Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

My parents came to visit for Thanksgiving and are staying until December. I told them a bunch of times to not wear shoes in the house but they're used to living like animals and continue to track the outside all over the inside. Now my mother is in a mood because I got annoyed telling her to take her shoes off, again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Foot guys are shameless smh

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
can you see the outside? is the outside in the room with you now?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
They know you want to look at their bare feet and are avoiding facing that hosed up scenario. With the intervention, committing their incestous foot fetish offspring to a mental facility, all of that poo poo, not really something you want to deal with during a holiday

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Stomping around with shoes indoor is barbaric, uncivilized and gross! The whole reason why houses were invented was to separate indoor from outdoor and which half you are supposed to wear shoes on and which you should not. Just wear socks like a normal person.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i dont understand. are their shoes fused to their feet? do the bath with shoes on too? sleep shoes???

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Have house slippers available for the cantankerous doofuses in your life.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I did provide slippers. They have been tossed to the side and forgotten.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Dazerbeams posted:

grounds for ejection

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

I prefer to wear the foreskins of my slaughtered enemies on my toes

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I recently developed plantar fasciitis, so I’m always wearing shoes in the house now. But I bought a new pair of shoes for inside that I don’t wear outside because I’m not an animal.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022
i personally demand all visitors to my home (pristine) disrobe entirely from their Outside Clothes and wear painstakingly sanitized Inside-of-doors Clothes which i will not provide. if you can't even follow these simple instructions THEN gently caress YOUUU!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
whores inside the house

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

If someone comes in here with shoes, I'd literally kill them on the spot. Just reach into their butthole and rip out their still beating heart.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Grey Cat posted:

If someone comes in here with shoes, I'd literally kill them on the spot. Just reach into their butthole and rip out their still beating heart.

Finally, a fellow Canadian enters the chat with a sensible opinion on shoes in house.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
UNCIVILIZED

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If you force guests to remove their shoes you should have a chair or something close by so people aren’t forced to hastily put their shoes on standing up.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

If you force guests to remove their shoes you should have a chair or something close by so people aren’t forced to hastily put their shoes on standing up.

Way ahead of you.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

when my guests refuse to take off their shoes, i support them by pouring molten silver on their feet

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
They deserve every possible haranguing for their barbarism. And the absolute gall of your mother to get huffy about not being allowed to disrespect your home!
I'm afraid my post may come off as sarcastic, but I am genuinely angry. I am not entirely sure what it is about wearing outside shoes inside, but it sets my dang teeth on edge. Your parents should be ashamed of themselves.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Dazerbeams posted:

My parents came to visit for Thanksgiving and are staying until December. I told them a bunch of times to not wear shoes in the house but they're used to living like animals and continue to track the outside all over the inside.

not sure if you are familiar with animals op but they tend to not wear shoes at all, regardless of whether they are in a house or not

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Counterpoint, I rarely eat off my floor, so I'm fine with it having trace amounts of... Whatever it is outside that is so concerning.

Also, my dogs refuse to take off their feet when they come inside, so the floor has already been compromised to a permanent end.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dazerbeams posted:

Hmm. Bad guests

repsnake
Sep 1, 2002

Yeah, seems to be a boomer thing with the whole shoes in the house. It's different across regions too, like, in Florida where I lived, sand got everywhere so the first floors were all tile or poly vinyl so it could get swept up easily and it was somewhat acceptable to not take the shoes off on the first floor.

Now that I'm back in the Great lakes region and snow is falling, you always track mud and water in with you. My parents still wear their shoes in the house from outside and it sucks to step on a wet spot on the carpet with socks on when I visit them.

I actually have three pairs of shoes specifically for wearing indoors that have never seen the outside and the soles get cleaned regularly. They are much better than slippers because they allow for more agility when walking up and down stairs and on tile floors. They also help protect the toes when you kick a corner.

Anyhow, outdoor shoes indoors = bad; dedicated indoor shoes = good; slippers = okay

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Dazerbeams posted:

This is akin to slapping someone in the face with a white glove.
Friend, you are at war.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

You'd be well within your rights to do so as well!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

My parents came to visit for Thanksgiving and are staying until December. I told them a bunch of times to not wear shoes in the house but they're used to living like animals and continue to track the outside all over the inside. Now my mother is in a mood because I got annoyed telling her to take her shoes off, again.

Have you thought of severing from your parents OP?

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Did your parents wear shoes indoors whilst they were raising you? Were you raised in an indoor shoe wearing household? If so, when did you decide to make your healthy lifestyle alteration? If not, when and why did your parents decide to be how they are?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I can't imagine people getting in the habit of wearing shoes inside in places with real winter.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

The Hello Machine posted:

Did your parents wear shoes indoors whilst they were raising you? Were you raised in an indoor shoe wearing household? If so, when did you decide to make your healthy lifestyle alteration? If not, when and why did your parents decide to be how they are?

Mine did

Now I have a little bench near my door and they do take them off but then I can't get them to stop milling around or going back in for something when we're ready to leave

Drives me bonkers. They're wonderful in most ways so no I'm not going to sever over this you jackassses

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

FYI I am a 100% no outdoor shoes inside. You can wear inside shoes if you want.

pig labeled 3
Jan 3, 2007
You can wear your shoes in my house but you gotta be willing to wipe the soles all over your face first

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

maybeadracula posted:

Mine did

Now I have a little bench near my door and they do take them off but then I can't get them to stop milling around or going back in for something when we're ready to leave

Drives me bonkers. They're wonderful in most ways so no I'm not going to sever over this you jackassses

We'll be the judge of that

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
tell them they can keep their shoes on if they vacuum and shampoo the carpets

if they don't agree :sever:

Pomme de Terror fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 30, 2023

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

shoes for every occasion

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I put on a pristine pair of brand new Dunks every time i enter someone's home it costs a fortune

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
My doctor told me once that wearing shoes in the house is objectively bad for your body. Also I am a clean freak so our little robot mops the floors 3 times per week and the kitchen every day.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
They were probably hoping you would have grown out of your weeb phase by now, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I wear chanclas while inside the house and only sometimes go outside to get the mail while waking on the driveway so they’re not too dirty to walk back inside with.

Yet somehow, I manage to pick up every goat head thorn and manage to scatter them inside and step on them barefoot or in socks quite frequently :argh: