Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Second Hand Meat Mouth)

Zodar
May 21, 2007

compTIA A+ certification program trip report, one week in. between 7 hours of that in the morning and 5 hours of my actual job in the evening i am starting to smell ozone but i think i can do this. nervous but relieved that we've already burned through all the baseline "grew up on the computer" knowledge i came in with, and everything from here on out is completely new. i know a friend who got a full time, 32/hr position with this cert as the beginning and end of their resume, 13 more weeks of this will be worth that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

hell yeah get that paper

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Zodar posted:

compTIA A+ certification program trip report, one week in. between 7 hours of that in the morning and 5 hours of my actual job in the evening i am starting to smell ozone but i think i can do this. nervous but relieved that we've already burned through all the baseline "grew up on the computer" knowledge i came in with, and everything from here on out is completely new. i know a friend who got a full time, 32/hr position with this cert as the beginning and end of their resume, 13 more weeks of this will be worth that

good luck goon!!!

Mar 1, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Mar 1, 2024

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

tokin opposition posted:

If you want to get certified in IT, job training, and more importantly the right kind of thing to put on your resume to start computer touching look up per scholas. It's a free program for low income learners. If you're autistic like me you won't actually learn anything, but they pay to get you the CompTIA a+

I ended up doing this, if you have a referral code I will give it to them, you get 50 bux

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Pontificating rear end posted:

I ended up doing this, if you have a referral code I will give it to them, you get 50 bux

congrats goon! hope it works out. I don't have a referral code and dunno how to get one, so I'll pass. :)

soon per scholas will be entirely goons and project A.S.D. will be one step closer to completion

Zodar
May 21, 2007

it turns out that taking an IT course is fantastic when u got the ASD + OCD double whammy, bc if i fill up my brain memorizing ports & protocols it doesn't have room left over to prep for hypothetical housing/relationship disasters, sudden cross-country moves etc. im exhausted as hell but i haven't been this calm or happy in like a year

Mar 5, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:49 on Mar 6, 2024

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Zodar posted:

it turns out that taking an IT course is fantastic when u got the ASD + OCD double whammy, bc if i fill up my brain memorizing ports & protocols it doesn't have room left over to prep for hypothetical housing/relationship disasters, sudden cross-country moves etc. im exhausted as hell but i haven't been this calm or happy in like a year

:) that feeling is good

Mar 5, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 02:50 on Mar 6, 2024

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
life's been pretty busy lately but I'm finally starting the move to an apartment where the walls aren't paper thin
finally I'll get silence on demand

030924_4
Mar 9, 2024

Somebody has issued a correction as of 23:47 on Mar 9, 2024

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there
https://x.com/doulbedoink/status/1766126463487553900?s=20

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Wow Elon looks like poo poo

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I like how that guy used autism and annoying interchangeably.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

tokin opposition posted:

Wow Elon looks like poo poo
for someone whose supposedly on ozempic and has access to $$$$$ billion dollar designer testosterone/hgh/superdrugs/private chefs and clinics, yeah

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Organic Lube User posted:

I like how that guy used autism and annoying interchangeably.

This is entirely lived experience and completely accurate

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I'm writing the DEI newsletter for autism acceptance month

I think this makes me a level 2 autist

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
some of my best friends are autistic but so are my worst enemies

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
is listening to the same song all day on repeat a sign of autism or bipolar

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

it just means that song really be hittin', OP

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

whew

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

They're lying it's autism

Unless the song is really good

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
What if the song is abysmally sad? Like a really hopeless townes van zandt song or something. that's bipolar coded

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Listening to music is autism

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

nice obelisk idiot posted:

What if the song is abysmally sad? Like a really hopeless townes van zandt song or something. that's bipolar coded

hmmm

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

mags posted:

some of my best friends are autistic but so are my worst enemies

How many are the same people

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Minmaximg my autism build to get to level 9,001 as soon as possible

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

How many are the same people

all of them

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

tokin opposition posted:

Minmaximg my autism build to get to level 9,001 as soon as possible

I've prestiged my autism
the feeling of ranking up is more important than the end result

032024_2
Mar 20, 2024

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody has issued a correction as of 22:13 on Mar 20, 2024

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
they've done it... the madmens have done it. anime on trains........ https://www.bart.gov/news/anime

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
bro the anime girls got a fursona lol

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

interest post/avatar combo. let me guess, yours is a ferret

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ohtori Akio posted:

electric automatic trains... anime.. fursona... noodles..

mama mia, purestrain weapons-grade autism

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

they've done it... the madmens have done it. anime on trains........ https://www.bart.gov/news/anime

https://www.railgoods.com/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
hot glue

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch