Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

indigi posted:

that's not ok.

I agree, your poo poo is way too good to be wasted in Kirk's mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yall are right, I apologize

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I was playing around with the ESPN Playoff Scenario Generator. This image might make some of you happy or mad. I'm particularly proud of the AFC side of things.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I hate it, thanks

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Anderson Koopa posted:

I was playing around with the ESPN Playoff Scenario Generator. This image might make some of you happy or mad. I'm particularly proud of the AFC side of things.

Anything that puts the Cowboys at home and the Eagles/49ers on the road is OK in my book, friend. Thank you for your contribution.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

Anything that puts the Cowboys at home and the Eagles/49ers on the road is OK in my book, friend. Thank you for your contribution.

What about....

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Still as wonderful today as 13 years ago when I saw it live.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Kalli posted:

What about....

I'm impressed that you were able to get two NFC south teams in. That must have taken some work.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kalli posted:

What about....

there are zero possible good, interesting matchups throughout these playoffs besides week one DET@DAL

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

- Tommy DeVito: Playoff QB
- No Cowboys
- Bird battle in the NFC
- Lions get the #1 Seed
- 3 teams from the AFC South
- All ends in Mahomes vs Goff Super Bowl that ends 56-55

If there is a better moment in the history of the Houston Texans, I don't know if it.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

indigi posted:

there are zero possible good, interesting matchups throughout these playoffs besides week one DET@DAL

it would be interesting to watch the chargers to charger away a 40 point lead

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The most wonderful time of the year

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

man Andre Johnson was so good. dont know how his Hall of Fame credentials look but he loving rocked and i hope he is remembered for eternity in some way (besides the beatdown)

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

epic bacon posted:

man Andre Johnson was so good. dont know how his Hall of Fame credentials look but he loving rocked and i hope he is remembered for eternity in some way (besides the beatdown)

I just looked it up and he's 11th all time in both receptions and receiving TDs while playing on some really grim Texans teams, he should get in imo

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Breer on Tepper

whole thing is good

quote:

One example came with how Reich’s staff was assembled. Tepper felt like Rhule hired too many assistants who weren’t ready for their roles. He told people, after firing Rhule, that no Fortune 500 company would just hire one guy, then let that guy hire everyone else. He asked why it was like that in pro football. He also liked how the Giants went outside Brian Daboll’s tree to assemble a staff and how the 49ers capitalized on the NFL’s incentive system for having diverse coaches and scouts hired away.

So Reich was hired, and then a well-intentioned Tepper called for Reich to bring together a diverse all-star staff, with depth and experience within it. And it’s true that Reich hired a lot of good coaches. But they were coaches from different places, with different ideas, and it was always going to take time for that to mesh. The problem Reich had was the offense was lagging behind the other units, and there wasn’t enough adjusting or evolving, and all that was affecting the development of the quarterback.

And if there’s one other problem, according to those there, it’d be that Tepper does have his hands in everything, which is an issue because he’s not in the building daily. He’ll be around Friday through Tuesday or so of a game weekend and for the road trips, but he still lacks the day-to-day context needed to be that hands-on as an owner.

https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1729598637015974295?s=20

Love to micromanage the team I'm around 4 days a week for.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Rogue Elephant posted:

I just looked it up and he's 11th all time in both receptions and receiving TDs while playing on some really grim Texans teams, he should get in imo

He and Megatron were both so good, I find it weird Megatron got in instantly and andre didn't.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

Breer on Tepper

whole thing is good

It keeps getting worse

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Evero was the DC for a one and done in consecutive years. That’s pretty nuts.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Alright Tepper gets the Crown of shittiest owner. Jimmy at least learned to wait till there's infighting to involve himself

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

FizFashizzle posted:

Breer on Tepper

whole thing is good

Tepper is right about the way coaching staffs are built tbh.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Scipiotik posted:

He and Megatron were both so good, I find it weird Megatron got in instantly and andre didn't.

Because Calvin Johnson was the second greatest wr of all time, op

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

Tepper is right about the way coaching staffs are built tbh.

Yeah, I kind of like the initial thought process of the designing the coaching tree

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No no allowing your head coach to hire all his buddies and children is much better. At least they’ll “mesh” or something.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If youre an owner and your coach wants to hire Nathaniel Hackett I'd rather you say "no get the gently caress out of my office" than "who is Nathaniel Hackett?"

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

mcmagic posted:

If youre an owner and your coach wants to hire Nathaniel Hackett I'd rather you say "no get the gently caress out of my office" than "who is Nathaniel Hackett?"

The Jets definitely dodged a bullet by not letting Matt Rhule bring his own staff and passing that problem to the Panthers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

ozymandius1024 posted:

The Jets definitely dodged a bullet by not letting Matt Rhule bring his own staff and passing that problem to the Panthers.

Rhule wouldn't have been any worse than who they did hire. They would be in the same position they are now.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

it kinda sucks for Frank Reich - he spent the last decade building his reputation by coaching some pretty good offenses and a few very good ones. He coached up Jacoby Brissett pretty well in 2019.

now he's getting painted as some uniquely terrible coach because the team whiffed on a tiny QB who can't play ball

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

mcmagic posted:

Rhule wouldn't have been any worse than who they did hire. They would be in the same position they are now.

You would not have an elite defense if the jets had hired Rhule.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AndrewP posted:

it kinda sucks for Frank Reich - he spent the last decade building his reputation by coaching some pretty good offenses and a few very good ones. He coached up Jacoby Brissett pretty well in 2019.

now he's getting painted as some uniquely terrible coach because the team whiffed on a tiny QB who can't play ball

I mean that’s not true at all. His offense looked awful on the Colts. That’s why he got fired after all

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Coach of the year - who you got?

For me it’s the dude on the colts. Somehow with Minshew Mania they have a good record.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I feel as if it's Dan Campbell's award to lose if nothing drastic changes down the stretch

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that’s not true at all. His offense looked awful on the Colts. That’s why he got fired after all

Reich's offense totally fell apart the last year in Indianapolis, but was generally fine before that. In 2018 they had a revived Andrew Luck and finished 5th in scoring, went 10-6 and won a playoff game. 2019 they were middle of the pack with Jacoby Brissett, who got rushed back from injury and the whole team struggled down the stretch to finish 7-9. In 2020 and 2021 they finished 9th in scoring both years, but the feel both years was very different. In 2020, Philip Rivers played well and they went 11-5, narrowly losing to Buffalo in the playoffs, but the next year Carson Wentz hosed up in key moments and they went 9-8 riding Jonathan Taylor having a monster year. They went into 2022 thinking that if Matt Ryan had anything left in the tank, they'd be okay, but he absolutely didn't. Taylor got hurt, I think the offensive line was banged up as well, and IIRC, he switched Ryan out for Sam Ehlinger and took over play calling prior to a game where they got wiped out by New England, which was the last straw before he got fired.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ornery and Hornery posted:

For me it’s the dude on the colts. Somehow with Minshew Mania they have a good record.

DeMeco Ryans, especially if the Texans make the playoffs. Going from 2nd worst (and probably should have been worst) to a dynamic team that had people wondering if a rookie would earn the MVP. I know he's on the defensive side, but the Texans D has also been surprisingly good.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

it was only really bad in 2022 with an extremely toast Matt Ryan. 11th in DVOA in 2021 with Carson Palmer Wentz, 10th in 2020 with Phil Rivers. Hardly the disaster he's being made out to be now

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Nov 29, 2023

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fartknocker posted:

Reich's offense totally fell apart the last year in Indianapolis, but was generally fine before that. In 2018 they had a revived Andrew Luck and finished 5th in scoring, went 10-6 and won a playoff game. 2019 they were middle of the pack with Jacoby Brissett, who got rushed back from injury and the whole team struggled down the stretch to finish 7-9. In 2020 and 2021 they finished 9th in scoring both years, but the feel both years was very different. In 2020, Philip Rivers played well and they went 11-5, narrowly losing to Buffalo in the playoffs, but the next year Carson Wentz hosed up in key moments and they went 9-8 riding Jonathan Taylor having a monster year. They went into 2022 thinking that if Matt Ryan had anything left in the tank, they'd be okay, but he absolutely didn't. Taylor got hurt, I think the offensive line was banged up as well, and IIRC, he switched Ryan out for Sam Ehlinger and took over play calling prior to a game where they got wiped out by New England, which was the last straw before he got fired.

If your offense is only good when it had a top 5 talent than I don’t think you can call yourself a guru. You are at best competent

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Demeco Ryans feels like a good pick for COTY. Maybe Stefanski on the Browns if they don't fall apart down the stretch.

shyduck posted:

I feel as if it's Dan Campbell's award to lose if nothing drastic changes down the stretch

If the Vikings somehow jump the Lions for the NFCN crown (which I'm not ready to rule out) then I think KOC has an excellent case. Kirk Cousins with the season-ending injury and Justin Jefferson missing significant time.

Obviously I'm pro-Campbell but I feel like the good vibes in Detroit are an organizational effort. I'd be happy for him to get it but I feel like there are a couple of better picks.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If the Broncos really are fixed, Sean Payton should get consideration.

Ugh.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gully Foyle posted:

DeMeco Ryans, especially if the Texans make the playoffs. Going from 2nd worst (and probably should have been worst) to a dynamic team that had people wondering if a rookie would earn the MVP. I know he's on the defensive side, but the Texans D has also been surprisingly good.

This would probably be my choice as well. Dan Campbell would be a close second and I'd be fine with him winning as well.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Demeco, payton, Campbell, Tomlin, and steichen are my choices for who I think all deserve to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Has to be Demeco Ryans, no one thought this Texans team would be a fringe playoff contender.