Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
missed last week's episode. two really good episodes! cant believe victor killed honest abe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I remembered what this episode was going to cover right before it happened and I'm sad now :(

There's also a bunch of episode after the credits, just fyi. Anyway, a good one! Weird that they did so much recap earlier in the season only to rush through a bunch of the last few eps, though! I also like that the "next time on" has no narration because the future is unwritten now.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

This'll be in the running for anime of the season if the next ep is as hype as it looks. Yuki Yase's crew did excellent work.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

whys everyone gotta have such awful origin stories! they gotta hurry up and kill God! is next weeks the last episode?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Zeruel posted:

whys everyone gotta have such awful origin stories! they gotta hurry up and kill God! is next weeks the last episode?

It comes with being a Negator. And yes, this week's the last episode.

That's our awful origin story, we'll have to wait for the rest of the story. God is toying with us too.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Just finished catching up with this series just before the end. Sorely tempted to jump into the manga after the final episode just to see if they let Anno be a new member of the Round Table and give them a set of robot arms.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I know I am! I really excited to see where this goes. I think chapter 199 just came out, too.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

despite all the loving about with recaps and poo poo, this was a really good series, with a potential second season in the works, too!
https://twitter.com/undeadunluck_an/status/1771218279811674155

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, I already read the manga but I was still welling up a bit when Akira finally got his Unknown Negator text drop

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Sick, Wicked Sick! Really nice dramatic peak to a nice, dramatic arc. Man, the colors, bgs and action in this show! The hint of sweetness in the story is what really made it all special

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

surprised this series doesn't get more attention.
good chaotic ride thruout

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah, the recaps were rough, but a solid run aside from that. I really hope they get a season 2, this is one of those series that I think gets better as it goes. Fuuko is a fun protagonist now that she is a little more confident in herself.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Roxors posted:

Yeah, the recaps were rough, but a solid run aside from that. I really hope they get a season 2, this is one of those series that I think gets better as it goes. Fuuko is a fun protagonist now that she is a little more confident in herself.

Fuuko with a gun

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Did the recaps get less again at some point? I got caught up to the manga because I liked the anime so much but I dropped out at episode 17 because the constant flashbacks became way too excessive.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Viridiant posted:

Did the recaps get less again at some point? I got caught up to the manga because I liked the anime so much but I dropped out at episode 17 because the constant flashbacks became way too excessive.

Yeah, it eases up a little bit. The last episode or so has a bit of flashback fever, but that's because it's framing over the past few episodes and the three culmination of it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The recap in the final episode was also in the manga so it doesn't really count

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/latest/2024/3/24/undead-unluck-anime-august-1-announcement-tease
We got an announcement of an announcement about the anime. I assume it is either season 2 or a movie, maybe both. Just a quick 4 month wait to find out. Glad it did well enough to justify more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

wicked sick. I've jumped straight into the manga but I'm excited to see more animated