Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Second Hand Meat Mouth)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtV90uzkEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
pity reply

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

that show owns

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJrrYdlSYyU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV62rLD5KCE

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

shane gillis is the best comedian with material that talks about autism and stuff imo
hes officially a Canceled Chud for Slurs but he does a bunch of stuff with disabled kids & gets how to joke about it without being lovely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxN3V5O1_A4
also supports North Korea nuking sk

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

gonna repost this too bc the Skylark post makes me lol
FYAD:69. (Jesus speaking:) I am really there loving you, and I really do fill your body with My penis and My seeds. >
what was hans asperger thinking when he invented aspergers?

Casual Male XL Fan posted:

gotta be one of the top 10 worst inventions ever conceived. what a douchebag

Skylark posted:

Once Dr. Hans Asperger observed that aspies tend to sperg out, the rest was quite simple.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
if you're young and have aspergers my advice to you is to MASK IT with booze and drugs, get into raving. try to spend most of your time in situations with little to no normal social expectations. MDMA is a magical drug that makes you feel normal and like you fit in with everyone! don't take too much though or it stops working

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I don't have autism but I'm very supportive of those that do and want them to be even more autistic

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i dont have autism but ive got something

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

if a dog had autism one might call it pawtism

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

if you're young and have aspergers my advice to you is to MASK IT with booze and drugs, get into raving. try to spend most of your time in situations with little to no normal social expectations. MDMA is a magical drug that makes you feel normal and like you fit in with everyone! don't take too much though or it stops working

oh

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Is this thread where I ask what's the deal with Autism Speaks? I always hear from disability advocates that they're harmful and pretty lovely

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

NeonPunk posted:

Is this thread where I ask what's the deal with Autism Speaks? I always hear from disability advocates that they're harmful and pretty lovely

they see autism as something that should be managed or cured, when in reality we are god's chosen people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dont tell them about the dutch soap opera where everyone has downs syndrome

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

they see autism as something that should be managed or cured, when in reality we are god's chosen people

what would a cure even be? brain surgery to trim excess connections? that seems pretty impossible. they do stereotactic surgery now to remove tumors, cut the hemisphere connection for epileptics, etc, but those are relatively large targets.
they're going to need very small robots

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Hatebag posted:

what would a cure even be? brain surgery to trim excess connections? that seems pretty impossible. they do stereotactic surgery now to remove tumors, cut the hemisphere connection for epileptics, etc, but those are relatively large targets.

Complete abstinence from content from the Sonic franchise until 18.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hatebag posted:

Low dose mdmA on the reg forever

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

bij posted:

Complete abstinence from content from the Sonic franchise until 18.

dear god...

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Al! posted:

dont tell them about the dutch soap opera where everyone has downs syndrome

Why am I only now finding this out, that's fantastic

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The only spectrum I care about is the infrared spectrum.

In fact I'm kinda obsessed about it and will talk about every detail about it for hours like it's the most interesting thing in the world to anyone who will listen

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

Hatebag posted:

obviously the fabled anti-vaccine (((they))) are keeping from us

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

ikanreed posted:

In fact I'm kinda obsessed about it and will talk about every detail about it for hours like it's the most interesting thing in the world to anyone who will listen

pretty narrow spectrum but I'll allow it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

oscarthewilde posted:

obviously the fabled anti-vaccine (((they))) are keeping from us

drat, no one made the "vaxxed???" joke in here yet

woke operator
Nov 17, 2023

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ikanreed posted:

this dumb bitch hasnt even gotten to visible light yet lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I don't know either Alice.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Rizz em with the 'tism

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

they also didn't have any autistic people on their board until like a yeah ago when they got 1 (one), and they ran that super hosed up commercial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UgLnWJFGHQ

they're modeled around scaring parents into giving them money to "save their doomed children from autism" and their stuff is incredibly harmful for parents and public perception and anything else pretty much

almost all of their budget is advertising, and they end up getting like 90% of the donations towards autism charities

Hatebag posted:

there's no cure because it's not a disease, its a change in how your brain develops. thats why there's so much variance in how it manifests
the concept of removing autism from an autistic brain is kinda like deboning a skeleton it just doesn't work that way

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
autism can't be cured but it can be controlled with anime and public transit

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

FirstnameLastname posted:

there's no cure because it's not a disease, its a change in how your brain develops. thats why there's so much variance in how it manifests
the concept of removing autism from an autistic brain is kinda like deboning a skeleton it just doesn't work that way

right, i was just thinking of how it would work, though. you'd have to remove dendritic connections from billions of neurons from brain cells that are micrometer-scale. thus, tiny robots.
probably a more realistic "cure" would be zygote selection or gene therapy on infants before their brains get all gummed up

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

this is how i run at guys and it works lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hatebag posted:

right, i was just thinking of how it would work, though. you'd have to remove dendritic connections from billions of neurons from brain cells that are micrometer-scale. thus, tiny robots.
probably a more realistic "cure" would be zygote selection or gene therapy on infants before their brains get all gummed up

Pressing the reroll stats button on my GATTICA baby using the same strategy I learned from EyE: Divine Cybermancy

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

its true we are

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mags posted:

it’s true we are

i believe it for real but the world is not ready to hear my message

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

KirbyKhan posted:

Rizz em with the 'tism

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

mags posted:

its true we are

I've had a hypothesis that monasteries & other cloistered and secluded clergy/theological leadership initially grew as a refuge for nonverbal autistics and Deaf/hard of hearing people. the most intense discussione on theology ive ever had have been with autistic people and the most deadfast dedicated adherents to religions I've ever met have been and it's not even close. i think religion, particularly organized religion and autism are historically very deeply intertwined & was probably used as a way of social protection for awkward rear end autistic people for thousands of years around the world

i think radicalism and autism are also connected because autistic people can radicalize to the most extreme when that radicalizing viewpoint is their special interest but that's a thing id make a diff post expanding on

i also truly believe Einstein, Isaac Newton, Beethoven, Descartes, Socrates, Nikola Tesla all had autism, along with many other scientists, philosophers, etc. and that if they weren't autistic they wouldn't have done what they did. Martin Luther deffo. Karl Marx was the original infodumper. I Kinda wonder about Stalin sometimes tbh, he checks a loooot of the boxes

ALSO more importantly the entire random spawn system for the aliens in the first AVP pc game along with the fully dynamic lighting & audio reflection was all one dev with autism who spent an insane amount of time on it because they insisted
making the game would be a waste of time without it.

he was right.

without people with autism you don't get the start of what really matters: pc gaming. start of electronic music, D&D and tabletop RPGs, PCs, iPhones (jobs 100% had autism and woz 100% does, the only thing they had in common was the fascination with tech)

but like:

Einstein would sit and think about physics and how physics worked and ran mental models of things nonstop from childhood, had issues dressing himself and poo poo like that

descartes locked himself in a room for 6 months to see what's him and what's not.

tesla bankrupted himself chasing his fascinations that would've made him the wealthiest man on earth if he had any business sense but he just wanted to do more poo poo with resonance and electrical currents.
isaac newton wanted to gently caress math and suck gravity

Socrates was so stubborn about being right that he let the courts kill him just to prove that he was right

"Beethoven was most awkward and bungling in his behaviour; his clumsy movements lacked all grace. He rarely picked up anything without dropping or breaking it... Everything was knocked over, soiled, or destroyed. How he ever managed to shave himself at all remains difficult to understand, even considering the frequent cuts on his cheeks. - He never learned to dance in time with the music."

Beethoven's personality was also challenging:
"As a young man Beethoven was frank to the point of rudeness. Headstrong and proud, he was never willing to conform in his behaviour... As he grew older and deafness overrtook him, the negative aspects of Beethoven's personality came to the fore. He was increasingly given to bouts of despair, the difficulties of communication made him more reserved, and he became more suspicious and distrustful of others."

"Beethoven's behaviour was as erratic as his complex personality might lead one to expect. He rarely stayed in one abode for long; domestic comforts were apparenly unimportant to him and he lived in a state of disorderliness which shocked many observers; he was unable to excercise control over his household affairs; and he became increasingly negligent over his dress."

i think autism has allowed humanity to do many things that it otherwise wouldn't have done, and that those doors were originally opened because
of autistic people doing autistic people stuff, and that aspect of autism and its contribution to society goes entirely unrecognized in the way it's viewed and depicted as almost all negative, pitiful, or at best comedic traits

like all those things are seen as pure negatives, the descriptions of Beethoven's behavior is like, pure autism but the output of Beethoven's brain isn't. Einstein, Marx, Socrates, autism gets no cred and is only seen as a problem by the society it built most of the cool parts of. it aint fair

i also think lil wayne is an autistic savant, just doesn't tell people & nobody ever really noticed because hes black and does drugs lol. looking it up just now a bunch of other autistic people have had the same suspicion

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

not sure about any of those guys but I can guarantee with 100% certainty that Kant was autistic

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_hNSf92_NI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
i've been teaching at a university for a couple of years now, and i recognise so many autistic traits in my colleagues it's almost funny. they might be diagnosed, but they definitely suck at not interrupting you or actually making eye contact.