Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Nunchucks? A trifle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I hope op had an appropriate haircut for using nun chucks

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head

satanic splash-back posted:

I hope op had an appropriate haircut for using nun chucks

Mullet?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Buy some op and record yourself fighting some hanging meat

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

They’re called numchucks according to the ten year old boy who just beat the gently caress out of me with his

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Nunchaku are just an inferior version of a flail, which apparently didn't actually exist. So enjoy flailing about with your noisy sticks!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Dumb cucks

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Friar Tuck

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Culturally Insensitive

BAN IMMEDIATELY

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Your nunchuks are no match for my Ninja Throwing Stars!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Honestly, if you aren't wielding a loving giant Kanabo then don't even talk to me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I think I could probably nunchuck(u?) like 20 or 30 ninjas before they got the upper hand. You know, like, if I had an infinite wave of ninjas to defend myself from with nunchuks. Also, another badass thing I could say is like "My name is Chuck and I loves to nun" but I would say it to like the head ninja before I proceeded to royally gently caress him up in a nunchuks duel to the death.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Literally A Person posted:

I think I could probably nunchuck(u?) like 20 or 30 ninjas before they got the upper hand. You know, like, if I had an infinite wave of ninjas to defend myself from with nunchuks. Also, another badass thing I could say is like "My name is Chuck and I loves to nun" but I would say it to like the head ninja before I proceeded to royally gently caress him up in a nunchuks duel to the death.

Ah, the Law of Ninja Conservation.

That final ninja will be the strongest of all, and have the most throwing stars and other secret ninja stuff.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Yeah we get it already nunchaku are funny joke idiot tools

Just practice what you enjoy; 99% of all weapon arts practitioners these days do their thing purely for exhibition and if you're somehow squaring off against burglars with a set of tonfa you're either filming a movie or something has gone horribly wrong

just make sure you get an actual teacher

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

for one billion years mankind has defended itself with a spear and yyou can too

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

GolfHole posted:

looks complicated

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

anyway I'm learning the katana, a weapon that no one has ever sliced themselves open on by being an idiot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

All I need is a rock

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ChickenHeart posted:

Just practice what you enjoy; 99% of all weapon arts practitioners these days do their thing purely for exhibition and if you're somehow squaring off against burglars with a set of tonfa you're either filming a movie or something has gone horribly wrong

I....

......uh

........this thread is a joke.

You see, the conceit being that I actually probably would not kick rear end at nunchucks thus it being silly when i say things like I could walk into any dojo in the world and desrtoy the master there with my nunchuckery

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I....

......uh

........this thread is a joke.

You see, the conceit being that I actually probably would not kick rear end at nunchucks thus it being silly when i say things like I could walk into any dojo in the world and desrtoy the master there with my nunchuckery

The gently caress? This isn't real???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I'm actually p surprised I have to explain this

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

ChickenHeart posted:

Sounds like this nerd needs a chuckin'

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Nunchucks are the bowtie of weapons

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Throws smokebomb and escapes to my ninja lair

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Spinz posted:

Nunchucks are the bowtie of weapons

Then what's the bolo tie of weapons?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Grey Cat posted:

The garrote

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I'm actually p surprised I have to explain this

I think them taking it at 100% face value might a joke too.

Grey Cat posted:

That hat on a string that when you throw it lands on their head and decapitates them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Razor top hat

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

What;s the proper term for someone who does nunchucks. Nunchuckist? Nunchuckier?

edit: it's Nunskull

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 29, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

deep dish peat moss posted:

What;s the proper term for someone who does nunchucks. Nunchuckist? Nunchuckier?

Nunchucian

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

deep dish peat moss posted:

Nunchukster

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I uhh.. bought a pair of real nunchicks from this awesome dork that hand-made them properly when I was younger and was just like why not.

Hexagonal shaft, 2 short pieces of rope.. none of that chain bullshit or being able to twist them around your arm..

Basically it's just 2 really really dense hard prices of wood held together by a replaceable cord should it wear out.

You would be shocked how much that length of cord turns it into a whip like movement that amplifies the strike over just a wooden stick that's the same length as both nunchuck.

Id take that over a baton anyday.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

To get real for a second, I am a ninja. But I never trained on nunchuks.

But I think the defense against them is quite easy. Just use your arms to block and close the distance till you kick him in the balls.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Not to imply you need help with the one-liners, but be sure to throw in "anyone got any bubblegum? Cause I got nun, chuck"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
“I’m going to chuck”

*claps nunchucks together*

“YOU UP”

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
i think you're probably right OP sounds like you have a lot of passion coming from a place of natural nunchuku affinity

i bet you could take at least 17 ninjas and maybe 1 of them is a really good ninja with like extra colors or really cool weapons

https://i.imgur.com/uC9TI6b.mp4
THIS SHOWSTOPPING SIGGY MADE BY MASTER SIGSMITH Literally A Person
Refusing to comply verticality statistics since 6/30/23

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
LAP make me a new winter epic siggy

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
There's a Nunchucks Guy in the Soul Calibur games, but nobody ever, ever, ever remembers him.

Ask anyone to list some Soul Calibur characters just off the top of their head and they'll never, ever mention him. Just the dullest, most generic-rear end character in a game about demon knights, ghost pirates, contortionist gimps, fencing vampires, large-breasted ninja, larger-breasted sword-doms, and also that one woman who sits on your face. Why's this loser even here? Oh, he's got a sassy attitude. Goddamn waste of space on the roster.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

LAP make me a new winter epic siggy

When December starts up we'll get a lit winter siggy thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

There's a Nunchucks Guy in the Soul Calibur games, but nobody ever, ever, ever remembers him.

Ask anyone to list some Soul Calibur characters just off the top of their head and they'll never, ever mention him. Just the dullest, most generic-rear end character in a game about demon knights, ghost pirates, contortionist gimps, fencing vampires, large-breasted ninja, larger-breasted sword-doms, and also that one woman who sits on your face. Why's this loser even here? Oh, he's got a sassy attitude. Goddamn waste of space on the roster.

Other notable video game nunchuks guys: