Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

shoes inside my rear end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I wear chanclas while inside the house and only sometimes go outside to get the mail while waking on the driveway so they’re not too dirty to walk back inside with.

Yet somehow, I manage to pick up every goat head thorn and manage to scatter them inside and step on them barefoot or in socks quite frequently :argh:

You are under a curse. Hire someone to cast a blessing or at least burn some sage

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ninja slippers only inside. Wait here to approach The Master.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

Tabi?
Those things look uncomfy as hell, I'll be honest.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Tabi?
Those things look uncomfy as hell, I'll be honest.

What are Tabi? These are those cheap slippers you get for ten bucks in Chinatown.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

What are Tabi? These are those cheap slippers you get for ten bucks in Chinatown.

Chinatown or japantown for the ninja slippers? Cmon, at least buy from a reputable ninja slipper dealer.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Just get a hidden, ankle-high bandsaw installed in your porch that solves both the "dirty shoes" and "dirty feet" issues in one, agonizing fell swoop

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Would you let someone bring their felted wool Valenki indoors during winter. They are essentially big felted wool socks and not actually shoes.

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
Ah, watch out
You might get what you're after
Cool babies
Strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Shoes inside the house

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

Chinatown or japantown for the ninja slippers? Cmon, at least buy from a reputable ninja slipper dealer.

As if you would know the reputable ninja slipper dealer...

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

As if you would know the reputable ninja slipper dealer...

I would at least buy them from ninjas and not kung fu monk resellers like you do.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

What about just having a rug, a rug that is constructed in such a way that you say wipe your feet before you track outside particles to the inside of this establishment that it leaves the outer things on the rug. Then you can put the rug outside and swap it for another one after it's contaminated.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I would at least buy them from ninjas and not kung fu monk resellers like you do.

Ninjas? Selling stuff?? My friend, you've been conned.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I'd throw my stars in anger, but I already need to replace the drywall.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'd throw my stars in anger, but I already need to replace the drywall.

*Bows

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Scrub the floor while weeping profusely like that woman in the last samurai when Tom Cruise tracks his muddy boots all over the place

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Scrub the floor while weeping profusely like that woman in the last samurai when Tom Cruise tracks his muddy boots all over the place

me irl

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

covidstomper58 posted:

What about just having a rug, a rug that is constructed in such a way that you say wipe your feet before you track outside particles to the inside of this establishment that it leaves the outer things on the rug. Then you can put the rug outside and swap it for another one after it's contaminated.

I'm actually kind of mad that my kitchen is supposed to function as a mudroom, these were supposed to be suburban starter homes for young married families in the 1930s and now they cost $500k and don't even have a proper mudroom.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
what kind of absolute savage wears shoes inside?!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Would you let someone bring their felted wool Valenki indoors during winter. They are essentially big felted wool socks and not actually shoes.

This is not my friend.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
A real man only takes his shoes (preferably hard leather dress Florsheims) off for bathing and sleeping.

Why would anyone want guests to take off their shoes and spread their gross foot germs and oils and sweat on the carpet or floor.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
floor hard shoes soft, it's simple arithmetic

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

redshirt posted:

Okay but when do I get a pack of Marlboros? This is the Foot, right?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I was born without soles on my feet so the doctors sewed shoes on them.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Shoes inside is hosed up

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Number_6 posted:

A real man only takes his shoes (preferably hard leather dress Florsheims) off for bathing and sleeping.

Why would anyone want guests to take off their shoes and spread their gross foot germs and oils and sweat on the carpet or floor.

people track in spit, blood, poo poo, cum, vomit, piss etc that theyve stepped in, and then if youre walking barefoot in your house you track that poo poo into your bed. then naturally the spit, blood, poo poo, cum, vomit, and or piss gets on your face when youre sleeping. dont know why this is so hard for people to understand. if you like random bodily fluids off the street in your bed thats cool, but its not for me.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lol americans freaking love shoes so much they wear them everywher they possibly can. they absolutely disgust me. wearing shoes inside is... well chinatown just got Placeholder.'d for it so i shant be saying it but well, it's awfully american

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

i'm american and no one I know wears shoes inside

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

it's awfully american

Honestly a bigger insult than the ableism.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol americans freaking love shoes so much they wear them everywher they possibly can. they absolutely disgust me. wearing shoes inside is... well chinatown just got Placeholder.'d for it so i shant be saying it but well, it's awfully american

It's very kissinger like

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Saalkin posted:

It's very kissinger like

When you wear shoes inside, you're walking with Hitler Kissinger.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
My parents don't give a gently caress about shoes in the house and neither do my sister or I, but they also taught us how to use the loving vacuum

also it's a moot point if you have indoor children or pets at all because they will shed and make messes and track poo poo inside and you'll have to clean regularly anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Shoes in bed is a big red flag.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
My mom has always worn shoes in the house, and that's how she raised us. Opposite situation for my wife, so we run a no shoes household. My mom always forgets, and it drives my wife crazy.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
people may remove their shoes in my home if they live there, are friends / family, or have been invited to stay overnight. if they dont fall into one of those categories, who the gently caress do they think they are, taking their shoes off in my loving house? way too familiar

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
lol

"please, keep your shoes on when you walk around my house. i don't know you."

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Zippy the Bummer posted:

people may remove their shoes in my home if they live there, are friends / family, or have been invited to stay overnight. if they dont fall into one of those categories, who the gently caress do they think they are, taking their shoes off in my loving house? way too familiar

Well who else would be in your house without shoes? A plumber? I don't give a gently caress if the plumber wears his work shoes in the house, he's fixing my goddamn pipes toilet, not spending time chatting in the living room.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

redshirt posted:

Shoes in bed is a big red flag.

Shoes on while showering.

Or taking a long bath.

Both with socks on, too.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Coasterphreak posted:

My parents don't give a gently caress about shoes in the house and neither do my sister or I, but they also taught us how to use the loving vacuum

also it's a moot point if you have indoor children or pets at all because they will shed and make messes and track poo poo inside and you'll have to clean regularly anyway

Vacuuming every day to keep the dirt I keep tracking in at bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Coasterphreak posted:

vacuuming doesn't remove the germs from all the literal poo poo you step in outdoors