Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hogwild mode activated!

Rules are loosened a bit here. They still apply but you can be a bit more free in posting

Think of this as a warmup to Trump dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

mannerup posted:

https://twitter.com/rogerjstonejr/status/1730062196439204178?s=61&t=p0lkU7ZX97mSkS8t9yVjfg

I... actually believe Roger Stone on this (yes, Nixon wanted credit for those foreign policy accomplishments)

This does actually seem like something Nixon would do

And I take it to mean opening relations with China rather than Vietnam but I could have been both!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

funeral home DJ posted:

It’s kinda surprising to me how many people I’ve seen and met that say how chill the Vietnamese are regarding, ya know, the whole “massacre of their people” thing the US did and how an American passport isn’t an invitation to beat the poo poo out of its owner. When I was in my 20’s I met a kid who came back from vacationing there and I was genuinely surprised that they even allowed Americans into the country.

Also a 6’er is a 6-hour celebratory probation marking a date or a joke or whatever. It’s fun, you should try it.

I went to Vietnam a few years ago and it's an absolutely wonderful country. They really are chill with Americans and super, super friendly. It's been my favorite country to visit by far.

Their war museum is sobering, though. I also think there's a lot at play, such as us making the decision to open up, forge stronger ties and combat China (which is a huge thing for Vietnam). I also think they don't really believe in the sins of the father thing, but even then I've seen Vietnamese forgive US war veterans so I think at the base it's a culture thing