Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'll join any cult that will pay my bills

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

How about Rod of Iron, the spinoff of Moonies/the Unification Church started by Moon's son in Pennsylvania.

They worship the AR-15 as religious iconography and an instrument of God's will, and the leader, Hyung Jin Moon, wears a crown of bullets. They're encouraged to bring their AR-15s to church services so the guns can be blessed.

Also they participated in Jan 6th lol

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AA is kind of a step above other cults because there's no specific deity you need to worship, you have to find "your god" but that can be yourself, or movies, or art or whatever. It's just about finding one thing in your life and putting a lot of importance on it, and using it as a reason not to relapse.

There might be some hella culty AA groups that make you worship a specific god though.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sects Education

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

Girl you gon think,
Girl you gon think,
Girl you gon think, you gon think I invented Sects

I laugh every time I hear that song because it's like saying "yeah I know I'm really bad at this I'm the first person to ever do it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I bet most JWs have never even witnessed Jehova