Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Magnetic North posted:

I've been F1-curious for a few years now, but it's tough in the US without cable. This year, it was so totally over so early, I couldn't muster the giveafucks to try and watch any of the stateside races or even much clips or commentary.

What I don't get is: how do people stand following sports without a playoff structure (as typical :911: sports have)? I was first trying to pay attention in 2021 with Hamilton and Verstappen down to the wire, which seemed exciting as hell, but that hasn't repeated. What do you do if the competition is literally mathematically decided?

This is kinda just how racing works. F1 being the most refined version of the stupid bullshit that basically eliminates most of the competitors before they even get to start their engines on race 1.

As for what you do? Just watch. Pick your favorite team or driver based on whatever nonsense criteria you want and watch that driver and hope they do the best they can or at least do better than the week before. Most of my season was watching Yuki fight like hell to get into the points and poo poo talk on mic.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I recently decided to try and get back into a Good cup of coffee without having to spend a thousand dollars on equipment and poo poo and I got both a French press and a moka pot. I like the moka pot a lot for the coffee it makes, I hate that my 3 cup gets me absolutely heart poundingly wired because I don’t drink much coffee and can’t handle the caffeine.

I just wanted the 3 cup so it wasn’t literally just a shot. I guess it’s time to get a milk foamer now.

You know you don't have to drink the whole thing right? Also I prefer a nice pour over setup with a good grinder over french press if you're pursuing "The Good Cup of Coffee" when it comes to cheap equipment (aside from grinders) and lots of variables to tweak as you chase that good good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Gonna be a fun full year silly season. Is there a reason why there's so much major news breaking before the start of the season instead of waiting on it till after the summer break when we usually get this news?