Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Swerve vs Lethal 4 7.84%
Hook/OC/Shibata vs ExJAS 1 1.96%
Rush vs Jay 31 60.78%
Anna vs Ruby vs Skye 2 3.92%
Mark vs Mox 13 25.49%
Total: 51 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I echo a lot of what people are saying here.

Great episode, flew by, but the C2 is off to a bad start with obvious results. Really, not one surprise? It doesn't bode well. Thenl worst was loving Switchblade winning with the utter bullshit ref cowering in the corner then kick in the balls win aka the worst loving finish in wrestling.

I would have had all upsets. Have Lethal win because Swerve is utterly hosed from Saturday. Have Rush win. Have Briscoe win. Create some surprises, dammit!

Also saw some people making GBS threads on Blue, and sorry, no. Ruby and Anna dragged her down to their level. Did you see that pathetic poo poo where Ruby "threw" Anna into the guard rail? Diabolical. Blue is way better than them but she's still not at the level where she can save that kind of match.

Anyway great episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

DeepDickPizza posted:

Jay can get away with that blatant level of cheating and not have it feel like a cop out.

Counterpoint: it absolutely did feel like a cop out

I'm tired of wrestlers just kicking people in the balls when the ref is distracted. It's become cliche and it's a lazy way for a heel to win while "protecting" the opponent. I thought the whole point of this loving tournament was to have straight competition with winners and losers (and draws), for it to be different to what we normally see. So far, it's same old. No reason why Switchblade couldn't have won clean. Hoping we don't see more of this.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

so you haven't watched much Jay White before huh

Only his AEW stuff and his awesome recent match with Kenny in Japan that didn't end in a nut shot.

Just tired of nut shots in AEW. it's lazy. Find a new way to cheat. Don't book a tournament when you're loving scared to have people lose clean!

Curious: does the G1 have a lot of people cheating with nut shots, or are we just lucky?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

I think Jay White has won literally every single G1 match he's ever won with a nutshot

Haha well, fair enough lol. I still hate it.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

That one is the exception that proves the rule!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Pylons posted:

Jay White in the finals of a G1 pillmanized Ibushi's ankle the previous day and Gedo ran in during the match to help him as well. He still lost.

So why was it terrible when MJF beat him by cheating when Ibushi beat him (I'm assuming) through pure heart even though they both had the same injury? Why did Jay look good in one match and "weak" in the other? Sounds the same to me (perhaps even better in AEW cos MJF had to cheat to beat him)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

something being predictable doesn't make it good

The match was good though. It had a freaking cutter to the outside and a sick elbow to the table. It certainly wasn't a great match because of the selling, maybe they shouldn't have done the whole ambulance thing at all, but the live crowd ate it up and the huge reactions for Cole showed that it worked live.

I'm way more interested in MJF/Joe. I'm just so very tired of a heel having his minions interfere in his match so he can win with a nutshot. Show me Joe just killing people, that's the good poo poo.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Mr. Squishy posted:

I just got sent a presale code for All In 2 (3?) but I'm not sure I'll take them up on it. Seems smarter to wait until closer to the date as prices will probably fall again.

I signed up at Ticketmaster and haven't heard anything! How did you get that code?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

flying to england isnt gonna happen so if any one wants it

AGVBM4VE The special one-use code for this VIP Presale is only valid between 9am – 11am GMT on Monday, November 27, 2023.

I'll yoink this one if no one disagrees. Thanks! Is this for Ticketmaster?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

If Tony has been reading this thread and Yuta puts the ref in the corner then kicks Shibata in the balls for the win I'll be FUMING M8

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

shiksa posted:

mjf won when his minionfriend gave him the ring to cheat with after trying to cheat for him multiple times

mjf wins like 80% of his matches with the dynamite diamond ring, even as a face

i think maybe u just kinda dont like jay white like i just kinda dont like mjf, its ok to just kinda not like something

It's not like I dislike Jay, he's clearly amazing in the ring, and I enjoy the Gang Gang Bang, it's just I really think AEW has overused the ref in the corner/ nutshot/ pin situation. I think If Jay has cheated another way I wouldn't be so down (plus also he was guaranteed to win)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The Righteous suck, but John Goodman has something. Put him in House of Black and get rid of the Wyatt-lite imo

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Got the Wembley tickets! Doesn't seem to be a Meet and Greet event this time. If there is, I didn't see the option. That's a shame.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I honestly don't think there are bad seats in Wembley. Last time I was pretty far back, but could still see all the screens and the ring clearly. It's a great stadium, I was really impressed.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I think QT wants to wrestle more but he's not getting much if any chance because *gestures to QT, gestures to locker room full of the best wrestlers on the planet*

I'm sure he can be replaced backstage and AEW will be just fine! This loving thread man: "Oh my god, did you hear? QT loving Marshall left AEW! It's over!" Absolute clown show in here

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

People talking about AEW being on fire* yet Being The Dark Order Episode 1 says otherwise. Curious

* the bad way

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Absolutely called QT leaving because he believes he should be a big wrestling star

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Punk knows what works and what doesn't brother

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

This thread is good again. One last time, thanks Punk!

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I love it but lol poor Emi, best worker jobbing to someone with like 2 year's experience (I like Julia don't get me wrong). Hopefully she'll win a match on TV one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Alaois posted:

its karmic retribution for the dozens of trainees she's squashed over the decades

I mean why even have trainees if you can't squash em (Shida has beat Emi every time in AEW, could have been a great story... or any kind of story...)