Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Lions really need to get their defense sorted in the off season. I don’t think AG should get sacked mid season, but holy poo poo he cannot stay for next year unless we see an absolute 180

Todays loss was partially on the defense and partially on the o-line seemingly collapsing once again, which has been a really strange thing to see after getting used to having such a great line doing great plays all season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh also I hope now that Jamo seems to be increasing in workload and comfort with Goff, that opens up the playbook for the rest of the season :getin:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I think losing their #1 safety, #2 corner, and #2 edge rusher for the year is really weighing on them. Couple that with Jack Campbell stinking out loud and there are just too many holes to be exploited. They have some bright spots, but the ones that aren't bright spots are getting picked on.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

really queer Christmas posted:

Awful day of football, good job everyone

niners completely disagree but 1/3 is a failing grade yeah

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

As someone with no vested interest in any team playing today, Lions/Packers was at least entertaining. The other 2 were just kind of extended submission holds waiting for the other team to tap out.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Mustached Demon posted:

niners completely disagree but 1/3 is a failing grade yeah

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Shindragon posted:

Yeah p much. Dan was making really bad decisions. That fake punt was the worst decision ever he did. You were down 14/23 and could've possibly made that score gap smaller but no you gave the Packers a chance to extend the lead and just made terrible decisions on 4th down. 1/5. That's just bad.

Oh he' lucky he didn't get a turkey leg, I heard Fox gives them goddamn dry.

One of the announcers on the Swedish broadcast talked at length about how stupid that fake was when it happened.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Incitatus posted:

One of the announcers on the Swedish broadcast talked at length about how stupid that fake was when it happened.

Uhhhh er det en svensk sending??

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Uhhhh er det en svensk sending??

Javisst. Det finns en svensk nfl studio. The 1 o'clock games are broadcast from a sports package, but the 4 o'clock/night games are on regular tv stations. Early game has Swedish commentators and the later games are usually just a direct American broadcast (I forget if the 4 o'clock games are Swedish/English) :abrathink:

The most times I've heard "dumt" outside of a korridorfest.

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Nov 24, 2023

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Incitatus posted:

Javisst. Det finns en svensk nfl studio. The 1 o'clock games are broadcast from a sports package, but the 4 o'clock/night games are on regular tv stations. Early game has Swedish commentators and the later games are usually just a direct American broadcast (I forget if the 4 o'clock games are Swedish/English) :abrathink:

The most times I've heard "dumt" outside of a korridorfest.

Mildly related, this was my first time I remember watching a game on a foreign feed (Sky Sports) and was struck by 1) the commenters being allowed to be critical at all of players and coaches, 2) that ex-players were allowed time to talk about technique and game planning, and 3) that they were still alert and talking about the WAS/DAL game while it was ~3am their time.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Those two fumbles killed Detroit, a much competitive game without them. The defense might not be good enough, though. Probably gonna have to win some shootouts in the playoffs.

Fortunately outside of Dallas the rest of their schedule looks pretty mild. But yeah that defense has to be concerning.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Anals of History posted:

Mildly related, this was my first time I remember watching a game on a foreign feed (Sky Sports) and was struck by 1) the commenters being allowed to be critical at all of players and coaches, 2) that ex-players were allowed time to talk about technique and game planning, and 3) that they were still alert and talking about the WAS/DAL game while it was ~3am their time.

was that the UK Sky Sports feed, because if so the Dallas beat down finished before midnight.

As for the Lions, there has to be something that they're seeing from the defense at practice that's absolutely not showing up for whatever reason during the games because MCDC has never to the best of my knowledge criticised the defense in a post-game presser

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Nervous posted:

The entire NFC South beat the Seahawks last year and I don't see things being any different this year.

I promise you that things have gotten worse down here.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Tough day for the Dak Haters yesterday. Tough season, really.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dak usually saves his best performances for the playoffs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AndrewP posted:

The first few games were a bit rough but post 49ers he’s been amazing.

Please don’t look at the records of teams dallas has played post-49ers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

AndrewP posted:

Beating up the Commies is some real low hanging fruit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nodoze posted:

Beating up the Commies is some real low hanging fruit

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1727897654137618641

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skip nailing the “most punchable human ever” look there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Somehow Skip and SAS indirectly still trolling each other through tweets about the Cowboys after all these years never gets old to me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The Cowboys are going to lose against a whole bunch of opponents with winning records and then drop their week 17 game to lose seeding like idiots.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mega64 posted:

Somehow Skip and SAS indirectly still trolling each other through tweets about the Cowboys after all these years never gets old to me.

I could hear Stephen's laugh at a Cowboys result any day and have my day be made better

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

did the national media get some sort of talking points list yesterday? because i swear between the broadcast and twitter afterwards the "super bowl team" phrase exploded.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the fantastic cowboys have the best net points in the league and it's about two decent wins better than second place. incredible!

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
This is the cowboys “trained my whole life” phase so that they can be more satisfyingly “caught in an ultimate” in the playoffs

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Cowboys have been doing an incredible job beating up lovely teams, so I'm sure this success will continue into the playoffs, well-known for being entirely made up of lovely teams.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The word "Dynasty" doesn't get used often,

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

There aren't really any good teams at all. The top three teams in the NFC have either beaten each other or no one. It looks like it's a one horse race for the Incredible Cowboys! And for everyone else, they're going to be "boat" raced instead.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bout time that everyone gave it up one time, for them Cowboys!

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cavauro posted:

Bout time that everyone gave it up one time, for them Cowboys!

Let's not go and say things we might regret later.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Welcome to the November onward Jared Goff experience

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Welcome to the November onward Jared Goff experience

Last year the Lions went 8-2 starting in November.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

Awful day of football, good job everyone

Don't worry. I'm sure the NFL will make it up to us today with... some guy who only has a job because Aaron likes to chat with him.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

I could hear Stephen's laugh at a Cowboys result any day and have my day be made better

Probably the only good thing about SAS but drat is it a good bit

AndrewP posted:

I’m trying to thread the needle of liking Dak but gently caress the Cowboys. It’s not that hard since until like 3 weeks ago half the Dak haters were Dallas fans

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Being a purist, I still can't get over Dak using anesthesia for tattoos so it's easy to hate on him and being a Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

EmbryoSteve posted:

Running from the shotgun on 4th & 1 gets what it deserves

the Commanders kept doing this on 3/1 and 4/1 too, idk what these coaches are thinking

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Glad you're finally seeing the light, Cav. Welcome to the Resistance

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Black Sunshine posted:

Being a purist, I still can't get over Dak using anesthesia for tattoos so it's easy to hate on him and being a Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

it's why he isn't a champion

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Black Sunshine posted:

I just imagine him checking out whenever he doesn't wanna be somewhere. Like he's sitting in the living room, his father-in-law is telling some lawn mowing story and Dak just shouts "BOOOOORING", jabs a needle in his neck and conks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Quiet Feet posted:

I just imagine him checking out whenever he doesn't wanna be somewhere. Like he's sitting in the living room, his father-in-law is telling some lawn mowing story and Dak just shouts "BOOOOORING", jabs a needle in his neck and conks out.

Imagine the temptation to do that during any random meeting with Jerry