Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

EmbryoSteve posted:

Running from the shotgun on 4th & 1 gets what it deserves

the Commanders kept doing this on 3/1 and 4/1 too, idk what these coaches are thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

Being a purist, I still can't get over Dak using anesthesia for tattoos so it's easy to hate on him and being a Cowboy is just icing on the cake.

it's why he isn't a champion

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I didn’t know it was for a leg. this man is not a winner

I'd rather be sedated for like days 7-9 when it's itchy as gently caress

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

The point isn’t pain management. The point is that instead of laying down bored for 11 hours, he gets to fast travel to a completed tattoo.

that is even more lame

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it isn't instant, it took the same amount of time to tattoo as if he was awake, only it took longer when you figure in administration and recovery time. that doesn't make any sense, at all

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

maybe if he spent those 11 hours watching film he wouldn't will have had lost in the divisional round again this year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's strange that Purdy is still getting such strong MVP hype when we have a clear case study that the offense is trash without Williams and Deebo and a healthy(ish) CMC. it'd be one thing if the offense was ok but unspectacular on that losing skid, but they played like doodoo butter. he's obviously one of the main contributors, but based on how terrible the offense looked idk how you can argue he's the most valuable player on that unit, let alone in the league

if Purdy wins it over CMC it'll be more fraudulent than Embiid's MVP

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it isn't about tough guy poo poo, obviously he did it to "save time"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

It's more a question of who gives a poo poo in general

Well, to be perfectly honest, the fact of the matter is that it's an out-of-the-ordinary thing he did, which makes it fun to tease him about. I don't actually believe that it reflects on Dak's character in any way, that it's indicative of his level of "toughness" (the man unflinchingly makes throws with Nick Bosa or Hassan Reddick running at him full speed, after all) or dedication (he's an NFL QB, a high level of dedication is a prerequisite), or that it has any predictive quality regarding his future playoff performance. And I’m just guessing here, but I'd imagine it's much the same for everyone else who is ragging on him about his tattoo.

Dak is a very good quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, but he also has multiple failed playoff runs and embarrassing games, so he is always going to be mocked (teased, trolled, etc.) at any opportunity. Remember, it was much the same for Tony Romo! It's just people being silly, and having a good time. As a bonus, it clearly touches a nerve among some posters in here, so that provides even more incentive to clown on Dakota Prescott. But I don't mean anything by it. It's just a bit of fooling around.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

tinstaach posted:

I can: he's the quarterback.

I'd fully agree for 31 teams, but as we've seen those are kinda interchangeable in a Shanahan offense. the man took Jimmy G to the superbowl once and the NFCCG twice. he made what's his name, Mullens, look like a slightly below-average starter for a good chunk of season. if Purdy was out for a few games, I'd expect the offense to perform better than it did during that losing streak

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mllaneza posted:

Let's not forget that in three losses, the first was against a really good defense and we win with a made field goal. The other two he was concussed, of course he played like poo poo. Shanahan shares some of the blame because the scheme in those two games wasn't up to par, but Purdy wasn't going to be on-point for either.

Officially he had cleared concussion protocols the day before the Bengals game, but if you watch the tape he clearly wasn't at 100%.

for sure, and I remember against Minnesota he got unlucky with some balls that in other weeks usually just fall incomplete rather than being picked. just to reiterate I’m not saying he's bad or mid or whatever, he's clearly been a good to very good starter for the past calendar year. I’m just nitpicking at the margins because that's what you do with MVP candidates, they're all gonna be very good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I have! :)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd give it another season before judging, if he leaves after next season in FA it's arguable since you only got two years from him on (what would be equivalent to) his rookie deal. but if he sticks around for a few years, competent starting QB play from the back end of the first draft is by no means a bust

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

two things I’m seeing from multiple offenses every week that are driving me crazy:

1) forcing WR screens several times a week when they never work due to terrible blocking (this complaint is specific to teams like the Bears and Ravens who can't seem to block these plays for poo poo, though in general WR screens don't work more than once per game so going back to them all the time is weird)

2) teams lining up in shotgun on 3rd or 4th and 1. you're limiting your options completely unnecessarily coming out in shotgun. and even worse, coaches will call designed QB runs out of this look. I hate it so much and love it when teams fail to convert.

Kawalimus posted:

^^Why not just let discussions that don't involve you play out, and just ignore them if they don't interest you or start some other discussion.

TELL THEIR ASSES

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's not even just draws, I've seen runs to the outside!!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Sounds like a leadership problem

kinda yeah, leaders get their followers to listen

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

hey the Jonestown basketball team all made it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

there's a chance the team is so poorly coached that they didn’t know what he was talking about

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

aren't big chunk/"explosive" plays way down this year or did I make that up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m a Seattle fan and that is my concern. A package like the rams 2nd and 3rd might be enough for Fields. McVay is one of the few coaches I think can help salvage Fields. And Fields has so much talent that could be unlocked. I do not want a decade of McVay and Fields making the nfc west even harder to win.

can the Kyle Shanahan offense make use of a running QB? none of his coaching tree have had one afair and not all coaches know how to use those guys, they all seem to use pocket QBs who can do a bootleg or rollout if they need to. I never thought about it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kirios posted:

If I were the Panthers I'd definitely trade Young for Fields straight up.

obviously, why would the Bears want Young though