion to get the belt, and he's bringing Adam Cole back to Bullet Club as his general. If you watch Full Gear with the idea that Cole wanted to get the belt on Jay (which worked, briefly), it fits every interaction they had - even "accidentally" giving the ring to the wrong guy at first. Oh gee, gosh Max, I have a shattered ankle but I'll totally solidify Jay's reign for you since you can't be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

It's fine, he's a jacked dude who really likes 80s punk.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm really not sure what to think about a triple crown. A new Continental belt just seems thrown in there so it's kind of worthless, and ROH & NJPW Strong without branded top titles would be really weird unless they're doing some sort of ROH/Strong merger. I have to think that's what they're going for, so maybe they'll announce something soon. But if that's the case, then adding a new belt just so they can use the phrase "triple crown" seems ostentatious.

Also lol at Tony comparing this to the J-Crown on the live special, when it's only one guy putting his belts in and it's not single-elimination. That's a hell of a reach.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'd think I'd much rather the ROH TV title was part of the triple crown than ROH World.

Maybe, I don't know, Stoke nixes Eddie's belt but says he can do whatever he wants with the Strong one, then puts in the TV belt because Joe just vacated it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Alan_Shore posted:

It's not like I dislike Jay, he's clearly amazing in the ring, and I enjoy the Gang Gang Bang, it's just I really think AEW has overused the ref in the corner/ nutshot/ pin situation. I think If Jay has cheated another way I wouldn't be so down (plus also he was guaranteed to win)
The thing with Jay used to be that he was just really good, but he was an insufferable prick about it. Heels don't really do that in American wrestling though, and it's too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i actually like the discount wyatts. i wish they’d win some more matches on aew tv.

I mean, that's on-brand for Wyatt knockoffs.:v:

I liked them better when they were a full stable though. Tag team not so much. Bring back Bateman and Vita. And where the hell is Stu? Did they quietly shove him back to Quebec?