Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Bonk posted:

It's fine, he's a jacked dude who really likes 80s punk.

TK's going to have some Chicago-area punk one way or another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Well, yeah. He's getting the Sports Entertainment crowd now

History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

TK saw that AEW was going to face some stiff competition from Family Guy and decided to take the kid gloves off finally

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Shard posted:

when does aew either get a big increase in their tv deal or die?

When does the new season of Family Guy start? I hear that will be the true test of their ratings power

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

looking forward to the return of the big star Jack Perry, he's gonna cut some killer promos

Can't wait for him to trot out his new t-shirt with his new catchphrase on it. "CRY ME A RIVER" shirts are gonna sell like hotcakes :shepspends:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Barry Bluejeans posted:

I like the Hell thread but I'm guessing it's been completely insufferable since last night lol

It's got many of the same people that liked or hated Punk that also post ITT; so no different than it would've been ITT if the Hell thread didn't exist, basically

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Shard posted:

I'm gonna stop going to the Aew hell thread that place makes me depressed. I don't want Aew to die its literally the only wrestling I enjoy and have easy access to on a regular basis. I'm never gonna watch wwe because wwe doesn't put on shows I enjoy. If Aew dies I'm gonna be like those wcw fans that just stopped watching anything.

Real talk: AEW isn't going to die.

If TNA still exists after making many many many worse mistakes than AEW has made so far, AEW ain't going to die. It may change networks, it may switch to a streaming service instead of cable TV, hell maybe they'll even do a weekly PPV model, but it ain't gonna die.

WCW died because the network that owned them got sold to a buyer who didn't like wrestling or want it on their network. ECW died because WCW poached their talent, which was because Paul Heyman was bad with money. The Khans own AEW and they're billionaires, so neither of those things are a concern as far as AEW remaining a viable operation. It may not be on TNT/TBS any more one day (which is why I think naming their men's and women's TV titles after those networks was a dumb idea), but it's not going to die any time soon.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Tato posted:

Tony, I only ask one thing of you in this trying time - book another Colt Cabana / compression socks match to stick it to Punk. The first was amazing.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

You try to keep the negativity in the negativity thread and people still aren’t happy and derail the main thread. Oh well we can condense the Hell thread back into this one

People complaining about the negativity in the AEW Hell thread, and yet nobody does anything about the toxic positivity in the AEW Mecca thread :colbert:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Pfft, you guys and your lil' 5 point plans :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpq-GVY4k_0

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

KungFu Grip posted:

i hate the Dork Odor

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I don't know which of the two threads this should go to, so it's going to both.

Good effort, though the dialogue balloons need to be flipped around and the top one says "WWE" instead of "AEW" :v:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Curious to know why some in AEW think Punk's return to WWE makes AEW look second rate

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Pylons posted:

You'll notice that there's actually nothing like that in the article.

No, I noticed yea ok's posts instead, which are infinitely more reliable than any dirtsheet :smug:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
For anyone ITT who cares, here's a video with a quick recap of the contents of Punk's promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRfy1yorkec

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Lid posted:

What a night of wwe does to a mother fucker

Sometimes you need to watch something truly awful to appreciate what good is. If all you watch is The Wire or There Will Be Blood you can forget that their flaws are just minute compared to what you're not seeing.

As I said in the AEW Hell thread, I'm not ready to declare all of AEW's problems fixed just because Punk's promo sucked

But that promo sucked

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

AEW is becoming more like NJPW, which has a faction called Just 5 Guys, which is also an accurate description of every iteration of QT leading a faction

Is that the name of that faction's favorite burger joint? :v:

Lamuella posted:

The problem with AEW is that it's too WWE-like and focused on promos and pretapes, and also too njpw-like and focused on matches and in-ring.

When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
The key difference between WWE and AEW is that HHH will be perfectly content to let CM Punk sit in catering and never use him

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Had to update the original image from last year's goldmined thread

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Eat My Fuc posted:

For you my friend, anything

We've often had our disagreements on here, but I have to say this is an absolute masterpiece. I tip my hat to you :tipshat:

And now I'm picturing a wall somewhere in Jacksonville with the words "PUNK EUNT DOMUS PUNK ITE DOMUM" painted over and over on it

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 29, 2023

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
Just as I didn't like Cody working with a torn titty, so too do I not like MJF working thru an injury. That mindset is so prevalent throughout the wrestling business and it's stupid and leads to shortened careers and poor quality of life outside the ring. Just vacate the belt, or award it to Joe because MJF wasn't cleared for their match, or whatever, and let the man go get his surgery and heal up.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

yea ok posted:

Not my problem to worry about. I'm assuming every single wrestler is hurt in some way or another and being stupid by working with an injury.

This is very likely true

MassRafTer posted:

If it's not going to effect their long term quality of life work through injuries, it happens in sports all the time.

I'd agree, but I think in wrestling a lot of guys do it because they're afraid of losing their spot and getting shunted back down the card, whereas that's (generally) not as much of a problem in most sports

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

MassRafTer posted:

I thought about that but figured it would be too much work to get rid of the hat or put Tony Khan in a cowboy hat.

But just now I remembered...

"He has not confessed, he's made no statement, charges of knocking over monitors have been accepted against him."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Sandman McMahon posted:

Remember the end of The Watchmen when Ozymandias drops the squid monster in New York and the world is united in the aftermath? (Spoilers)

I feel like Punk is the squid monster and we’re the people. The people with the best memes.

Bryan Danielson posted:

"Fire you"? Punk, I'm not some middleman for Vince McMahon. Do you seriously think I'd explain why what you did was wrong if there was the slightest chance of you running to Tony Khan and changing his mind? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.