Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
does he say sacrebleu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's very silly that people can still get let down by historical inaccuracies in a Ridley Scott movies of all things, but I expected his take to be a bit more interesting than what sounds like recycled anglo stuff and psychosexual drama. Give me something wild.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Toplowtech posted:

In 1814, after Napoleon first exile, the duke of Wellington was directed by the British government to acquire a building in Paris so they could have an ambassady. The problem is that a poo poo ton of nobles were back in Paris with the Bourbons, all buying private hotels and the prices of real estate were going insane.

Then he mets the pretty Pauline Borghese, the french wife of a Roman noble. She even sells him her really good hotel, not far from the Elyssé for 250k+ pounds. Expensive but not that bad.

The twist is that she was born Pauline Bonaparte and ran immediatly afterward to Elba with the money, where her brother used it to buy a big boat and a small army. A real genius that Wellington guy.

The napoleonic area is full of insanely great people and wanking over Wellington, bitching over Napoleon and centering everything on his most boring wife is the most british thing one can do.
Grats for a really british movie, i guess.

I should have known that for the price of some Parisian real estate you could buy a whole ship and crew of pirates instead.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

If this ends up getting made I wonder what his take on the guy will be.