Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skip is lesser without Shannon Sharpe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I imagine an NFL QB is pretty busy and he just wanted to get it done asap :shrug:

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

I remember seeing photos, and yeah it seemed more like a speed thing, he had at least 2 artists working on it simultaneously.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah when you’re that rich your time is what’s most important to you, why sit around a tattoo shop when you can pay to get it done instantly

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
it isn't instant, it took the same amount of time to tattoo as if he was awake, only it took longer when you figure in administration and recovery time. that doesn't make any sense, at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

maybe if he spent those 11 hours watching film he wouldn't will have had lost in the divisional round again this year

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

indigi posted:

maybe if he spent those 11 hours watching film he wouldn't will have had lost in the divisional round again this year

If Dak had spent as much time studying the playbook as he does sleeping he'd have won a Super Bowl by now.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Boomers die, but their embarrassing spirit shall live on

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I love how TFF turns into the ProFootballTalk comment section once someone mentions the Cowboys

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's strange that Purdy is still getting such strong MVP hype when we have a clear case study that the offense is trash without Williams and Deebo and a healthy(ish) CMC. it'd be one thing if the offense was ok but unspectacular on that losing skid, but they played like doodoo butter. he's obviously one of the main contributors, but based on how terrible the offense looked idk how you can argue he's the most valuable player on that unit, let alone in the league

if Purdy wins it over CMC it'll be more fraudulent than Embiid's MVP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

I hate how TFF turns into the ProFootballTalk comment section once someone mentions the Cowboys

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

AndrewP posted:

I love how TFF turns into the ProFootballTalk comment section once someone mentions the Cowboys

If you don't hate the Cowboys then you're part of the problem

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
At least we can all agree that getting a tattoo is no kind of accomplishment and complaining about anyone else's tattoo method is fake tough guy poo poo.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

indigi posted:

it isn't instant, it took the same amount of time to tattoo as if he was awake, only it took longer when you figure in administration and recovery time. that doesn't make any sense, at all

Maybe it's easier for him to just take a whole day and do it rather than schedule four 2 hour sessions idk. Anyway this is one of the stupidest topics ever and I feel bad for contributing to it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it isn't about tough guy poo poo, obviously he did it to "save time"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

it isn't about tough guy poo poo, obviously he did it to "save time"

It's more a question of who gives a poo poo in general

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Cowboys haven’t been worth hating since the 90s

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

indigi posted:

idk how you can argue he's the most valuable player on that unit, let alone in the league

I can: he's the quarterback.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

tinstaach posted:

Brock Purdys aren't always the best

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

It's more a question of who gives a poo poo in general

Well, to be perfectly honest, the fact of the matter is that it's an out-of-the-ordinary thing he did, which makes it fun to tease him about. I don't actually believe that it reflects on Dak's character in any way, that it's indicative of his level of "toughness" (the man unflinchingly makes throws with Nick Bosa or Hassan Reddick running at him full speed, after all) or dedication (he's an NFL QB, a high level of dedication is a prerequisite), or that it has any predictive quality regarding his future playoff performance. And I’m just guessing here, but I'd imagine it's much the same for everyone else who is ragging on him about his tattoo.

Dak is a very good quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, but he also has multiple failed playoff runs and embarrassing games, so he is always going to be mocked (teased, trolled, etc.) at any opportunity. Remember, it was much the same for Tony Romo! It's just people being silly, and having a good time. As a bonus, it clearly touches a nerve among some posters in here, so that provides even more incentive to clown on Dakota Prescott. But I don't mean anything by it. It's just a bit of fooling around.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

indigi posted:

it's strange that Purdy is still getting such strong MVP hype when we have a clear case study that the offense is trash without Williams and Deebo and a healthy(ish) CMC.

Let's not forget that in three losses, the first was against a really good defense and we win with a made field goal. The other two he was concussed, of course he played like poo poo. Shanahan shares some of the blame because the scheme in those two games wasn't up to par, but Purdy wasn't going to be on-point for either.

Officially he had cleared concussion protocols the day before the Bengals game, but if you watch the tape he clearly wasn't at 100%.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tinstaach posted:

I'd fully agree for 31 teams, but as we've seen those are kinda interchangeable in a Shanahan offense. the man took Jimmy G to the superbowl once and the NFCCG twice. he made what's his name, Mullens, look like a slightly below-average starter for a good chunk of season. if Purdy was out for a few games, I'd expect the offense to perform better than it did during that losing streak

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I take tattoos incredibly seriously and will fist fight random strangers on the street if I even suspect that they broke any rules like using numbing cream, anesthesia or getting a tattoo "for fun" and not because the art itself has such a deep personal meaning to you that merely catching a glance in the mirror causes you to weep uncontrollably.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mllaneza posted:

Let's not forget that in three losses, the first was against a really good defense and we win with a made field goal. The other two he was concussed, of course he played like poo poo. Shanahan shares some of the blame because the scheme in those two games wasn't up to par, but Purdy wasn't going to be on-point for either.

Officially he had cleared concussion protocols the day before the Bengals game, but if you watch the tape he clearly wasn't at 100%.

for sure, and I remember against Minnesota he got unlucky with some balls that in other weeks usually just fall incomplete rather than being picked. just to reiterate I’m not saying he's bad or mid or whatever, he's clearly been a good to very good starter for the past calendar year. I’m just nitpicking at the margins because that's what you do with MVP candidates, they're all gonna be very good

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

indigi posted:

I’m just nitpicking at the margins because that's what you do with MVP candidates, they're all gonna be very good

Cool. Watch some tape breakdowns, he looks even better on film than on the stat sheet.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I have! :)

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

indigi posted:

letting his super bowl winning coach down again

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Didn’t we already have a dumb slap fight about Daks tattoo a few weeks ago?

Who gives a gently caress. The important thing to remember is he is a choke artist, the cowboys will never have post season success with him, and we should all be thankful that this how Jerry is wasting his twilight years.

gently caress the cowboys.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns have a winning record despite a rotating cast of jag qbs and their best offensive player betting dead. Myles Garrett is the mvp

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

D'ak!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/TCL_USA/status/1728203951106052558

And THAT'S why you get lawyers to write the fine print.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The Browns have a winning record despite a rotating cast of jag qbs and their best offensive player betting dead. Myles Garrett is the mvp

Honestly kinda hoping he gets it. A defense player hasn't gotten one since LT.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shindragon posted:

This is his best shot, none of the QBs are putting up anything crazy right now so if he doesn’t get it now it’s never happening

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
He'll need to break the sack record, but he's already on pace to do that. Just gotta keep it up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

indigi posted:

Well, to be perfectly honest, the fact of the matter is that it's an out-of-the-ordinary thing he did, which makes it fun to tease him about. I don't actually believe that it reflects on Dak's character in any way, that it's indicative of his level of "toughness" (the man unflinchingly makes throws with Nick Bosa or Hassan Reddick running at him full speed, after all) or dedication (he's an NFL QB, a high level of dedication is a prerequisite), or that it has any predictive quality regarding his future playoff performance. And I’m just guessing here, but I'd imagine it's much the same for everyone else who is ragging on him about his tattoo.

Dak is a very good quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, but he also has multiple failed playoff runs and embarrassing games, so he is always going to be mocked (teased, trolled, etc.) at any opportunity. Remember, it was much the same for Tony Romo! It's just people being silly, and having a good time. As a bonus, it clearly touches a nerve among some posters in here, so that provides even more incentive to clown on Dakota Prescott. But I don't mean anything by it. It's just a bit of fooling around.

it's more that we've had tattoo talk months ago, and there are bigger non-football embarrassing moments that Dak has committed, such as donating a million dollars to "educating police" or whatever in the face of their bullshit

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Nov 25, 2023

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

I had the game on because I’m a degenerate and of course my kids came in right as the ref is spitting blood. They asked if anyone has ever intentionally hurt a ref. I can’t think of anything? Probably because even the most psychotic player realizes his career would instantly be over and he could catch criminal charges. Maybe some old timey maniac from like 1948?

I was thinking of Davante Adams shoving that dude over after a game but that was a camera man or something not an official.

Baseball umpires occasionally catch strays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GaW8vvyrW4

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Shindragon posted:

I’m still mad QAaron won it in 2014 over JJ Watt

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Woozie66 posted:

He'll need to break the sack record, but he's already on pace to do that. Just gotta keep it up.

take his car keys away from him.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is there another draft class that within 4 years had produced 1/3 of the best 12 QBs in the league as it looks like the 2020 class has?

I guess the 1983 class is the closest but I don’t know if Ken O’Brien ever got there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

TheBizzness posted:

Is there another draft class that within 4 years had produced 1/3 of the best 12 QBs in the league as it looks like the 2020 class has?

I guess the 1983 class is the closest but I don’t know if Ken O’Brien ever got there.

The only other draft class that could potentially contend to '83 or '20 is the '04 class, and Schaub only had a couple seasons of being legitimately good.