Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Super Auto Pets is amazing, it's like the only thing I play on my phone. If I had another asynchronous multiplayer game where I could put it down and pick it back up right where I left off at literally any moment, I wouldn't need another game for a long time. I get bored of the weeklies halfway through, but I still play them even after finding the broken combinations of pets. Please no more Leech Camels after this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

This weekly is also really good for Mantis combos.

I wish I knew what to do with Axolotl - but it seems really bad without Turtle. Snapping Turtle's skewer just doesn't seem strong enough.

Koala + Leech + Camel scaled better than anything this week. Actually, last week. This week just started and I don't know what to do yet, but I'm assuming I'll get some wins with a level 3 Hoopoe Bird with a 1-UP.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just remembered this past week was the first in months that I didn't bother to get a win in Super Auto Pets. Did not vibe with the walrus meta at all.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

WarpedLichen posted:

lol Dominions, I mean I love the concept of that game but iirc you script the unit actions on top of picking positioning so I would say it's really stretching the definition there.

Yeah, that last week was rough. I got lucky once with an early Komodo and scaling but there are some metas which seem really difficult. Typically it seems to be sets where late game scaling is present along with a really strong mid game tempo strat. So you either go tempo and get owned late if you can't get 5 wins early or you transition to scaling late and get owned by the people who hit early.

This week sucks too. I heard their idea is that players should have to swap out early pets later. But since a core part of the game is leveling up pets to get early access to a higher tier, it just feels like luck when someone gets an early scaler or something like a turkey. Yes I've been losing to turkeys two rounds early a lot this week.