Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loving the C2 already, and also wrestling is a land of contrasts so I'm both hype for the great wrestling but also for Christian's batshit Patriarchy stuff, as well as Daddy Magic and Saraya being committed to the notion of preventing their best friends from loving.

neoaxd posted:

me whenever daddy magic and saraya are on their bullshit:

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Joe showing up and basically saying,"You can relax, you're safe now, I want you healthy so I can really enjoy murdering you" loving ruled.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :vince:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

You cannot convince me that Suzuki wasn't actually in the film but just saw a dude in a costume and thought,"I'm gonna gently caress that dude up."

Same deal with Ibushi except he really thought he had been gigantified somehow and this was a real Kaiju.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_GBsR6TAQw

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The thing you gotta remember about Swerve is that he's really loving cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

kalensc posted:

AEW Continental Classic - Place Your Predictions!

• Please find below a link to the 2nd Form for the C2
  • A link to the 1st Form is included in the main header
  • If you filled in the 1st Form already, just fill in this 2nd Form, and I'll merge the predictions
  • If you missed yesterday's form, late entries are allowed on the honor principle, but I'll add a column denoting it
  • Submissions to both forms will officially close when the 1st Blue League match on Collision this Saturday gets underway

https://forms.gle/yP4aJwQ3wUuKiTEv8

53 posters filled in Form #1 thus far, I hope that you all get an opportunity to fill out the rest of your picks before Saturday evening.

:hayter: Best :miedo: of :judas: luck! :bahgawd:

Thanks for this! Is there a way to see my picks for the 1st form? I honestly can't remember who I picked to end up where and like with the G1 I intend to stick with my terrible decisions all the way through to the bitter, humiliating end!

(release the full match-ups Tony so I can do the MATHTM goddammit!)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Suddenly I feel like I get Samoa Joe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

kalensc posted:

In the meantime, your Gold League Round-Robin rankings and match picks were:

Thank you! Now I can gently caress up without any possible excuse!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God it is so difficult to make this work with the standings already predicted I've hosed this up so badly :lol:

Edit:

So long as the fact I've already gotten predictions wrong doesn't get in the way, I think I've got this in the bag! :shepface:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 24, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I knew Rampage and Collision were on the same night this week but I thought it was Friday, not Saturday :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think they've drastically failed to take into account the #1 metric all businesses should consider when it comes to making decisions like this: how does it affect ME, Jerusalem?

:smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Very, very tangential, but this reminds me of a wonderful moment in one of the Toy Hunt Vlogs where Brody King takes Ethan aside and quietly demands to know why he's only brought jobbers with him on the Hunt today :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

dare i say i'm enjoying 3 hours on the weekend vs. 1 hour on friday and 2 hours on saturday i feel like a heretic

If it HAS to be three hours I prefer 1 hour on Friday and 2 hours on Saturday, just because 3 hours is too long for anything but a once every 6-8 weeks PPV, and ideally I'd prefer just a 2 hour Collision but I doubt that is going to happen in this era of studios desperately looking for content to fill hours.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

neoaxd posted:

lexis king, however...

camera shakes wildly

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Also I don't know what everybody's talking about re: his hair, here's the video of his return, it seems fine?

https://i.imgur.com/6z8gdld.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A Fancy Hat posted:

Also I dunno if this was on TV but Malakai turned the lights out on FTR after their match and said they were alone and had no friends and nobody to stand up for them, then specifically said that CM Punk couldn’t help them.

Yep, that made television!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy poo poo :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

The Dark Order guys have been posting a logo of BTDO and all of them have been retweeted by the BTE account. So that's probably happening tomorrow.

I hope so!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Well, let's see how this goes (Being the Dark Order Ep. 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQPKWZ61Fw

A couple minutes in: "We're already running dry..." :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Boys powerless to enter the men's room, shooed away like birds. :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey you know Samoa Joe?

He's really loving cool.

:hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I liked the QTV segments (hated them at first) and especially liked when Johnny TV was doing them. I'm guessing they'll be done now, which is a shame.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gavok posted:

1. Jay White vs. Swerve Strickland: This is the most fascinating match that AEW has put together since maybe the main event of All In. Heel vs. heel is rare enough, but this dynamic is something else. They’re two of the biggest heels in the company, but also two ships passing. You have one guy who just lost a PPV world title shot and really needs a rebound and you have another guy who just won a PPV match that’s meant to propel him up the ladder. I’m really curious where they go with this. Plus it should just be a kickass match to begin with.

I am seriously so pumped for this match. Two absolute dirtbags in very different ways who can also back up all their shittalk in the ring. It's going to be fantastic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

I like aew and am looking forward to dynamite on Wednesday

Dynamite rules, and the Continental Classic continues :woop:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Women's C2 please Tony. Get Yuka in it!!!

God yes please, hook it to my veins, Tony!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

tony would have to book enough womens matches for a week of tournament matches and he aint doing that

That's why you release the bracket in advance! :eng101:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Defenestrategy posted:

Where there actually melvins who really thought cm punk was gonna make a measureable difference or do something unique on raw that would be a kill shot to aew?

I haven't really kept up with the thread but I was baffled by some of the Observer podcasts talking about how it was a bad look for AEW that WWE had gotten CM Punk to go from AEW to WWE, as if CM Punk had chosen to leave AEW instead of being fired for cause :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Moxley just quietly testing the waters trying to see if Tony will agree to let him crush another wrestler's skull with his bare hands in a match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Do not agree in the case of BCG. Juice gets plenty of Shine and the rear end Boys have been elevated.

Yeah, Juice has been fantastic and the Gunns have gone from a one-note joke to actually really genuinely entertaining and feeling like they mean something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Give us Cabana! Cabana!

:kiss:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

For you my friend, anything

:prepop:

Beautiful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They won't report the truth in the DIRTSHEETS but basically at All In after Punk walked back from his match Bryan Danielson walked straight up to him and started poking him in the chest saying,"Gonna cry? Gonna cry?" and Punk kept backing up but Danielson kept poking and eventually backed him up to Heathrow and onto a flight to LA. The really hosed up thing was that Danielson was in Napa when the show started.

The trunks :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spoilers from the latest New Japan show but it looks like the New Japan/AEW relationship is in complete shambles and perhaps dead forever :smith:

Gates of Agony joined House of Torture :gonk:

ChrisBTY posted:

Word is Danielson lost all respect for Punk when he attacked Tony Khan but failed to score even a single takedown
"It's so easy, he (Tony) can't sprawl at all so you can take him off his feet just by going for a single leg." Danielson said to one confidant.

This is 100% true :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

Ah well at least someone took him to the airport. :unsmith:

Ahahaha :allears: