Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Seaniqua posted:

I've always been partial to the old timey M00N game video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBblg5pdfKo

Presented by five hour energy :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you took the over you're going insane that Iowa has had 2 field goals blocked. This is hilarious

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

DC Murderverse posted:

Hey the most famous person in Iowa going national

...Kim Reynolds?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Seaniqua posted:

...Kim Reynolds?

Caitlin Clark

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Tom Arnold

Candy Darling
Nov 10, 2009
I need help understanding field goal rules.

Can the offense advance a blocked field goal?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

soggybagel posted:

If you took the over you're going insane that Iowa has had 2 field goals blocked. This is hilarious

If you took the over when every other time they've had a record low o/u they've failed to live up to those lofty aspirations, you're getting what you loving deserve.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Candy Darling posted:

I need help understanding field goal rules.

Can the offense advance a blocked field goal?

I was unclear on this, as well. Google says:

quote:

If the ball falls in or behind the neutral zone, it is treated like a fumble and can be advanced by either team. If the ball instead falls forward beyond the neutral zone, it is treated like a missed field goal under the rules explained above.

So that first blocked field goal went quite a bit more forward, which is why the play was over. This one sorta bounced back toward the kicker.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

soggybagel posted:

if you took the over you're challenging forces higher than your understanding.

And we need Iowa to play next week just in case they get their total offense average above 250 to knock that back down

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
hello everybody. Boomer Sooner

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

that should have been targeting on nebraska, yikes

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

checking in on Oklahoma.... WHOA

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Looks like Colorado's win over TCU wasn't so impressive.

Candy Darling
Nov 10, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

I was unclear on this, as well. Google says:

So that first blocked field goal went quite a bit more forward, which is why the play was over. This one sorta bounced back toward the kicker.

Ah I see, thank you.

On the first block yeah, it was tumbling toward the end zone and an Iowa player recovered. Which who cares because play is dead.

I was confused why the second block would be in contention for a touchdown. So if it falls behind LOS it’s just a live ball?

Glad the player who recovered was clearly down anyway.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Candy Darling posted:

So if it falls behind LOS it’s just a live ball?

More or less, although I'm a little fuzzy on what counts as the neutral zone. Like if it bounced backwards 10 yards I have no idea what that would be

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I thought about going to the TTU game but ticket prices are loving outrageous.

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

officials gave an untimed down to Boston College in the Miami game, then reviewed the last play for like 4 minutes, and came back to announce the half was over. Love it.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Dance McPants posted:

officials gave an untimed down to Boston College in the Miami game, then reviewed the last play for like 4 minutes, and came back to announce the half was over. Love it.

my favorite version of this is when a ref has to awkwardly announce the game is over, bonus points if there are already fans on the field

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’ve rapidly become anti-review over the past few years. gently caress it. Let ref error stand in the name of gameplay flow.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

if a crowd boos loud enough, the previous call should be reversed

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I thought Iowa was supposed to be good in the kicking game

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

A+ to those guys wearing "punts" shirts

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Gonna need them Punts shirts

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Punts

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao the broadcast is now flipping back to the Punts Guys every 4th down

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"it's a win for punts"

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Punts Guys are the MVPs of this entire season

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

lmao the broadcast is now flipping back to the Punts Guys every 4th down

they know who’s watching

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

they know who’s watching

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I want to see a team with Iowa’s defense and USC’s offense. That would be awesome.

Might even be good enough to beat Georgia.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Why is Iowa playing an olineman at qb?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

downout posted:

Why is Iowa playing an olineman at qb?

McNamara got hurt

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao Hill's last 10 pass attempts graphic

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
I guess it would be nice for Nebraska fans who are typically pretty ok to go to a bowl game.

Also, Iowa losing this game and then beating Michigan or Ohio State would be fantastic.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

I demand to see the Punts guys

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I don’t really comprehend how it would be possible for this Iowa team to beat either tOSU or Michigan

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don’t really comprehend how it would be possible for this Iowa team to beat either tOSU or Michigan

Quality puntin.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

siriuslysomething posted:

I guess it would be nice for Nebraska fans who are typically pretty ok

I appreciate this sentiment and the Nebraska fans here are chill, but if we were any good at all our fanbase is just as obnoxious and entitled as Michigan

edit: there is no good fanbase except for LSU baseball

downout
Jul 6, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Well you see, it involves a foot gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

siriuslysomething posted:

I guess it would be nice for Nebraska fans who are typically pretty ok to go to a bowl game.

Also, Iowa losing this game and then beating Michigan or Ohio State would be fantastic.

I'm so disappointed we lost to Wisconsin. Had we won, there was a good chance they'd be playing in the Guaranteed Rate bowl in Phoenix.