Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
What's everyone's Thanksgiving plans this year? We were going to do a two hour drive with the kid to my spouse's aunt's place for the big lunch gathering on that side of the family and then come back to my brother's for dinner, but the aunt caught COVID on a cruise, so we're just bumming around until dinnertime. Last year, my brother and his wife were the ones who got sick, so we're apparently just trading off. While I'm going to miss seeing everyone at lunch, I'm pretty grateful to get out of the drive, and my spouse is happy to not hang around their dad's wife. You know, everything just always works out to be whatever it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Smoking a brined turkey like I do every year. Just me and my dad. I like to tweak the brine recipe every year and make notes on what works and what doesn't.

One of my uncles hosts a big rear end family reunion thing for Thanksgiving every year, but we couldn't afford to go this year even though they've been begging me to make the trip back after I wowed them with one of my turkeys a few years ago.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Nov 23, 2023

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Thanks giving was last month OP

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Turkey thighs in crockpot to defeat dryness. Also the Julia Child garlic mash potatoes because I was feeling fancy

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

That reminds me! Last I heard, my brother planned to smoke two medium sized turkeys instead of one big one. We're bringing baked mac n cheese with feta, and I imagine the menu will mostly be standard fare, but my brother is a fantastic cook

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We're all sick at home throwing up and crapping our brains out because my daughter brought some terrible virus home from daycare. Thanks for asking op

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm watching a reanimated corpse named Cher sing on the macy's thanksgiving day parade

then I'm making a lot of food and giving all the farm animals treats and then tomorrow I'm going out to marvel at the beauty of capitalism and the sheer, undying hatred that humans have for each other. ...while having ordered all of my purchases for pick up on saturday, because like hell I'm standing in any of those lines.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Going to be eating some good Turkey, Ham, Stuffing, and the works. Im excited!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You shouldn't need a passport to go to loving Canada. First of all it's in the middle of the USA, you can't even get to all of the USA without going through this country omib the middle of ours. Second, it's still America! The mega continent America goes all the way from USA down through Canada, down through more USA, and down through to Chile.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
im gonna be gay and do crime

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'm gonna watch football and have a drink to celebrate if my team wins. i will also have a drink if they lose.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

gonna post the poo poo out of this forum

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Khanstant posted:

You shouldn't need a passport to go to loving Canada. First of all it's in the middle of the USA, you can't even get to all of the USA without going through this country omib the middle of ours. Second, it's still America! The mega continent America goes all the way from USA down through Canada, down through more USA, and down through to Chile.

We didn't have to until after 9/11. There were many towns on the Maine-Canadian border where people would go back and forth all the time. Still do to a degree, but with a passport now.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Fart on a pilgrim's grave

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

We cancelled it after my mom's mysterious virus turned out to be COVID lol. Rescheduling for a few weeks from now.

I was bringing 2.lbs of cocktail shrimp so I'm gonna eat like half a pound and freeze the rest.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also, I come back in from back breaking shoveling to learn my Mother changed her plans by an hour and half, which then sent all my plans down the shoot. So I cancelled, and am staying home watching football instead. Much more relaxing.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

working then going to drink whisky and stuff my face the rest of the night at my uncle's place op, going to see the wife's parents at their farm over the weekend

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
We won two turkeys at turkey bingo after we had already bought a turkey, so I kept one frozen for later use, but I'm smoking one of them while the gf cooks the other. First time smoking a turkey, so doing it with a free backup turkey is very comforting.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I fell down the stairs and bruised my tailbone, so I can't go the 5 hour drive to my mom's. Having a little couple Thanksgiving just like before we moved back east, but even more low effort.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Christ, the driving stories remind me of our first year in grad school, when we drove 12 hours down from New England on a Wednesday, did Thanksgiving, then drove back with a stop in Boston to see Patti Smith and Neil Young at the Garden. The concert was great but that was too much road time

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Also the Julia Child garlic mash potatoes because I was feeling fancy
for me it's the chef john's recipe

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

I fell down the stairs and bruised my tailbone, so I can't go the 5 hour drive to my mom's. Having a little couple Thanksgiving just like before we moved back east, but even more low effort.

donut pillow much?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Gonna take the dog out somewhere, then come home and start dinner prep, then cook a big steak dinner for me & aforementioned dog, then watch Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. Should be pretty nice, although the dishwasher quit working yesterday so :lol: at washing all of my dishes before Thanksgiving dinner

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

One thing I WON'T be doing is watching Gone With the Wind on AMC, since my Alabama-born mother who loved that movie for some sick reason is now deceased.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Currently posting from the toilet at work. Getting paid OT to take a dump. We do Thanksgiving on the the Saturday after. It's easier with our schedules.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I am going to call it Sorryforreceiving because of. wokeness.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
I had Thanksgiving with family two days early, and now I'm on petsitting duty while they go out of state for more Thanksgiving.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

cumpantry posted:

for me it's the chef john's recipe

It wasn't really worth the effort. Very fussy recipe for little payoff. Her cranberry sauce was spot on though, my kid loved it.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Did Thanksgiving dinnerlunch with my in town parents yesterday and drove four hours to my in-laws today. I've got a six pack I'm two into while we wait for everyone else to get here at 2. My brother in law's family is chronically late, we'll see how they do today.

naem
May 29, 2011

fambly time, I’m the only unmarried one with no kids

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

naem posted:

I’m the only unmarried one with no kids

Lol!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

naem posted:

I’m the only unmarried one with no kids

same :smith::hf::smith:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's a liberation! You're free to do whatever you want (within reason)!

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Smugworth posted:

We're all sick at home throwing up and crapping our brains out because my daughter brought some terrible virus home from daycare. Thanks for asking op

You let your toddler take off their N95? You should go to jail.

I’m driving to a friends house and we’re gonna play video games and eat a bunch.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Couple of friends are visiting since I have no family and theirs is all too far for them to travel to cheaply. Turkey's in the oven, got cornbread stuffing, biscuits, and roasted veg ready to go. Pumpkin pie for dessert from a local bakery.

Somehow we're all utterly tired already, I'm cooling off in the back room away from the kitchen for a bit.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
posting on something awful, playing video games, and drinking cocktails!

oh, and have a recipe for some chimichurri steak and gruyere potatoes. probably make that at some point tonight... yum!

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Planning on making a bad GBS post sometime today

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
eating a million dinner rolls and petting a kitty

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Just had lunch with my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We might play a board game after dessert, I don't know. I'm tired and have to work tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

I'm going to my friend's at noon and my aunt's at 4. I'm making meat pies for each, and I have one more just to have at home. Pork shoulder, slow cooked for about 12 hours in a Dutch oven, with onions, locally sourced mushrooms, and celery added in the last couple hours. Then the pork gets cut into chunks, and that's all mixed together with green onions, rosemary, and breadfruit added. Sweet breadfruit gets mashed up to be the top of the pie, with the drippings from the pork made into gravy. Half the gravy gets poured into the pie filling, the other half gets stirred into the breadfruit mash.