Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

quote:

All Fuuko wants is a passionate romance like the one in her favorite shoujo manga. Unfortunately, her Unluck ability makes that impossible. But just as Fuuko hits rock bottom, Andy sweeps her off her feet—literally! Now she's become Andy's unwilling test subject as he works to find a way to trigger a stroke of Unluck big enough to kill him for good. However, when the pair discovers a secret organization is hunting them, it puts Andy's burial plans on hold.

A girl, cursed with "Unluck", attempts to take her own life, when she meets a man cursed with "Undead". This is the story about the search for the greatest death ever.

An anime adaptation of the 2020 manga of the same name by Yoshifumi Tozuka, UNDEAD UNLUCK is produced by David Pro (you know, JoJo) and directed by ex-SHAFT freelancer Yuuki Yase (Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb), resulting in a hilarious mix of gory blood-pumping action scenes and breathtaking cinematography (a.k.a. Shaft head tilts).

FUUKO IZUMO, AKA "UNLUCK"
Voiced by: Moe Kahara (Tomoe Inui - Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki)

A young woman who is ready to face death as she can no longer take the misfortune she puts upon the ones closest to her. Living her entire life fearful of touching anyone, even the smallest brush can bring about her UNLUCK.

??? - Nicknamed: ANDY, AKA "UNDEAD"
Voiced by: Yuichi Nakamura (Satoru Gojou - Jujutsu Kaisen)

A man who has lived for so long that he has even forgotten his own name, who happens upon Fuuko at the edge of a bridge. He is content to watch her throw herself off the edge until he hears how her Unluck causes people to die. It just so happens that this man is cursed with UNDEAD and really wants to die.

PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR_ioX_-GoQ

Opening 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stzAsF51T_w

Ending 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=canptz0g5_k

Official website
https://undead-unluck.net/

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 23, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

For what its worth, this is currently in its 7th (about to be 8th) week of airing, with 24 total episodes scheduled. Please be mindful of spoilers for those who are seeing this for the first time and deciding to try it out (also no manga spoilers this is anime only, buddy)

Also this is available on HULU and ... not anywhere else as far as I'm aware, which is probably why no-one has made a thread for it up until now.
or yknow, :filez:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 23, 2023

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Sagabal posted:

been reading this one for a while, really enjoying where the manga is at. Last episode looked like it had some production issues but otherwise David's done a great adaptation

I heard from friends that the early manga chapters were a little rough but the anime so far has been incredible

and yeah, they must have spent too much money that week, all the repeat cuts and stuff. still managed to make me cry though!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

shen loves it
undead unluck crazy good this week

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 25, 2023

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Undead Unluck crazy good. If not for the indomitable spirit of humanity, that ability seems loving busted as hell. loving the style they're pulling off on here.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 2, 2023

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

lots of series pulling the LTG card this season

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

kneelbeforezog posted:

Where were the meteors coming from if there was no galaxy before? And wasnt there the sun in the past? Wouldnt that be part of the galaxy? So the power of galaxy is the threat of aliens, and im assuming that threat is countered by justice's negation. Im assuming her using her power against Victor wouldnt have worked since his idea of justice wasnt as bad as the aliens?

I assume that her Unjustice just causes infighting. When Andy and Fuko first arrived, Andy was going to fight Tatiana, but Unjustice happened and they changed their aims to Fuko and Billy respectively. Also who knows! Gena asking "What are those?" to Fuko's painting of the moon having stars because there were no stars... and Victor asking Shen what day of the week and Shen being confused at it suggests that there's a fuckin... UMA Day or something as well. At the very least, the Earth, the Sun and the Moon were there... Maybe the first UMA was UMA Christianity God
This show is so good I am intrigued and invested.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Dec 9, 2023

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

golden bubble posted:

The solar system was there before UMA Galaxy. The meteors were probably pulled from the asteroid belt or something. But there wasn't anything past the solar system, just endless void. Galaxy fills in the rest of the universe with stuff.

a friend pointed out in Gena's episodes, theres some space debris floating around so it might be that

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

GateOfD posted:

With the introduction of Galaxy, they also mentioned with it came the culture of myths dealing with planets and days of the week now as well

It's funny that the gregorian calendar was still around but not Saturday

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

clothy is funny. give him a ball of spaghetti (yarn) to make it up to him. what if there was a really big orca for some reason.
really good episode. i keep praying that its not the end of the episode every time.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

UU manga was definitely skirting the under 19 club for a bit

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

another wicked sick episode. almost thought andy was going to pull the card out again.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

they really gotta cool it with the recaps from 10 seconds ago
that said, another amazing episode which made me cry yet again

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I have been informed that Undead Unluck is now on Disney Plus now that they're Unmoused

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

for all the problems I have with UMA Recap recapping the episode every 5 minutes, this was a good rear end episode still

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

got around to watching it today. OP and ED are good but the first lot are still the best ones for me. many questions being raised. hang in there chikara.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

ryo was probably at school practicing baseball pitches or something he's gonna go to koshien.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

gently caress! Poor Tatiana

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

it's honestly unbillyvable

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I'm really excited to learn more about Spring Summer Fall and Winter

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

good episode this week. i wonder what Unfeel means/does. i like nico's goon squad.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

the show is REALLY good there's some great bits but my loving god these recaps

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

the penalty is the creation of UMA Recap.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

the audacity of them to do a 5 second star wars intro bit aside, this was a REALLY good episode. my friends told me they replaced fuuko holding a gun with Andy, but given that the kyoani arsonist was just sentenced to death i think it can slide.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

turns out manga fuuko's Un was actually Unhinged.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

missed last week's episode. two really good episodes! cant believe victor killed honest abe

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

whys everyone gotta have such awful origin stories! they gotta hurry up and kill God! is next weeks the last episode?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I know I am! I really excited to see where this goes. I think chapter 199 just came out, too.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

despite all the loving about with recaps and poo poo, this was a really good series, with a potential second season in the works, too!
https://twitter.com/undeadunluck_an/status/1771218279811674155

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Roxors posted:

Yeah, the recaps were rough, but a solid run aside from that. I really hope they get a season 2, this is one of those series that I think gets better as it goes. Fuuko is a fun protagonist now that she is a little more confident in herself.

Fuuko with a gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

wicked sick. I've jumped straight into the manga but I'm excited to see more animated