Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

my personal favorite is Perfect Dark. range in that game had a lot of variation to account for the abilities of the different weapons, with 3 different challenges per weapon, and made you use both the main and alt fire modes to learn how to use them best. it was also really tough, so you had to get very good at aiming quickly and switching modes where applicable to clear the gold medal challenges

Resident Evil 4 was pretty fun too. more arcadey and goofy with the pop-up ganado cut-outs and salazar sliding by in the background. nice little break from the usual flow of the game to pop in and shoot some targets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

timesplitters has ok ones but shooting ranges are generally not super fun to me

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Perfect Dark had a great one, yeah, and it was made even better by being able to unlock goldeneye weapons by doing well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mgs4 had a very cool like VR room with ranges digitally making up the floor and it accounted for all sorts of different stats like bullet speed and penetration

that game had crazy deep mechanics for having 3 hours of actual gameplay lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Jak II had a pretty good one, even if it wasn't a true shooting range because you still had to move through it.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Link’s Crossbow Training

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hot Dogs and Hand Grenades. It’s a VR range and I liked to get drunk and pretend I was a MGS boss with dual grenade launchers that shot flares but I was so good from using rocket propelled smoke grenades to team kill allied soldiers during whatever war Bad Company 2 is supposed to be + child abuse/infant soldier style psychosis made me a force to be reckoned with.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Every level in all 3 Point Blank games.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Point Blank kicks rear end

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

my personal favorite is Perfect Dark. range in that game had a lot of variation to account for the abilities of the different weapons, with 3 different challenges per weapon, and made you use both the main and alt fire modes to learn how to use them best. it was also really tough, so you had to get very good at aiming quickly and switching modes where applicable to clear the gold medal challenges

Resident Evil 4 was pretty fun too. more arcadey and goofy with the pop-up ganado cut-outs and salazar sliding by in the background. nice little break from the usual flow of the game to pop in and shoot some targets

Perfect dark shooting range is godlike. That game had an insane amount of content on the cart

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Police Trainer was a pretty sweet arcade shooting range game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Hot Dogs and Hand Grenades. It’s a VR range and I liked to get drunk and pretend I was a MGS boss with dual grenade launchers that shot flares but I was so good from using rocket propelled smoke grenades to team kill allied soldiers during whatever war Bad Company 2 is supposed to be + child abuse/infant soldier style psychosis made me a force to be reckoned with.

im never going to forget you looking down the barrel of a gun to see if it was loaded

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Games where you can shoot the range officer and end up in jail. Off the top of my head America’s Army and…CoD 1 maybe?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

Games where you can shoot the range officer and end up in jail. Off the top of my head America’s Army and…CoD 1 maybe?

Epic Sane Veteran Gaming.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The RE4 remake's range was a really fun improvement on the original. Quick-swapping weapons adds a puzzle element where you have to figure out which weapon is best for which set of targets, and by the last range you're switching between 4 weapons on the fly and just barely keeping up. It's challenging and just has a fun vibe between the remixed music from the original game's opening cutscene and having Ashley or Luis cheer you on.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

im never going to forget you looking down the barrel of a gun to see if it was loaded

lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

peace walker pooyan

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Martman posted:

Police Trainer was a pretty sweet arcade shooting range game

oh yeah I remember this one

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

picos school LOL [50 different youtube videos of fat men laughing outrageously in their cars]

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongicus posted:

picos school LOL [50 different youtube videos of fat men laughing outrageously in their cars]

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Kazvall posted:

Every level in all 3 Point Blank games.

these and perfect dark are god tier

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Dongicus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-xkwQ0AacE&t=20s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I didn't realize that video said the nword 400 times. I thought it was the normal footage of Chris Dorner's Doom style Rampage. My bad.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I didn't realize that video said the nword 400 times. I thought it was the normal footage of Chris Dorner's Doom style Rampage. My bad.

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I didn't do my homework & I will face the consequences.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao

----------------

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*posts a video where the thumbnail has shrek in Garry's Mod with his balls inflated but dick very tiny with a swastika on each nut* I'm sorry, oh my god. This was supposed to be about a killing spree.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*posts a video where the thumbnail has shrek in Garry's Mod with his balls inflated but dick very tiny with a swastika on each nut* I'm sorry, oh my god. This was supposed to be about a killing spree.

That thumbnail is Doomguy pointing his gun at Charlie Sheen. Don't act like you wouldn't play something like that live on twitch.tv promo code #FACTOR

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Speaking of, FACTOR is by FAR the BEST ingredient delivery style service on the market. Fresh, NEVER frozen meals, brought to your door. Oh, and the best part?? No food waste. Each Factor Meal is designed to be SUPER small, so you're still hungry afterwards. After all -- we Gamers need that Hunger to keep us GRINDING!

Factor.com/sweepsteaks

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

12x12 JPEG of Charlie Sheen: Christopher Dorner. Call me. We can work this out.

lmfao