Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I recently decided to try and get back into a Good cup of coffee without having to spend a thousand dollars on equipment and poo poo and I got both a French press and a moka pot. I like the moka pot a lot for the coffee it makes, I hate that my 3 cup gets me absolutely heart poundingly wired because I don’t drink much coffee and can’t handle the caffeine.

I just wanted the 3 cup so it wasn’t literally just a shot. I guess it’s time to get a milk foamer now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Pragmatica posted:

finally, off-season officially begins.

The most wonderful time of the year

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Ban this sick filth

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I look forward to rooting for the Andretti Cadillac Formula One motorsports team.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Since this is the consumer thread, I am frustrated that automotive companies no longer make small-form pickup trucks for those of us that are still comfortable with their penile girth and length (or have settled accordingly).

2 door.

6ft bed.

Manual transmission.

A dying breed.

nerox
May 20, 2001

WTFBEES posted:

I look forward to rooting for the Andretti Cadillac Formula One motorsports team.

An Andretti Cadillac Formula One car is going to need its front wing to look like big longhorn steer horns.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cannon_Fodder posted:

Since this is the consumer thread, I am frustrated that automotive companies no longer make small-form pickup trucks for those of us that are still comfortable with their penile girth and length (or have settled accordingly).

2 door.

6ft bed.

Manual transmission.

A dying breed.

The OG Ford Ranger was a beautiful machine

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Cannon_Fodder posted:

2 door.

6ft bed.

Manual transmission.

A dying breed.

They should have kept making the ‘86 Toyota Pickup forever.

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I recently decided to try and get back into a Good cup of coffee without having to spend a thousand dollars on equipment and poo poo and I got both a French press and a moka pot. I like the moka pot a lot for the coffee it makes, I hate that my 3 cup gets me absolutely heart poundingly wired because I don’t drink much coffee and can’t handle the caffeine.

I just wanted the 3 cup so it wasn’t literally just a shot. I guess it’s time to get a milk foamer now.

i bought a one cup coffee maker and buy like one bag of pre-ground beans a month from a good roastery and its pretty good and works for my daily cup, hth

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc

wicka posted:

The OG Ford Ranger was a beautiful machine

Gerblederp posted:

They should have kept making the ‘86 Toyota Pickup forever.

The best.

I settled a few years ago on a 06' reg cab 4 cylinder Colorado, but it's RW only and I live in a frozen shithole for half the year. I wish it was 4wd. Still, super useful and I love it to bits.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

ilmucche posted:

Ban this sick filth

Agreed op, Lance should be banned.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Hello fellow consumers. Are the VAG plug in hybrids any good?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Very mad, I had expected better from a thread elder.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Dictator. posted:

Lots of them are rush job iterations of their ICE models. The Q4, for example, is poo poo.

Oh you said hybrid. For when you want to lug two drivetrains around. They seem a bit pointless unless the goal is to game a tax incentive.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dictator. posted:

May I direct you toward their extremely cool and good 5, 8 and 10 cylinder engines and away from PHEV dogshit?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
so is it gonna be competitive next year because this season was super boring

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

Design by Kamoc
No. Next question.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's gonna be a boring season of McLaren dominance

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

It's gonna be a boring season of McLaren dominance

I've been hearing this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I've been hearing this

Folks are saying it

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

SocksAndSandals posted:

Lando Norris, WDC 2024

&

Ferrari WCC, 2024

:captainpop:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Dictator. posted:

Just buy a Volt

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Yes buy an EV from the company for the long storied history of abruptly pulling support for EV platforms.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I've been F1-curious for a few years now, but it's tough in the US without cable. This year, it was so totally over so early, I couldn't muster the giveafucks to try and watch any of the stateside races or even much clips or commentary.

What I don't get is: how do people stand following sports without a playoff structure (as typical :911: sports have)? I was first trying to pay attention in 2021 with Hamilton and Verstappen down to the wire, which seemed exciting as hell, but that hasn't repeated. What do you do if the competition is literally mathematically decided?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

you suffer with the rest of us

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Post about cast iron

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
nascar has playoffs and from what i can tell even big nascar fans think it sucks rear end and doesn't make any sense, so it sounds perfect for f1

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Double points Abu Dhabi lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

I've been F1-curious for a few years now, but it's tough in the US without cable. This year, it was so totally over so early, I couldn't muster the giveafucks to try and watch any of the stateside races or even much clips or commentary.

What I don't get is: how do people stand following sports without a playoff structure (as typical :911: sports have)? I was first trying to pay attention in 2021 with Hamilton and Verstappen down to the wire, which seemed exciting as hell, but that hasn't repeated. What do you do if the competition is literally mathematically decided?

Playoffs are garbage

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Maybe a better question is how people stay invested following a league like MLS week to week when over half the teams make the playoffs

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Magnetic North posted:

Indulge in dreams of a better, more beautiful world.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Magnetic North posted:

Welcome person who found out about F1 through Netflix

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

marshalljim posted:

Indulge in dreams of a better, more beautiful world.

:alonso:

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Magnetic North posted:

How does a playoff help when one car is so clearly superior to the others? Alternatively, if the season is competitive, why would one need a playoff?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Shitshow posted:

How does a playoff help when one car is so clearly superior to the others? Alternatively, if the season is competitive, why would one need a playoff?

Yeah, that makes sense.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

That season would have owned to watch

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The idea of playoffs is you can eliminate teams. Because one team plays another at a time. Doesn’t work in racing when you need all 20 drivers in the grid for every race or it’s boring. The less cars the more boring f1 is. We’re already suffering from too few cars compared to the best years, especially when anybody could potentially enter with a random car and win vs now the teams literally own the entry list now or some crap and you have to bid to them because they lose marketshare or whatnot. It sucks.

If I had my way we would go back to literally anybody can enter qualifying and if you don’t make the time to be top 20 or top 24 or whatever your grid size is you don’t get to race and it’s as simple as that.

ethanol fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 27, 2023

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Maybe a better question is how people stay invested following a league like MLS week to week when over half the teams make the playoffs

Playoffs are really stupid because unless you are doing some single elimination it largely is going to produce a similar result to the season. It was stupid as hell watching the Blue Jays play extremely mediocre all loving year for a playoff spot that I knew they were going to get knocked out in the first round, what's the loving point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

Playoffs are really stupid because unless you are doing some single elimination it largely is going to produce a similar result to the season. It was stupid as hell watching the Blue Jays play extremely mediocre all loving year for a playoff spot that I knew they were going to get knocked out in the first round, what's the loving point?

on the other hand its extremely funny to watch The Greatest Regular Season Team Of All Time The Boston Bruins get their lives ruined by some poo poo rear end Florida Panthers