Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

nine-gear crow posted:

That whole "If I hadn't been born Jewish I would have totally been an Anti-Semite" quote is going to live with me for a long, loooong time any time I think of Kissinger. gently caress his dead evil rear end.

The thing about a lot of evil bastards is, they lack context. They get raised in complete safety and/or dysfunction, and their brains get warped by poison that they wholly support because they don't have any wider exposure to the many ways of life, and how often the 'Other' are not plotting fiends, but victims subjected to horrible abuse. How many of these anti trans and xenophobic assholes we know of today ever actually met one of the people they think are evil destroyers of this and that?

Kissinger was not one of them. He served as a soldier in the second World War. He helped liberate at least one Nazi concentration camp. He saw human evil at its most stark and banal. And the lessons he took away from it in the end was more or less "...They were weak." It just shows that some people are just born without any capacity to care, and their simulations of 'caring' will often end up causing even more pain and suffering (because I suspect that if you asked Kissinger and were able to force him to answer truthfully, he'd say that he didn't care if 10, or 100, or 500 million Others Somewhere Else suffered and died horribly, as long as it meant America The Shining City On The Hill had the advantage over the Evil Empire of the Soviet Union. To him, he was doing What Had To Be Done For The Sake Of His Country And Its People. As analysis showed, he was an utter failure even in THAT on top of it, but nothing would even penetrate his heartless 'caring').

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU