Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repsnake
Sep 1, 2002

Yeah, seems to be a boomer thing with the whole shoes in the house. It's different across regions too, like, in Florida where I lived, sand got everywhere so the first floors were all tile or poly vinyl so it could get swept up easily and it was somewhat acceptable to not take the shoes off on the first floor.

Now that I'm back in the Great lakes region and snow is falling, you always track mud and water in with you. My parents still wear their shoes in the house from outside and it sucks to step on a wet spot on the carpet with socks on when I visit them.

I actually have three pairs of shoes specifically for wearing indoors that have never seen the outside and the soles get cleaned regularly. They are much better than slippers because they allow for more agility when walking up and down stairs and on tile floors. They also help protect the toes when you kick a corner.

Anyhow, outdoor shoes indoors = bad; dedicated indoor shoes = good; slippers = okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU