Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/JayCuda/status/1727431198333706280

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Some of you will see that final score only, not having been able to see the game, and assume that it was close or ever at any point competitive

I assure you it wasn't

The first quarter ended 20-3 Packers.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Dak usually saves his best performances for the playoffs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Somehow Skip and SAS indirectly still trolling each other through tweets about the Cowboys after all these years never gets old to me.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

indigi posted:

maybe if he spent those 11 hours watching film he wouldn't will have had lost in the divisional round again this year

If Dak had spent as much time studying the playbook as he does sleeping he'd have won a Super Bowl by now.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Problem is not only would Allen need to have a monster final few games, he'd also need the likes of (in no particular order) Stroud, Jackson, Tua, Hurts, Purdy, and even Garrett to fall off down the stretch, since they've all looked much better than Allen overall so far this season.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Leads the league in passing yards and sacks, also one of only a handful of QBs to actually start every game this season.

I still don't know what the hell to make of the Commies offense.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

If the postseason mattered Rodgers wouldn't have 4 MVPs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

kalensc posted:

I usually defend your posting Kawa, but come on, there's a difference between highlighting specific shortcomings on the field, and generic unsubstantiated doomposting.

Your Lamar-led squad is being pursued by Kenny, DTR, and Browning. Harbs and the ghost of Dean Pees aren't going to gently caress this up, barring more calamitous injuries to Jackson and others.

I'd still say Huntley is better than the rest of those QBs.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

It is about to be December. The Denver Broncos are in playoff contention; the Buffalo Bills are not

Who would've guessed after Week 3 or so that by this point in the season the Broncos would have a better record than the Bills?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

I don't really have much confidence in the Ravens getting past the divisional round in the playoffs though. We just have too many weaknesses. No real gamebreaking WR though Flowers has his moments. Our best hope is Andrews can come back although I did like some of the plays Likely made early on. The biggest problem is Ronnie Stanley he just seems to get worse and worse every week.

Honestly the Ravens seem to have less flaws than the other AFC contenders. Not that they're immune to losing to the other teams, but I do think they have the edge in reaching the Super Bowl right now.

Of course, it's all about whether the Ravens can take advantage of those other teams' weaknesses, and I guess that will fall to Jim Harbaugh, so...I kinda get your pessimism there.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

kalensc posted:

You want to know what is absurd?

Buffalo is currently 6-6 with a +101 point differential. So their net record is 0 despite the +101 in points.

In terms of W-L, they are behind 9 squads in the AFC.

6 of those 9 clubs are the 8-3 Jaguars, 7-4 Steelers, 7-4 Browns, 6-5 Colts, 6-5 Texans, and 6-5 Broncos.

Those 6 clubs currently have a net record of +14 wins, and a point differential of only +30!

It's a funny sport.

So basically they blow out bad teams but struggle against good teams.

They really are the AFC Cowboys, just without the rings.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Use of quarters coverage has been rising in recent years, allowing a lot of underneath routes to eat. We’re in the dink and dunk age.

Tom Brady suddenly shoots up from bed in a cold sweat and doesn't know why.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Look, Fields may have been bad earlier this season but he's since really learned a lot from UDFA Tyson Bagent.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Nervous posted:

:mad:

Game Leaders
Passing Yards
D. Carr
OAK
D. Carr
40-59, 513 YDS, 4 TD

https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/400874561

I remember watching that game on RedZone, wasn't that the one where the Raiders set a record for most penalties committed in a game?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The interesting question is, who would gamble on Fields? Falcons seem like an ideal landing spot with a lot of offensive weapons (depending on if Smith is still there of course), might be worth a try on the Seahawks and Raiders, could draw interest from the Steelers, Giants, Commanders, and Vikings depending on how they feel about their QBs. Jets and Browns would be good candidates but lol those franchises are kinda hosed as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Kurgarra Queen posted:

Yeah, you definitely don’t want to bet on Fields being anything more than that: historically bets like that almost never pan out!

The keyword being "almost", because you know every coach and GM are thinking, "We are good enough to turn Fields into the next Josh Allen!"