Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

George Kittle deserves one of those medals Biden gives out to people who do good in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

really queer Christmas posted:

Awful day of football, good job everyone

niners completely disagree but 1/3 is a failing grade yeah

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dutchy posted:

I agree with CMC 4 MVP but I don't know why people keep talking like the Niners offense turned into the Jets during the losing streak. The Browns game was ugly (in part because the conditions were awful but still, definitely the worst offensive game of the season) but they were perfectly fine against the Bengals and Vikings. They averaged like 7 yards per play across those two games, they just shot themselves in each foot and then the head with turnovers. And of course turnovers are extremely bad but I think a rash of mistakes is a lot different than actually just being trash and unable to move the ball. Trent and Deebo own but I don't think they change that or the defense's inability to get off the field in those games, and that's what killed the Niners October.

e: it is funny how MVP talk works though, I thought Purdy was a lot worse against Seattle than he was against, say, the Bengals but they won against Seattle so he's back in the MVP chase whereas the Bengals exposed him and it's Darnold time

Think of those three games like this:

Purdy had the game winning drive vs the browns. Kicker missed.

Kirk Cousins and Joe Burrow had like career games vs the niners defense. Hard to come back from that.

Dunno if he's MVP worthy though. He needs a few more completely dominant wins this year to get into that conversation.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

wilderthanmild posted:

He also threw for only 125 yards and had only a 44% completion rate. He looked awful that game.

Moody makes it and it's "Purdy pulled it together when it mattered."

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah there are a handful of QBs that are in the running and the one that has the best December probably takes it.

Or CMC if they feel spicy.