Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'd have more respect for him if he knocked himself out for every meeting with Jerry to troll him and just blamed it on narcolepsy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Jets need to fire everyone and then contract the team just to be safe

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Jets need to fire everyone and then contract the team just to be safe

You may be right. The announcers were spot on when they called the Hail Mary Pick Six the season in a single play.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Near the end of the Commanders game the announcer said something to the effect of "The offense isn't really to blame, the defense gave up so much and really lost them the game." and I can't stop thinking about how stupid that statement was.

They scored 10 points and gave up a pick 6, so they net only 3 points. The Browns, to compare against a team with a bad offense but good defense, would be 2-8 if they only scored 10 points per game. They'd be 0-2-8 if they also gave up a pick 6 in those 2 wins.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Going to need a gif of the punch that accompanies this.

https://twitter.com/TheRealLastTake/status/1728175346384839068?t=Za6OerWSmKgKCuyZUUHDJQ&s=19

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Quiet Feet posted:

I just imagine him checking out whenever he doesn't wanna be somewhere. Like he's sitting in the living room, his father-in-law is telling some lawn mowing story and Dak just shouts "BOOOOORING", jabs a needle in his neck and conks out.

Yet when Jay Cutler does the exact same thing you all worship him. Curious

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
They showed the replay on the broadcast. The guy was pointing at something and didn't see the ref.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The Dolphins are the current 1 seed and it owns.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

They showed the replay on the broadcast. The guy was pointing at something and didn't see the ref.

The ref copped an elbow brace to the mouth. Inadvertently of course.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I figured that had to be a misleading tweet because a player full on punching a ref would be huge news and the gif would be everywhere.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
In my experience the most common ref booboo is signalling timeout or first down and banging your hand on the helmet of a player walking by

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MikeCrotch posted:

In my experience the most common ref booboo is signalling timeout or first down and banging your hand on the helmet of a player walking by

Sideline interference is always fun. Just running your rear end off and getting picked off or tripped by some excited coach or player and eating poo poo.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Grittybeard posted:

Sideline interference is always fun. Just running your rear end off and getting picked off or tripped by some excited coach or player and eating poo poo.

Mike Tomlin account spotted.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I had the game on because I’m a degenerate and of course my kids came in right as the ref is spitting blood. They asked if anyone has ever intentionally hurt a ref. I can’t think of anything? Probably because even the most psychotic player realizes his career would instantly be over and he could catch criminal charges. Maybe some old timey maniac from like 1948?

I was thinking of Davante Adams shoving that dude over after a game but that was a camera man or something not an official.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
The closest I can think of is the time the ref tossed the penalty flag into that guy's eye. His teammates had to keep him from pummeling the ref. He lost vision in the eye too iirc, really terrible stuff

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Rooster Brooster posted:

The closest I can think of is the time the ref tossed the penalty flag into that guy's eye. His teammates had to keep him from pummeling the ref. He lost vision in the eye too iirc, really terrible stuff

I feel like the Browns gave the dude a Staph infection too.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Rooster Brooster posted:

It was Orlando Brown and he was suspended indefinitely for shoving Triplette. They rescinded it when they found out he had been blinded, but he was still out of football for a couple of seasons.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A high school kid did it.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Flikken posted:

I feel like the Browns gave the dude a Staph infection too.

I had forgotten about the Cleveland Browns: brought to your by MRSA

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Rooster Brooster posted:

I had forgotten about the Cleveland Browns: brought to your by MRSA

Looks like I was wrong, I was confusing him with LeCharles Bentley.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Hey now, the Bucs also had a MRSA outbreak!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Docjowles posted:

I had the game on because I’m a degenerate and of course my kids came in right as the ref is spitting blood. They asked if anyone has ever intentionally hurt a ref. I can’t think of anything? Probably because even the most psychotic player realizes his career would instantly be over and he could catch criminal charges. Maybe some old timey maniac from like 1948?

I was thinking of Davante Adams shoving that dude over after a game but that was a camera man or something not an official.

If a QB just decided to drill a ref with a pass, how hard would it be to determine intent?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

Hey now, the Bucs also had a MRSA outbreak!

The Browns had so many that you had to wonder if they weren't just intentionally doing it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Incitatus posted:

Javisst. Det finns en svensk nfl studio. The 1 o'clock games are broadcast from a sports package, but the 4 o'clock/night games are on regular tv stations. Early game has Swedish commentators and the later games are usually just a direct American broadcast (I forget if the 4 o'clock games are Swedish/English) :abrathink:

The most times I've heard "dumt" outside of a korridorfest.

Yooo tusen takk, I’ll have to check it out!

Black Sunshine posted:

Being a purist, I still can't get over Dak using anesthesia for tattoos so it's easy to hate on him and being a Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

Lmfao he did what???

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yooo tusen takk, I’ll have to check it out!

Lmfao he did what???

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10088708-cowboys-dak-prescott-reveals-he-was-sedated-for-11-hours-while-getting-leg-tattoo

Weak as gently caress IMO

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bruh for a leg?? Other than the shins that’s ezpz. What a huge baby

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

If a QB just decided to drill a ref with a pass, how hard would it be to determine intent?

If it's Mahomes? Pretty easy. He did it on purpose because the ball is going where he wants it to go. If it's Zach Wilson? Who the gently caress knows what he was trying to do?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I didn’t know it was for a leg. this man is not a winner

I'd rather be sedated for like days 7-9 when it's itchy as gently caress

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

I have a calf/shin tat that took 7 hours to complete and I sat the whole session. What a wimp.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHTPrE3055g&t=80s

Please change the thread title to "Unfortunately, I had to take those ankles"

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

trilljester posted:

I have a calf/shin tat that took 7 hours to complete and I sat the whole session. What a wimp.

The point isn’t pain management. The point is that instead of laying down bored for 11 hours, he gets to fast travel to a completed tattoo.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, it's understandable. The part I never got was why he insisted on getting the full tattoo done over the one day/11 hours rather than spread it out over a week with like 2 hours a day, but if you're going to get it all at once and be stuck there for 11 hours, yeah take a nap and make sure you're actually out for most of it. Made sense then, makes sense now

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The point isn’t pain management. The point is that instead of laying down bored for 11 hours, he gets to fast travel to a completed tattoo.

that is even more lame

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I am pro Dak speed running his tat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

They should have just played a Thursday Night Football game for him and he'd have been out in no time.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

If it's in live play the ref has to take it on the chin, though if the ball comes off a ref in the field of play it's still live and can be picked off etc. There was a hs game where a kicker scored a field goal by banking it off the umpires head

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MikeCrotch posted:

If it's in live play the ref has to take it on the chin, though if the ball comes off a ref in the field of play it's still live and can be picked off etc. There was a hs game where a kicker scored a field goal by banking it off the umpires head

Not completely related to the question at hand, but there was a trick play a couple/few years ago in college someone ran where the punter just booted it to his gunner behind the line of scrimmage. Which makes it legal to advance the ball and get a first down.

Always want to see that one come back again somewhere.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Dak's so badass that the pedestrian physical risks of a giant tattoo weren't enough and he needed to roll the dice on anesthesia just for the danger thrill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m just jealous Dak’s skin could take so much at once, I got my half sleeve done in a cumulative 7 hours over two consecutive days but had to stop because my skin was too irritated for the guy to keep working, had to schedule a 3rd session to finish it up