Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Bip Roberts posted:

They read this post out loud in the locker room before the game.

thats bulletin board material RIGHT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Mystic Stylez posted:

great effort by the Ravens defense

yeah seriously. thats one of those games where you appreciate the balance on the team. i love harbaugh but man that was some awful coaching. just dogshit refereeing all around, against the chargers obviously, but also on some of those spots for the ravens.

its definitely a win you'll appreciate given the upcoming schedule.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

two times they clearly got the first down and they run hurry up instead of taking a look at it. wildcat on 4th down where gus edwards is like 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage. just some weird sloppy decisions

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

To be fair I’m also not as sharp when returning to work after Thanksgiving

that reminds me that i should probably open a jira ticket tonight (before i go to sleep) for poo poo we have to deploy to production sometime this week. but i think i will continue to drink beers and wild turkey instead

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

gently caress JIRA

gently caress atlassian. all of it. how is this somehow the only documentation software that exists

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Freaquency posted:

They do, which is why both of those spots and the lateral challenge were so brain-breaking

hes usually really good about this poo poo too! i think there was some thought process about getting into a hurry up or they liked(?) the way the chargers defense lined up or the playcall (which is extra stupid cause i didnt like either 4th down playcalls).

i dont want to be too negative. its a huge win before the bye. the chargers are a way better team than the record suggests, and you dont want to lose this game and sit at the 4th seed or something and look back at this game, along with the colts/steelers/browns and think 'huh, you should probably win the games in which your favored'. the defense balled out and the offense did what they needed. its also nice to see them play a game where they gently caress up and not fall apart afterwards.

also maryland poo poo on rutgers. lfg.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Zurreco posted:

Imagine rooting for the Chargers.

This post was made by a Bears fan.

here is a funny post for someone to chew at from the sbnation postgame stuff:

(Edited)
I was begging for them to pick Zay, too. I wonder though, had the tables flipped and the Chargers picked Zay, and the Ravens picked QJ, would Zay have underachieved and the Ravens made QJ a success?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the ravens, well known for taking any wr and turning them into a gamefucker

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Hamhandler posted:

The transcripts are getting at what I was thinking

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/what-chargers-said-loss-ravens-week-12-2023

I don't know if the solution is adding more blockers, against a package like that they've almost certainly got checks so they're bringing an extra guy for every guy you block.

yeah more blockers doesn't necessarily help, just the placement. two DTs are dropping out so now at least a center and a guard are kind of left with nothing to do. they're not magically gonna pull over on a CB blitz. its one of those where you need to move a TE/RB over if you want more blocking. otherwise you identify that guy as a blitzer and should have that WR's route open immediately. the problem just comes from when the DB blitzing would've been the one covering like the 3rd read or a longer route

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trilljester posted:

Didn't watch MNF tonight. Was it as bad as the final score?

it was as everyone could see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

mllaneza posted:

If you hate defensive play, then yes.

idk, i think that game was mostly offensive play