Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
The guys upstairs are making the big moves again. I've survived many mergers in my time at this company but they're calling this one "The Widowmaker" which, I must admit, has me scared. I regulate the particle composition of the Boss's Orgone Chrysalis and the thing's brain is now maturing to a point where it can run itself. I tell the boss that I still need to jerk the thing off daily to expunge his "aged" particles from the system after his session, but that's a lie. The chrysalis figured out how to do that too. Besides, when he finds out the parent company has a younger, hotter shineboy, I'm hosed. Basically what I'm asking is should I start stealing office supplies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
you haven't already been stealin them? smh

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Always steal from work, op

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How long do you spend thinking about these reports

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

It's finally time to merge the lesser subforums with GBS

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think anything that delivers better value to our shareholders should be celebrated in the best interests of the capital class and if this negatively impacts some of us workers then it's really our privilege to help

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Mozi posted:

i think anything that delivers better value to our shareholders should be celebrated in the best interests of the capital class and if this negatively impacts some of us workers then it's really our privilege to help

I work weekends and holidays to ensure our live services remain stable. I've logged more JIRA tickets than anyone in LiveOps. I bet your rear end goes home at 5:30 :smug:

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

*Tapping papers on desk*

Okay, so we're all agreed the first two out the door are Mozi and Sourdough Sam, right? Okay, I'll page security.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Merger? I hardly know her! The last thing this new entity needs to deal with is a sexual harassment lawsuit liability

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

We better hit our quarterly numbers is all I'm saying.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
doing to be a lot of new synergies in this new paradigm shift,

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

My replacement is being grown in a vat as we speak. I'm told the new model will actually finish his annual self reviews on time.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
It will add value.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Time_pants posted:

*Tapping papers on desk*

Okay, so we're all agreed the first two out the door are Mozi and Sourdough Sam, right? Okay, I'll page security.

me and my family thank you for the opportunity to serve

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

These idiots don't know what they are doing. How did they buy US?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Sourdough Sam posted:

My replacement is being grown in a vat as we speak. I'm told the new model will actually finish his annual self reviews on time.

I think you're supposed to check ur balls for cancer more often than once a year

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the new logo looks like a toilet, who designed this?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
big merger of Piss and poo poo

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Not gonna lie, I'm scared. I applied to Good Posts™ last year and was rejected (they were right). Now we're merging with their parent company?!

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Here's some advice my father gave me after he went through his first big merger. "The other guy doing your job can't be better at it if he's dead." It's served me well throughout the years.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

poo poo on the clock more.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
in soviet russia clock shits on you

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think the big merger is fake and gay.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I heard this was the place for some office supplies?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
boss makes a dollar
i make a dime
thats why i poo poo in cube 29

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
They’re not going to fire me. I’m the only one who knows how to work the coffee machine.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
bad news. they got rid of the coffee machine and installed one of those brewing vending machines

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Dial A For Awesome posted:

They’re not going to fire me. I’m the only one who knows how to work the coffee machine.

Oh no! The new owners are British and are introducing a new “tea only” policy.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hey op, why do they call it the windowmaker?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Can I just burst into the shareholders' meeting and declare a hostile takeover? Is that how that works?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
you have to steal the ceo's desk. that makes you the new ceo

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
All I care about is line go up.

Did line go up?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

Buce posted:

hey op, why do they call it the windowmaker?

Most of the particulars are still under NDA but it involves redundant employees bearing hundreds of spider eggs as part of their severance.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

HR said we're not supposed to say "widowmaker" anymore on account of what happened to Diane's husband.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Listen: upper management knows they're getting the axe and poo poo rolls downhill. Grab all you can, because if you don't, Steve will...

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
wait til theyre cleaning out the cubicles and they find melvin's piss bottle stash

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
heh, merge. m-e-r-g-e

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

20 Blunts posted:

heh, merge. m-e-r-g-e

That spells Moon

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
watch out im mergin here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Beefed Owl posted:

All I care about is line go up.

Did line go up?

Line went up until day 69 on Q3, when it went way down. Then it went up again.

Now, if you will turn to page 278 of your employment contract, note that the final day of the year for determining your annual bonus is...