Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

Now i want it banned because it will make eagles fans mad.

This is why everyone in favor of banning it really wants it banned. At least you're honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I don't like it but I can't think of any really valid reason to ban it so I remain silent

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

sharknado slashfic posted:

I don't like it but I can't think of any really valid reason to ban it so I remain silent

Ahem

Now i want it banned because it will make eagles fans mad.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shinji2015 posted:

Didn't see this posted:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1731126201035473122

With as much complaining about it as I've seen from commentators combined with this, the tush push days feel numbered

Lol, did no one watch Tom Brady run this poo poo for 15 years? Are they gonna ban regular QB sneaks

Spoilers: it's not the tush part that is the effective bit

Yes, I'm really mad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

at first i wanted it banned because i thought it was dumb. Then i realized the play was actually a testament to the eagles Oline's skills and practice and didn't want it banned. Now i want it banned because it will make eagles fans mad.

I've officially come around

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kyler looks a bit rusty

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm fine with the ban

yeah if nothing else people will finally shut the gently caress up about it

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
What the gently caress, Panthers/Bucs and Browns/Rams are on at the same time. What's a sicko supposed to do?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A true sicko would watch both at once.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nervous posted:

What the gently caress, Panthers/Bucs and Browns/Rams are on at the same time. What's a sicko supposed to do?

Friend have you seen Bryce Young play?

You're about to bear witness to it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kirios posted:

Friend have you seen Bryce Young play?

You're about to bear witness to it.

Martyr feels a very appropriate word right here

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bellmaker posted:

West coast team playing at 1pm on the east coast in this incoming slop? Patriots might just win via Wind Game

gonna be some real slopfest games this week with the weather :sickos:

You didn't know what you were doing

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Spoilers: it's not the tush part that is the effective bit

If that's true then a rule change preventing pushing of the tush won't make any difference.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

a neat cape posted:

You didn't know what you were doing

I'll be honest, I did not. Rhamondre getting hurt kinda ruined things :negative:

If you told me before the game the Chargers would only score 6 points I'd have said the Pats managed to win a game but holy poo poo they rear end

TNF is gonna break 19th century records

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bellmaker posted:

I'll be honest, I did not. Rhamondre getting hurt kinda ruined things :negative:

If you told me before the game the Chargers would only score 6 points I'd have said the Pats managed to win a game but holy poo poo they rear end

And guess who's on TNF the week after

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Bellmaker posted:

I just looked at the play by play for this game and holy poo poo it seems like their were three plays all game long that would generate any excitement.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Nervous posted:

I just looked at the play by play for this game and holy poo poo it seems like their were three plays all game long that would generate any excitement.

It's honestly impressive that we all collectively watched Vikings/Bears and went wow this is about as bad as football can possibly get.

It was surpassed in dogshittiness in less than one week.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it seems like new england’s defense is very good, and if they had even an average quarterback, they’d make the playoffs.

more or less correct?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I'm gonna say no because they had an average QB and destroyed him

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

abelwingnut posted:

it seems like new england’s defense is very good, and if they had even an average quarterback, they’d make the playoffs.

more or less correct?

This feels like bait but :lol: I wish it were that easy. They have nothing on offense. It's a black hole of talent. It wouldn't even matter if they had a great QB because what the hell is he supposed to do with Juju and Parker and Henry and Gesicki? It's easily the oldest, slowest, least talented offensive roster in the league. The most exciting thing is that "Pop" Douglas has a fun nickname. Whenever the rebuild finally begins they are going to be starting from a hole that reaches to the core of the earth.

Bill is still running an amazing defense especially considering all of the best players are on IR. But it's 2023 and it doesn't matter how good your D is if you can't even score 10 points. They're dead last in Points For, by a lot. Like well behind the Jets, Panthers, Steelers, etc. It's a true disaster.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

This feels like bait but :lol: I wish it were that easy. They have nothing on offense. It's a black hole of talent. It wouldn't even matter if they had a great QB because what the hell is he supposed to do with Juju and Parker and Henry and Gesicki? It's easily the oldest, slowest, least talented offensive roster in the league. The most exciting thing is that "Pop" Douglas has a fun nickname. Whenever the rebuild finally begins they are going to be starting from a hole that reaches to the core of the earth.

Bill is still running an amazing defense especially considering all of the best players are on IR. But it's 2023 and it doesn't matter how good your D is if you can't even score 10 points.

do they even have something resembling an oline? i dont think i've watched a pats game this year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Bill is still running an amazing defense especially considering all of the best players are on IR. But it's 2023 and it doesn't matter how good your D is if you can't even score 10 points.

Please send him to the Chargers I know this has zero chance of happening but dear god

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the pats were missing skill position guys back in 2019 when brady was still playing for them. i can't even remember what year it was that their solution was to spend like a billion dollars on two mediocre TEs like that was gonna solve poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Please send him to the Chargers I know this has zero chance of happening but dear god

You are playing with some serious monkey paw poo poo since there's a 90% chance it comes with McDaniels as OC. And you will probably not draft an offensive player before the 6th round so I hope you are ready to run it back with Johnston and a receiver from Middle Tennessee State who plays fundamentally sound special teams as your 1/2 punch. The defense will be much better though

This is probably still an upgrade over Staley

Borsche69 posted:

the pats were missing skill position guys back in 2019 when brady was still playing for them. i can't even remember what year it was that their solution was to spend like a billion dollars on two mediocre TEs like that was gonna solve poo poo

Yeah they signed Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry to fix the offense lol consuming like 1/3 of the salary cap in the process. It went as well as you would expect. Jonnu finally got traded to Atlanta for a ham sandwich (and is actually producing for them, unlike New England). Henry is still here and doing jack poo poo. They signed Mike Gesicki from Miami to replace Jonnu as a "pass catching tight end" who gets no targets and catches no passes, and also does not do anything a tight end normally does. Bill needs a serious intervention before he is allowed to make an offensive roster decision ever again.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 4, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It's kind of bizarre that new england hasn't seemingly done anything to fix it since 2019 either. I mean it's not like Bill didn't build a team that had a strong offensive line for decades with Brady and even though there were some down years receiver wise there were always guys. There was always an elite tight end, good slot receiver or platoon of running backs who could get poo poo done. He also saw how good a focal point receiver like Moss, Edelman etc could be

Seems weird to me how quickly they've really fallen.

2020 Mac Jones was an average QB and the team was fine and since then they've invested very little in help for him. Doesn't make sense.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Docjowles posted:

You are playing with some serious monkey paw poo poo since there's a 90% chance it comes with McDaniels as OC. And you will probably not draft an offensive player before the 6th round so I hope you are ready to run it back with Johnston and a receiver from Middle Tennessee State who plays fundamentally sound special teams as your 1/2 punch. The defense will be much better though

Yeah they signed Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry to fix the offense lol consuming like 1/3 of the salary cap in the process. It went as well as you would expect. Jonnu finally got traded to Atlanta for a ham sandwich (and is actually producing for them, unlike New England). Henry is still here and doing jack poo poo. They signed Mike Gesicki from Miami to replace Jonnu as a "pass catching tight end" who gets no targets and catches no passes, and also does not do anything a tight end normally does. Bill needs a serious intervention before he is allowed to make an offensive roster decision ever again.

for all the poo poo that the ravens have gotten over their wideout problem in the last like 30 years, i can at least say the FO has tried going out of its way to solve their wide receiver problem. you could make the argument that its almost too much from a draft pick investment standpoint vs the return, but i also think hollywood/bateman/flowers and the investment in their coaching staff has legit changed the culture, at least a little. i feel like the pats would probably be well served to similarly just start taking heavy swings at the position at this point. i didnt even like the perriman pick in 2015 but i was refreshing to see them understand that this poo poo is a real problem and start to work towards fixing it

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Docjowles posted:

I largely agree with this, but the only argument that I have is that I don't think Bill will have GM powers on his next team; this isn't prime Bill in the middle of his SB years, this is a broken and beaten Belichick who only seems to be holding on to hopes of setting the all-time win record. I can't imagine anyone with half a brain who's seen the past few years of post-Brady Patriots football is going to go, "yeah, this man who's nearing retirement should have all the decision-making power on my team."

(I am not discounting that it's entirely possible that someone like a Tepper is dumb enough to give him GM powers.)

I think ideally if you're willing to bring Belichick on, you're bringing him on with the understanding that at best you're getting only a few years out of him. He's there to fix the immediate mess, but he's not the coach of the future, and he's certainly not the guy you want building your team for the next decade

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

must :barf: TV

https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1731490904614043736

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Borsche69 posted:

do they even have something resembling an oline? i dont think i've watched a pats game this year

Sort of, it depends how much Trent Brown feels like trying on any specific day. Earlier in the season the line was a broken dam and Mac was running for his life every dropback

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nodoze posted:

Sort of, it depends how much Trent Brown feels like trying on any specific day. Earlier in the season the line was a broken dam and Mac was running for his life every dropback

He was not trying at all yesterday

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Not trying or injured, who can say? He was limping around yesterday and got subbed out for McDermott at some point

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Patriots losing Thursday would make them the first AFC team officially eliminated from playoff contention, and light up Bill's house (the seat is already on fire). And even more importantly, it would come at the hands of the NVP

It is time...to root for the Steelers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Y'all forgetting the distinct & best possibility that Pats/Steelers ends in a tie.

It is the best outcome that would make the most people mad, so it should be the one we should be rooting for.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Chris James 2 posted:

Patriots losing Thursday would make them the first AFC team officially eliminated from playoff contention, and light up Bill's house (the seat is already on fire). And even more importantly, it would come at the hands of the NVP

It is time...to root for the Steelers

rooting for the Patriots win to gently caress their draft position up plus keep the Steelers out of the playoffs

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You really think the Pats are going to score points against the Steelers defense when they just got shut out by Brandon Staley?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BlindSite posted:

It's kind of bizarre that new england hasn't seemingly done anything to fix it since 2019 either. I mean it's not like Bill didn't build a team that had a strong offensive line for decades with Brady and even though there were some down years receiver wise there were always guys. There was always an elite tight end, good slot receiver or platoon of running backs who could get poo poo done. He also saw how good a focal point receiver like Moss, Edelman etc could be

Seems weird to me how quickly they've really fallen.

2020 Mac Jones was an average QB and the team was fine and since then they've invested very little in help for him. Doesn't make sense.

I think the biggest problem is Bill/Pats can't scout offensive players properly - especially their own. Even during the glory years, time and again Bill would let offensive talent walk to save a loving nickel and it would cost them.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 4, 2023

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mega64 posted:

You really think the Pats are going to score points against the Steelers defense when they just got shut out by Brandon Staley?

The Steelers are going 9-8 again for the seventh time in a decade. It's a coin flip which sad sack teams will beat them. I only know they will beat the Ravens in week 17

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1731683981517611496

quote:

The Patriots are the first team since 1938 to lose three consecutive games in the same season when they didn't allow more than 10 points in any of those games.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

epic bacon posted:

rooting for the Patriots win to gently caress their draft position up plus keep the Steelers out of the playoffs

If Rhamondre is done the Patriots may not ever score on offense again this season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Bill's still got it defensively. Shame about literally everything else